***** The Official Scottish Youth Cup Final thread *****

2 minutes ago, PRW. said:

So the 15's and 14's were unlucky and are the better teams whilst 13's are poorer?

Not as straight forward as that, at all ages Celtic will be bigger and stronger phsyically, seems to be a decision on the type of play they recruit.

The 13's have won every game I have watched other than this week's game against Celtic, they seem to be a bit behind them but ahead of the rest.

14's are a small team physically and they have lost a few games, they have good technical players and are a good footballing side, lack a real goalscorer

15's are a good side and win most weeks, the gap between teams narrows as they get older. and games generally get more competitive

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

And then when they get to 16/17 they get elevated to the under 20s and can't compete 

So It seems 

Agreed. The fashionable thought is that playing against older opposition will help their development? It also seems to be an an easy excuse for accepting defeat.

For me it is more important that they develop a winning mentality first. It is badly lacking amongst most of our first team squad, in the boardroom and it could be said amongst some of our support,

56 minutes ago, Travelrug said:

Agreed. The fashionable thought is that playing against older opposition will help their development? It also seems to be an an easy excuse for accepting defeat.

For me it is more important that they develop a winning mentality first. It is badly lacking amongst most of our first team squad, in the boardroom and it could be said amongst some of our support,

It's more important to develop a winning mentality at youth level than producing the best players we can? Maybe that's why we wank ourselves silly over average players like Andy Murdoch and Charlie Telfer. They were 'winners' after all.

9 hours ago, Elfideldo said:

Not as straight forward as that, at all ages Celtic will be bigger and stronger phsyically, seems to be a decision on the type of play they recruit.

The 13's have won every game I have watched other than this week's game against Celtic, they seem to be a bit behind them but ahead of the rest.

14's are a small team physically and they have lost a few games, they have good technical players and are a good footballing side, lack a real goalscorer

15's are a good side and win most weeks, the gap between teams narrows as they get older. and games generally get more competitive

Can you enlighten us 

13s behind in what areas?

14s Rangers Football Club are renowned for having goal scoring strikers, why not the case here?

15s When do these young lads get offer of Pro Contract? Who has a real chance ?      

1 hour ago, Rogerramjet25 said:

13s behind in what areas?

I already said they have a big physical advantage at all age groups, there have struggled to cope with a couple of players in the celtic team. One of these players usually plays 14's Celtic brought him back down for the game. Rangers chose not to bring back their Under 13 that plays up. One annoying factor is a significant number of the Celtic side were at Rangers. Under the previous HOY we were losing these players, that has stopped now. It is early days I have only seen them play Celtic twice,

14s Rangers Football Club are renowned for having goal scoring strikers, why not the case here?

I only stand at the side as a fan and watch the game, I don't have any inside info, I can only assume they haven't found one. They have tried various players in the role, where as they are good players none have proved to be prolific at that level like Ryan Hardie and Zak Rudden were.

15s When do these young lads get offer of Pro Contract? Who has a real chance ?    

The club are currently making on contract decisions on the current U16's, I've heard one or to rumours but I'll wait  until it is official.

Most parents believe their boy is one of the best, because of what I do with the blog I am known by most parents and speak to some. I only speak to parents that approach me, other than asking the name of a player I don't know. I'm not going to criticise or praise individuals on an open forum and potentially damage that relationship. Obviously I think some have a better chance than others, but it is only my opinion which I am happy to give  on a one to one basis in a private conversation.

5 minutes ago, Elfideldo said:

I already said they have a big physical advantage at all age groups, there have struggled to cope with a couple of players in the celtic team. One of these players usually plays 14's Celtic brought him back down for the game. Rangers chose not to bring back their Under 13 that plays up. One annoying factor is a significant number of the Celtic side were at Rangers. Under the previous HOY we were losing these players, that has stopped now. It is early days I have only seen them play Celtic twice,

I only stand at the side as a fan and watch the game, I don't have any inside info, I can only assume they haven't found one. They have tried various players in the role, where as they are good players none have proved to be prolific at that level like Ryan Hardie and Zak Rudden were.

The club are currently making on contract decisions on the current U16's, I've heard one or to rumours but I'll wait  until it is official.

Most parents believe their boy is one of the best, because of what I do with the blog I am known by most parents and speak to some. I only speak to parents that approach me, other than asking the name of a player I don't know. I'm not going to criticise or praise individuals on an open forum and potentially damage that relationship. Obviously I think some have a better chance than others, but it is only my opinion which I am happy to give  on a one to one basis in a private conversation.

Appreciate the feedback. Always great to hear what's going on all over the club, keep up the great work  

14 minutes ago, Elfideldo said:

You're in a really similar boat to myself there by the sound of things and, given some of the comments we get from fans, is why we've shied away a little from younger groups. The parents I speak to are all fantastic and really appreciate the stuff done by fans like yourself, me and one or two others. 

Ill still need to put a face to the name at some point mind you.