Has the manager already lost the dressing room?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

In terms of Scottish football they are unfortunately that good, equally unfortunately we're saddled with a team that would struggle to beat Albion Rovers.

The only new players started today was sinclair was it not? Imo roberts is one of their best players and hes off in the summer youd imagine. You look at their team and they are not "that good", its just we are truely fuckin awful. The sheep will probably give them a better game and that's criminal 

5 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Don't get it to be honest, King needs chased but is that likely to happen? We need investment but is that likely to happen? They have fucked up this appointment again and all i can think of in my current frame of mind is that the fans need to let the board know that they have fucked it. Still got probably the majority saying its too early and its no his team. what is it 7 games in and you can see they have fucked it with this manager

The appointment of Pedro made no sense to me. What we need is someone who knows the Scottish scene, who knows how to win here and we should have chased someone like McInnes and made it clear to him he was our only choice.  I'm not saying he'd be the next Walter Smith but ffs, he knows more about our game and our club than the likes of Warburton and Pedro ever will.

5 minutes ago, calikeo said:

And Murty overseen defeats to Dundee - who have lost 7 on the bounce - and an Inverness team that just got horsed by Ross County.  Pedro has undoubtedly made mistakes - but the common factor  between our three managers this year are the players.

The majority are average at best, inconsistent and have a distinct lack of desire and professional pride - hard things for any manager to change in a matter of weeks.

Warburton royally fucked the transfer window last summer with only Hill having any sort of impact - Pedro needs to get every signing spot on or we'll be a distant second or third again.

The massive difference is you saw progress.... Murty was chucked in the deep end with Warburtorns cowards.... he took a couple of games to get through to them and then you started to see progress... Pedro has come in and we have gone from bad to worse.. we were in a cup semi final last week against this mob, it was our whole season and we barely got close to them. The one positive they all talked about in the interview was that we had an immediate opportunity to set it right.... Pedro went on about how we would see more passion, how he would ensure that it was different in our own patch... aye it was different alright.... it was fucking much worse

Honestly i can see why people are not happy with pedro but to be putting majority of the blame on him is insane. He has inherited a team that can't defend and can't score we have waghorn and garner two players who can't score for shit and our best players are clint hill and miller. If he had even 3 of his own players in that first team then i might agree to an extent but the players look like they don't want to work under him at all.

Pedro watched Roberts roast beerman less than a week ago then went with it again and low and behold it happened again the wee man was tortured today and he was bricking it when the ball was down his end. All our players need to be booted out freed put up for sale for 100 quid anything to get rid of the imposters. I hate them all now 

We need players who know what it means to be a winner, but we need to mix it with players who bring quality.  Most of our summer signings are either gone, injured or simply not good enough and the team we have now are largely the same team we had in the Championship which even then was not good enough.

I am far from convinced with Pedro but I feel sorry for him in that he has to work with that bunch of imposters.  If I'm not mistaken if Hearts drop ANY points then we have secured European football so our only remaining 'goal' if you will is almost done.  I am hurting from today as much as anyone but I am trying to remain positive in the thought that we will never see half of those guys in an OF again.

For five years I have said that I would never welcome any of the 2012 'walkers' back...  but if the chance to sign some of them still within reasonable age came about then I would do it simply so that any/all future players would know what it means to be here.

As some have said we have a massive summer coming up and we must get it right.

2 hours ago, rangersmad86 said:

If this is the case, this would normally lead to the board getting rid of the manager as it's far easier to get rid of one guy as opposed to a dozen players. Not this time! This is a perfect chance for everyone of those incompetent bastards to be shown the door.

The jury is massively out on Pedro but the least the guy deserves is a chance to work with his own players. We can all see that these imposters are an embarrassment to this club, so IMO he shouldn't be judged on their shortcomings. 

We are fast becoming another diddy club that the scum hammer every week, huge change is required in the squad. This is unbearable today, we are at Ibrox, our home, our supposed fortress and that mob have just strolled it. Absolutely numb. Get them all out. 

He's had his fucking chance.

Two games, tactics all wrong, team all wrong and learned absolutely nothing from first game in fact we got even worse.

Not the man for us if he cannot see the blindingly obvious.

13 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Pedro watched Roberts roast beerman less than a week ago then went with it again and low and behold it happened again the wee man was tortured today and he was bricking it when the ball was down his end. All our players need to be booted out freed put up for sale for 100 quid anything to get rid of the imposters. I hate them all now 

So who would you have played at left back?

13 minutes ago, Potdog said:

Honestly i can see why people are not happy with pedro but to be putting majority of the blame on him is insane. He has inherited a team that can't defend and can't score we have waghorn and garner two players who can't score for shit and our best players are clint hill and miller. If he had even 3 of his own players in that first team then i might agree to an extent but the players look like they don't want to work under him at all.

He inherited a team that went to the paedodome and mostly blanked out their best attackers and got a draw. He decided that repeating the tactics wasn't good enough for him and got a hammering. He then went with a more ludicrous formation and got a bigger hammering.

He doesn't have it in him to manage us.

Hes our version of Delila

2 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

He inherited a team that went to the paedodome and mostly blanked out their best attackers and got a draw. He decided that repeating the tactics wasn't good enough for him and got a hammering. He then went with a more ludicrous formation and got a bigger hammering.

He doesn't have it in him to manage us.

Hes our version of Delila

If he has the team in a worse place at this point next season then i'll admit it but right now he has a shower of pish that call themselves players.

Two best players today were Hill and Miller they played like they were still out to prove themselves as players. Our younger guys who should be bursting a gut to show there worth just don't cut it. To many are happy to go through the motions and it really irks that they don't seem to realise that right now is the pinnacle of there career and they are completely pissing it up the wall.

It looks like most of them are not playing for him. Exceptions being Miler and Hill. Get rid of as many  as we can during the summer and hope we get our transfers right this time .

We are physically too small how,  many times did we get brushed off the ball today . We need quality, skilled and physical players. The manager I am unsure of but he needs time . The board need to spend money or get someone in who will.

In retrospect I am glad Warburton did not get much to spend, look at the dross he bought particularly the 2 sizeable buys ,in our terms, he bought. Thank God he did not get money to buy more. 

This transfer window has to be right or we are going to suffer another miserable few years.

10 minutes ago, five stars said:

It certainly looks that way. I thought bringing in the "local" coach was supposed to ensure harmony in the dressing room and smoothover any cultural differences. Ah that's right we appointed a fin.

barry ferguson is a stand up leader. A portuguese and fin never for Rangers.

2 hours ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

Ffs  , it's not his team. Sick of cunts blaming Pedro - any manager couldn't make these clowns play football

Mate you cannot tell me he is not a concern.his team or not.

He came out with 10 minutes to go before kick-off and told the world how his midfield were going to play a diamond shape.

Rogers want in and probably changed his tactics, between that and announcing his team 24 hours before a game. Monday tae fuck.

10 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Maybe Wilson with Bates and Hill inside ?  Danny's not the quickest but perhaps his experience would have helped.  May be not though.

And I wasn't trying to be argumentative or anything and definitely agree that Beerman looked out his depth in the two Old Firm games - but just further points out how unbalanced Warburton left the squad. 

Halliday or Wilson at full back may have been better or might've been worse - and definitely think neither would've made such a rash challenge.  

And I'll give Pedro something - at least he doesn't rate Kiernan or Senderos!