17/18 kits

12 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Same home shirt as last year confirmed.

"Managing director Stewart Robertson said: “It’s going to be the same kit – because these things have quite long times to get them into the market. “So from the supporters’ perspective, there’s not a lot of them have bought it so there’s a retail opportunity there for Puma, Sports Direct and the club.”

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/rangers-to-keep-last-season-s-home-kit-for-new-campaign-1-4482627"

Only reason we are keeping that home top is because spoets direct would have bought a shit load in and none have been sold probably part of the deal so sports direct didnt lose all that stock.

ps watch the prices go up ??

16 minutes ago, Marky. said:

"Managing director Stewart Robertson said: “It’s going to be the same kit – because these things have quite long times to get them into the market. “So from the supporters’ perspective, there’s not a lot of them have bought it so there’s a retail opportunity there for Puma, Sports Direct and the club.”

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/rangers-to-keep-last-season-s-home-kit-for-new-campaign-1-4482627"

I'm sure he was speaking about Europa League. 

1 minute ago, GILLIES said:

Only reason we are keeping that home top is because spoets direct would have bought a shit load in and none have been sold probably part of the deal so sports direct didnt lose all that stock.

It's a win win. SD/Puma sell off all the stock and fans don't miss out on a great top.

1 minute ago, MisterBlueSky said:

That's the confusion.

I'm sure they said new kit for new season but no time to have one for europa..... someone confirm 

I'm sure he said they would need to work with Puma about a kit launch before the start of the league but the Europa kit has been submitted. 

Surely they wouldn't do a kit launch for last season's kit? A new one would maximise profit. 

17 minutes ago, Cobham said:

Red on the home top disgusts me!

:bow:

Kit should be a blue shirt with white trim, plain white shorts, and either black socks with red tops or red socks with white tops. Although I did like the late 80s/early 90s umbro kits with blue socks.

I detest all blue european kits and anytime we play in our home kit with white socks like in the 99/00 season for some games.

Kit rant over!

If you worked for Puma you'd have to wonder what the company has done wrong and is still doing wrong.    Dave King and the MD do their press interviews, have their photos taken with an advertising board behind them, splash out the news of reaching a revised deal with SD.....even a special article confirming Rangers will keep the same strip for next season but hope to offer a new change kit soon.

SD feature on the logo board behind King.   So does 32 Red.  But no mention of Puma.  

Same goes for the official list of partnerships.   32 Red as official club sponsor.  Coca Cola as official soft drink sponsor.  PowerAde as official sport drink sponsor. Bonaccord Life as official life insurance partner.   Utilita as official energy partner.    But no mention of Puma anywhere.    I seem to recall the advertising for Puma was covered up at Ibrox sometime during last season too.   

So with the SD relations thawing (King's term from last week), have they not also not thawed a bit with Puma or is Puma still being cold shouldered for some reason as far as advertising goes?    

On 2017-6-21 at 11:39 PM, McEwan's Lager said:

:bow:

Kit should be a blue shirt with white trim, plain white shorts, and either black socks with red tops or red socks with white tops. Although I did like the late 80s/early 90s umbro kits with blue socks.

I detest all blue european kits and anytime we play in our home kit with white socks like in the 99/00 season for some games.

Kit rant over!

Agree 100%. All blue kit is not a Google look.

On 21/06/2017 at 6:17 PM, Marky. said:

Aye if you can find one ?

12 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

If you worked for Puma you'd have to wonder what the company has done wrong and is still doing wrong.    Dave King and the MD do their press interviews, have their photos taken with an advertising board behind them, splash out the news of reaching a revised deal with SD.....even a special article confirming Rangers will keep the same strip for next season but hope to offer a new change kit soon.

SD feature on the logo board behind King.   So does 32 Red.  But no mention of Puma.  

Same goes for the official list of partnerships.   32 Red as official club sponsor.  Coca Cola as official soft drink sponsor.  PowerAde as official sport drink sponsor. Bonaccord Life as official life insurance partner.   Utilita as official energy partner.    But no mention of Puma anywhere.    I seem to recall the advertising for Puma was covered up at Ibrox sometime during last season too.   

So with the SD relations thawing (King's term from last week), have they not also not thawed a bit with Puma or is Puma still being cold shouldered for some reason as far as advertising goes?    

I think Ashley is a shareholder in puma also,  puma did not want involved in the dispute and wanted to remain neutral.  Now it sorted they will want to make our kit for years to come as we do sell a shit load of kits. 

13 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

PowerAde as official sport drink sponsor.

O.T. Is Powerade still easily available in Scotland? It's been missing from the supermarket shelves for months where I live. I've tried to find out why to no avail.

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

I think Ashley is a shareholder in puma also,  puma did not want involved in the dispute and wanted to remain neutral.  Now it sorted they will want to make our kit for years to come as we do sell a shit load of kits. 

Actually think he punted his Puma shares mate, and he only had about 3% anyway. 

On 6/21/2017 at 6:33 PM, GILLIES said:

Doubt it, I ordered 2 home tops from Sports Direct online the day the new deal was announced and by the time the order was processed the tops were out of stock

I certainly hope their not going to get new stock and then sell it for more than the £20 it was on sale for previously, if they do the Club and SD can shove it up their arse

I dont see why its taking so long to get new stock and i dont understand how there is no stock left.

Last week almost no one was buying tops then all of a sudden their gone within 24 hours? Dont see how thats possible

The Club are missing a beat here, all there is in the magastore is cheap crap, some of the stuff literally looks like white undershirts with the badge printed on them and theyre selling them for a tenner.

Its mid summer and folk are wanting stuff for their holidays they should be getting the finger out and getting them sold.

How will this work out anyway if the shirts are going for £20 quid? How can there still be profit for Rangers, Puma and SD if theyre still doing last seasons top?

3 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

I dont see why its taking so long to get new stock and i dont understand how there is no stock left.

Last week almost no one was buying tops then all of a sudden their gone within 24 hours? Dont see how thats possible

The Club are missing a beat here, all there is in the magastore is cheap crap, some of the stuff literally looks like white undershirts with the badge printed on them and theyre selling them for a tenner.

Its mid summer and folk are wanting stuff for their holidays they should be getting the finger out and getting them sold.

How will this work out anyway if the shirts are going for £20 quid? How can there still be profit for Rangers, Puma and SD if theyre still doing last seasons top?

End of the food chain gets less, so we get less profit.