17/18 kits

38 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

The advertising is on behalf of the retail arm which we tore up. 

Mike Ashley has shares in Puma UK, hence why he dealt with them for our deal. Not an innocent party, just doing what the fat man tells them to do.

Exactly what will happen, same as last season. We ain't going to promote any new kit. First we'll hear about it is when its in a Sports Direct shop or online. There will be a new set of kits when there's money to be made, especially from the kids sizes. Won't expect much stock of the adult sizes as I don't think they'd make the same mistake twice in two years.

You don't know that's a load of bollocks right. 

41 minutes ago, brazz1972 said:

NB trainers were pretty popular before they started making their kits mate. Doubt very much it's made a difference to trainer sales in Glasgow. ?

Maybe not huge but it's not inconceivable to think it would have had some effect. The point being, I'd like to see a big sports brand come in for us regardless. 

23 hours ago, BailliestonTB said:

How long does Ashley have the rights for ? Fucking hate the fact I've not got this season really liked the home top aswell.

Hold the board to ransom. Every day we don't sign a new player buy another bit of the kit. Shorts today, socks tomorrow, goalie top on Thursday. Make them aware we are not happy.

As I recall it King said in an interview a few months ago he hoped the situation with SD would be sorted this summer.     It would be great if that turns out to be the case.   But there is a court case still in play where SD is claiming damages, breach of directors' fiduciary duty and costs against Rangers for what SD claim is the unlawful termination of the Rangers Retail Ltd contract.   Mixed into this is who has the legal rights to use Rangers intellectual property rights.   I presume all of this impacts deeply on the strip provider as they'd need to be clear that they are lawfully putting the Rangers logo on strips and lawfully distributing them for sale via whatever retail contract is in force.   Puma - as I understand it - are caught in the crossfire between SD and Rangers, and Rangers took the huff (so to speak) with Puma for Puma not agreeing to sell other than through the agreed SD contract, hence the removal by Rangers of Puma advertising around Ibrox and on the Rangers website.

In short it seems to me the mess the Club has found itself in with SD continues.  There are just under 7 years of the SD contract to run .  Rangers has issued a termination notice to end the contract when its term ends but that's nearly 7 years away.   But Rangers has also issued a separate termination notice on SD for alleged breach of contract (presumably in order to get out of the retail deal immediately).   SD has unsurprisingly rejected the termination notice and has is suing Rangers for breach of contract.  The case is still to be resolved in court.   Neither King or Ashley seem to be on speaking terms to the point of being prepared to sit down and negotiate a settlement to bring the deal to a mutually satisfactory end.   It seems to me we have to wait for the Court do decide whether Rangers has lawfully terminated the contract for breach of contract or whether SD wins its case for Rangers being in breach of contract.......in which case large damages and costs to be paid by Rangers.

Whether the unresolved court case with SD prevents Rangers from striking out on its own and creating a fresh, new retail sales arrangement which would - it seems to me - obviously need the buy-in of a strip provider is another matter.    Clearly the strip provider would want to be legally assured that if it puts the Rangers logo onto strips as instructed by Rangers it is doing so lawfully otherwise it may find itself in breach of intellectual property rights which might still be held by SD if the court decided in SD's favour.  That could be a big problem for the strip provider if the court found that Rangers had unlawfully terminated the SD contract and the property rights that were included in it.

At present I don't see how this can be resolved in time for new season since the court still has to hear the case and make a ruling.   Unless of course King and Ashley are finding a way to open up discussion to resolve it between Rangers and SD and take the matter out of the hands of the court.  

It sure would be good to have an update from the Club on the status of strips being provided for the new season.    Unless they are in dialogue with SD about resolving this it seems to me the Club is choppy and difficult legal water about how to organise the provision of a new strip and not find itself on the wrong end of yet more claims for breach of contract.    I sure hope the Rangers commercial and legal teams are right on the legal ball it organising strips for next season.   Will be very interesting to see how this pans out.   Not long to wait since the first Europa game is under a month away.

