17/18 kits

11 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Will Puma be making our tops for next season, I thought King took all their advertising down and gave them the cold shoulder. :confused:

To my knowledge it'll be the 5th year of a 5-year kit deal with Puma. Dave King has had no problems with Puma making the kits, it's just the selling of them, for reasons well-known, that's been problematic.

1 hour ago, Gartcosh Bear said:

To my knowledge it'll be the 5th year of a 5-year kit deal with Puma. Dave King has had no problems with Puma making the kits, it's just the selling of them, for reasons well-known, that's been problematic.

OK, I thought King had taken down the Puma advertising but maybe I have git that wrong. :thumbup:

Do you think we want to go back to Adidas strips because of simply nostalgia reasons?

I think everyone has those images of Gazza etc imprinted in our minds, but when it came down to it - and although I love those strips  - they weren't that great. It was those times that were great and those Adidas strips have been associated with it.

What do others think? 

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

Need to get the retail situation sorted. You see green and grey tops all the time now but hardly ever any Rangers strips. It's like they own the west of Scotland. Creates the wrong impression and it's been going on for too long.

This x 100%. :thumbup:

Puma themselves must be pissed off. 

I don't really know how much the manufacturer makes from each kit sold but I'm sure they'd have been expecting to sell a large amount of shirts when they signed the deal. 

Possibly the innocent party in our boardroom shambles. 

3 hours ago, Inigo said:

Need to get the retail situation sorted. You see green and grey tops all the time now but hardly ever any Rangers strips. It's like they own the west of Scotland. Creates the wrong impression and it's been going on for too long.

Totally this. I've seen more of the tramp tops in Larkhall than Rangers ones. It's disgusting. It gets my blood boiling because for me they have no right strutting around in my Protestant town wearing their rags!

I was saying to my husband this morning that if I had a small wean he/she would most definitely be wearing the Rangers top regardless of the Ashley deal. It needs sorted pronto.

4 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Do you think we want to go back to Adidas strips because of simply nostalgia reasons?

I think everyone has those images of Gazza etc imprinted in our minds, but when it came down to it - and although I love those strips  - they weren't that great. It was those times that were great and those Adidas strips have been associated with it.

What do others think? 

I think some of the adidas strips were excellent tbh. Overall though I personally preferred the Nike ones.

4 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

What do others think? 

Always preferred the Umbro stuff. My first kit was the CR Smith kit and the training tops from the late 80's were great.

2 hours ago, gsa said:

I don't really know how much the manufacturer makes from each kit sold but I'm sure they'd have been expecting to sell a large amount of shirts when they signed the deal. 

Don't puma just get an initial sum then it's up to the retailer to sell them?

Got a horrible feeling that we're gonna hear nothing for a few more weeks until the season has almost begun, before another damp squib kit launch and sheepish excuses from the club about the retail situation not being sorted yet. Really, really hope I'm wrong. 

From everything I've read, it sounds like a battle of the ego between King and Ashley. Would it be that bad if we were to back out of the deal (assuming that's possible) and arrange something to be sold throughout the Ibrox store? Punt everything from there and get opening more Rangers Stores off the back of the profit. A retail deal probably was right when we were in the shit but no longer serves the clubs best interests so we move on. 

I would love to see a big sports brand come in, NB would be a shout, they've probably noticed a huge increase in trainer sales with that mob across the way, now if they had both of Scotlands biggest clubs on board who knows... I don't think adidas would work though, isn't their strapline "Never Follow" can't see that working in Ibrox :huh:

1 minute ago, Bao said:

From everything I've read, it sounds like a battle of the ego between King and Ashley. Would it be that bad if we were to back out of the deal (assuming that's possible) and arrange something to be sold throughout the Ibrox store? Punt everything from there and get opening more Rangers Stores off the back of the profit. A retail deal probably was right when we were in the shit but no longer serves the clubs best interests so we move on. 

I would love to see a big sports brand come in, NB would be a shout, they've probably noticed a huge increase in trainer sales with that mob across the way, now if they had both of Scotlands biggest clubs on board who knows... I don't think adidas would work though, isn't their strapline "Never Follow" can't see that working in Ibrox :huh:

NB trainers were pretty popular before they started making their kits mate. Doubt very much it's made a difference to trainer sales in Glasgow. ?

17 hours ago, jackrfc95 said:

With our first game being only 4 weeks away I'd have thought this should be out pretty soon. 

It should be about now. Over the years its ranged between start of May to end of June depending if we were in SC final or not.

I have a feeling we will have the same kit as last year. Why change if there are no sales. Might be to SD s benefit to have a new kit right enough but makes no odds to the club.

6 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

It should be about now. Over the years its ranged between start of May to end of June depending if we were in SC final or not.

I have a feeling we will have the same kit as last year. Why change if there are no sales. Might be to SD s benefit to have a new kit right enough but makes no odds to the club.

Dave King promised us a proper kit launch :pipe:

On 5/29/2017 at 10:52 AM, Young Bob said:

If we do not have an issue with Puma why did we remove the advertising?

The advertising is on behalf of the retail arm which we tore up. 

22 hours ago, gsa said:

Mike Ashley has shares in Puma UK, hence why he dealt with them for our deal. Not an innocent party, just doing what the fat man tells them to do.

17 hours ago, BCLoyal9 said:

Got a horrible feeling that we're gonna hear nothing for a few more weeks until the season has almost begun, before another damp squib kit launch and sheepish excuses from the club about the retail situation not being sorted yet. Really, really hope I'm wrong. 

Exactly what will happen, same as last season. We ain't going to promote any new kit. First we'll hear about it is when its in a Sports Direct shop or online. There will be a new set of kits when there's money to be made, especially from the kids sizes. Won't expect much stock of the adult sizes as I don't think they'd make the same mistake twice in two years.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

The advertising is on behalf of the retail arm which we tore up. 

Mike Ashley has shares in Puma UK, hence why he dealt with them for our deal. Not an innocent party, just doing what the fat man tells them to do.

Exactly what will happen, same as last season. We ain't going to promote any new kit. First we'll hear about it is when its in a Sports Direct shop or online. There will be a new set of kits when there's money to be made, especially from the kids sizes. Won't expect much stock of the adult sizes as I don't think they'd make the same mistake twice in two years.

Good explanations there. Thanks.