Pedro Ashamed after Sunday

Guest Lloyd72

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

Do you not feel though a good manager can work with what he has ... look at the way that rogers has improved the team we beat in the semi last year

Its amazing what a couple of quality players can do to the team.

You also have to take into consideration the chances they missed in that game. One was an open goal.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I agree it has to work at some point and ideally we could be the ones to benefit from it but it's too big an experiment just now when the taigs are wanting to do 10 and we can get left behind for years 

I was against this experimental idea at the time of Pedros appointment and still am with 1 or 2 maybe missing my point that there's a certain formula that works whether it's fancy or not 

Good football is good football whether it's fancy or not. A team from Israel with no budget passed Celtic off the pitch this season. 

You don't have to have a team of giants who play percentages just because  that's what's been done before in Scotland. 

45 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

As I said elsewhere, I'm that deflated by this season and most recently, Sunday's performance, that I couldn't give a fuck any more.

That was our last chance to salvage anything meaningful from what has been a car crash of a season and within five minutes, you just knew that they were turning us over.

The novelty of the new manager has well and truly turns off. We played better in the first-half of the 5-1 game than we did at Hampden.

Utter pish.

Last meaningful game and we played like we didn't want to be there.

Just now, gsa said:

I don't understand your question? I wasn't talking about Halliday or any specific incident. 

And yes it is. Football is backward in Scotland.

That's why our European participants don't get past the premilinary rounds and the national team hasn't qualified for a tournament in 20 years. 

Nonsense. The reason for that is more complex than football being backward. Some of the most renowned coaches in world have come from here. It's more complex than that and you are just being reductionist.  There are many people who know what they are doing when it comes to coaching etc, at all levels.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

Nonsense. The reason for that is more complex than football being backward. Some of the most renowned coaches in world have come from here. It's more complex than that and you are just being reductionist.  There are many people who know what they are doing when it comes to coaching etc, at all levels.

The reason for that is football is backward. People shout things such as "win the battle and the football will take care of itself" and "put it in the mixer". 

The standard of coaching is awful, fans are clueless, the media is a joke, players are slow, weak and technically substandard. 

It beggers belief that anyone could think it anything other than "backward".

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Important goals matter, they meant fuck all.

They mattered at the time.. you can downplay it all you want but he does score goals and along with Sinclair he has made a huge difference to them. Those players have transformed them this season.

5 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Sadly the days of great Scottish coaches/managers such as Shankly, Busby, Stein, Ferguson, Wallace etc., seems to be a thing of the past.  Coaching in our country appears to have gone down the same toilet as the football, which at least partially helps explain our abysmal record in attempting to qualify for major tournaments.  

The coaches above all came from 'hard' working class backgrounds and would have been lost in today's 'politically correct society of participation awards, to them winning was everything and they had a self-belief that filtered down to the players.  When you listen to some of the idiots on forums like this and often on the terraces it is no wonder some of these kids lack that 'gallous swagger' that made folk like Baxter, Henderson and Johnston the stars they were.  

Scotland is a football wilderness and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Imagine the managers I listed doing press conferences, goodness all the precious wee millennials would be up in arms.

Hey Mr Shankly what do you think of Europeans "Thieves vagabonds, cheats and liars".

26 minutes ago, gsa said:

The reason for that is football is backward. People shout things such as "win the battle and the football will take care of itself" and "put it in the mixer". 

The standard of coaching is awful, fans are clueless, the media is a joke, players are slow, weak and technically substandard. 

It beggers belief that anyone could think it anything other than "backward".

When you say fans are clueless etc, you could say "some", not all of them. It's isn't especially backward. You have many factors that contribute to the state of football here, but where the game is played and taught, on many levels, people know what they are talking about. One issue is that this country has always had good young players that don't make the grade; again that is a complex issue. It's too simple to say that football is backward in this country. 

8 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Sadly the days of great Scottish coaches/managers such as Shankly, Busby, Stein, Ferguson, Wallace etc., seems to be a thing of the past.  Coaching in our country appears to have gone down the same toilet as the football, which at least partially helps explain our abysmal record in attempting to qualify for major tournaments.  

The coaches above all came from 'hard' working class backgrounds and would have been lost in today's 'politically correct society of participation awards, to them winning was everything and they had a self-belief that filtered down to the players.  When you listen to some of the idiots on forums like this and often on the terraces it is no wonder some of these kids lack that 'gallous swagger' that made folk like Baxter, Henderson and Johnston the stars they were.  

Scotland is a football wilderness and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Imagine the managers I listed doing press conferences, goodness all the precious wee millennials would be up in arms.

Hey Mr Shankly what do you think of Europeans "Thieves vagabonds, cheats and liars".

I'm not denying there's a problem, but the issues are complex. Those illustrious names that you mention came from an industrial era that very much had football more ingrained into the fabric of society than it does now. It is unlikely we will see their like again, but we live in hope.

Some folk on here sound like they have e never been out their front door.

I'm not a huge fan of Pedro so far, but this underlying - he is a talk shite foreigner - from our own fucking fans is absolutely rank rotten.

He isn't the first manager to make a mistake. He has come out and stated quite clearly he is ashamed and it is not good enough?

You would need to have spent a grand total of one week at primary school to figure out what the ten second rule is. Naw but, folk want to come on and think they are the wits tits. Tragic.

I'm not convinced he is destined for greatness, but folk honestly need to get a life man.

26 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

The amount of snidey digs at the manager is ridiculous.

And the mongs who 'can't follow what he saying' or 'gave up at the first line' might want to apply for a job at the Daily Rhecord. 

Snidey digs at the manager you highlight, yet you call supporters Mongs and suggest they want to work for the beast fanzine.

Odd one.

Manager gets asked his thoughts on what went wrong. Manager gives thoughts then manager gets slaughtered for it..

welcome to the most fickle fan case in the world Pedro.all we really wanted to hear was how well we trained and that we'll learn from it and find the solution by being braver and looking after the football