On 29/05/2017 at 0:51 PM, Inigo said:

Need to get the retail situation sorted. You see green and grey tops all the time now but hardly ever any Rangers strips. It's like they own the west of Scotland. Creates the wrong impression and it's been going on for too long.

I've an idea. It might catch on I dunno but why don't we all buy a top, get the kids one too (you know they don't give a fuck other than pulling that top over their head) and wear it with pride - voila job done   

Place will be awash with bears showing their pride in supporting Rangers. Red white and blue everywhere  

Can you imagine that. Sounds like a brilliant idea eh?

the alternative is to hate a fat man and deny yourself that feeling of wearing a Rangers top - a magic feeling indeed. 

28 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I've an idea. It might catch on I dunno but why don't we all buy a top, get the kids one too (you know they don't give a fuck other than pulling that top over their head) and wear it with pride - voila job done   

Place will be awash with bears showing their pride in supporting Rangers. Red white and blue everywhere  

the alternative is to hate a fat man and deny yourself that feeling of wearing a Rangers top - a magic feeling indeed. 

Nah, thankfully the vast majority won't touch a bit of merchandise until a good deal for the club is worked out. 

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You'll need King to walk away for a start

Probably, but he did say he expected the situation to be sorted for the new tops this year I am sure.

I just think the whole thing is nuts and damaging to us as a club. Frustrating as fuck. :anger:

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

Nah, thankfully the vast majority won't touch a bit of merchandise until a good deal for the club is worked out. 

Then the consequences are far reaching and go beyond starving a fat man. 

People should therefore stop crying like babies that the place is full of grey and green and live with the fact their children won't be able to wear a shiny new Rangers top cos mum/dad deny them this right. This imo is far more damaging than the retail deal  

13 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

People should therefore stop crying like babies that the place is full of grey and green and live with the fact their children won't be able to wear a shiny new Rangers top cos mum/dad deny them this right. This imo is far more damaging than the retail deal  

It is a clusterfuck mate, and you wonder just how long this is going to go on for. Hopefully King is true to his word (no laughing at the back) and it will be sorted soon. 

Just now, Bears r us said:

It is a clusterfuck mate, and you wonder just how long this is going to go on for. Hopefully King is true to his word (no laughing at the back) and it will be sorted soon. 

Hopefully.

There are hundreds if not thousands of kids who won't be wearing our top about the place because parents refuse them. I remember what it felt like running about pretending to be Big DJ - it was brilliant I felt magical, proud - I find it hard understanding parents not letting their kids feel like this. The implications are Far reaching and folks don't see it  

the grey and green have no competition in our streets- none. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Hopefully.

There are hundreds if not thousands of kids who won't be wearing our top about the place because parents refuse them. I remember what it felt like running about pretending to be Big DJ - it was brilliant I felt magical, proud - I find it hard understanding parents not letting their kids feel like this. The implications are Far reaching and folks don't see it  

the grey and green have no competition in our streets- none. 

:thumbup:

6 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Nah. Shit idea. Nothing to do with hating fat men either.

6 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

:lol: Like babies. No idea who shat in your coffee, but you've become a bit of a twat of late.

Nah, perfectly valid to think that the best thing on balance to do is not to buy a top as well as be annoyed that Board haven't sorted it yet, and express that I'd rather it was sorted quickly and why. Cheers for the advice, though.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Nah. Shit idea. Nothing to do with hating fat men either.

:lol: Like babies. No idea who shat in your coffee, but you've become a bit of a twat of late.

Nah, perfectly valid to think that the best thing on balance to do is not to buy a top as well as be annoyed that Board haven't sorted it yet, and express that I'd rather it was sorted quickly and why. Cheers for the advice, though.

:lol: shit I'm my coffee. I'm using that defo. 

Ive not said people should or shouldn't buy merchandise. Just that it's further reaching than just the deal. 

I'll reign in my twatness:tu: it's just things are increasingly pushing my buttons on here.  

Fux me off somewhat  

6 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Probably, but he did say he expected the situation to be sorted for the new tops this year I am sure.

I just think the whole thing is nuts and damaging to us as a club. Frustrating as fuck. :anger:

The stupid fuck wants to use SD if it ever gets sorted out.