Public boycott of season tickets...

Virtuoso

Just now, K.A.I said:

Sorry mate not a fan of boycott's in any shape. The clubs in a shite state just now, watch us sink lower without the season ticket monies.

It would lead to admin mk2 overnight. Nothing surer.

What's needed is the people who have a bit of influence like Club1872, Union Bears on matchday, Sons Of Struth for the penny to finally drop with these guys and start doing the same protests and displays.

Campaigns in the media against King'co and Robertson would help too but would rather not have anything off they cunts.

You know and I know that will never happen. For obvious reasons.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, offminorthreat said:

I think there is a lack of appreciation of how dire the situation is. Drastic action and a bluff is sometimes the only choice in what is effectively a negotiation between the fans and our own board. 

Exactly.

Force their hand.

It is about time you can stand up for what you think is the right thing to do without being labeled a tarrier on here.

Why can't people see that something drastic is needed, and if you can't buy into a boycott then what is your solution to get us out this mess? Shut your eyes and hope that someone else will fix it?

I will tell you what I think is tarrier behaviour, doing fuck all to change or influence what is happening in our club from the top down.

Surely only a tarrier would be happy to financially support the current players and board strategy? 

I won't be renewing until King and the board are gone. 

Folk need to stop focusing solely on money, our problems aren't all money related. It's the soul of the club and winning mentality that is disappearing that's the problem.

1 minute ago, Cam1872 said:

It is about time you can stand up for what you think is the right thing to do without being labeled a tarrier on here.

Why can't people see that something drastic is needed, and if you can't buy into a boycott then what is your solution to get us out this mess? Shut your eyes and hope that someone else will fix it?

I will tell you what I think is tarrier behaviour, doing fuck all to change or influence what is happening in our club from the top down.

Surely only a tarrier would be happy to financially support the current players and board strategy? 

I won't be renewing until King and the board are gone. 

Folk need to stop focusing solely on money, our problems aren't all money related. It's the soul of the club and winning mentality that is disappearing that's the problem.

Fuck off then and don't come back

2 minutes ago, californiadreamin52 said:

A boycott will finish Rangers 

That is absolute bollocks. The Board will fold like the cheap suits they wear as soon as that life line is taken from them and will be forced to either sell or wrote a very big cheque, after which people will sign up again in droves. 

I have renewed three season tickets, the two week cooling off period to cancel the 4 monthly payment credit agreement passed for me on Wednesday. Absolutely raging as I would have cancelled - that was most pathetic, embarrassing performance by a Rangers team I have ever witnessed at Ibrox.

13 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

So it's ok when it was King and Houston calling for a boycott whilst seeking assurances, but now the shoe is on the other foot - boycotts are suddenly toxic?

Not looking to argue, but just seems very hypocritical.

I'v never been supportive of any boycotts. 

3 minutes ago, offminorthreat said:

That is absolute bollocks. The Board will fold like the cheap suits they wear as soon as that life line is taken from them and will be forced to either sell or wrote a very big cheque, after which people will sign up again in droves. 

Without the fans support it would not be good business . You are looking for a benifactor which is extremely unlikely to happen time for a l reality check

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Ram yer boycotts up yer arse.  

What I will say though, this mob have the cheek to put season ticket prices up to watch a team full of shitebags, they can fuck off on that front. 

How do you suppose to get them to fuck off if no  boycott though? Iv said im cancelling but i am man enough to admit my toys are out the pram. Sure my mind will change in a few days when i cool off

Feels to me like King, Robertson and the Board are on thin ice at present.  The result today is very very painful.   The OF results over the season compound that pain.  The league position adds to it, as do the very less than stellar performances in cup competitions.    Loyalty is loyalty, through thick and thin and all that.  And loyalty may see a good number of ST's renewed or, if not renewed, then fresh sales to those who want to buy a ticket.     

But the question for King and the Board is will be - will 43000 STs sold?    For if that volume is not sold then what are the consequences for the Club and company for next season?  Is that volume needed to fund whatever transfer budget Pedro is to be given because King and other Board members are all done as far as investing more for players? 

Other than loyalty regardless of circumstances and results and prospects next season, it will be very interesting to see what line King and Robertson and the Board will take to persuade supporters to back them with another season of 43000 STs, and what they do if they don't achieve sales of 43000 (or thereabouts) STs.    A very interesting few months coming up.   And that's aside from King appearing in court in response to his refusal to abide by the ruling of The Takeover Panel - he may yet be compelled to have to find substantial £Ms of his own money to buy shares from shareholders.   And aside from all of the other court stuff still going on, all of which have the potential to affect the appetite of supporters for buying STs.      

1 hour ago, one55 said:

won't be renewing my season ticket. call me whatever the fuck you want but at least i put my money where my mouth is unlike King. 

I said this a few months ago and got grilled for it.  I admire you for posting this because to an extent I agree.  It's the only way we are going to get our message across.  Funny that some people who questioned me are the ones who 'liked' your post.

I will still get my ST but this coming season is my final unless I see changes.  No debt to have an excuse for not spending and our 'big earners' gone in the summer. 

Just what we need another boycott.

I never joined the last one, so won't join this one.

While there are many more pleasant ways to spend my cash, I won't stop just because we have a bunch of surrender monkeys playing for us.

1 hour ago, Virtuoso said:

So the board can sit back and invest the square root of fuck all in the team and rely on the support to tide them over?

Nah. Time to force their hand.

Here's a scenario for you.

Nobody renews their season books, The board say they don't have the money to spend to a level we can compete and will be more of the same, The club then have next to no income and we wouldn't get anywhere near the amount in loans from others to keep the club going financially, We would then be trading insolvent and wouldn't be long before admin was apon us again.

I'm just as pissed off as you are at the way things are right now, Being a Rangers supporter you have to take the good with the bad, Iv'e lived through some tremendous things as a Rangers supporter and iv'e also lived through some real bad times, That's just the nature of football and the last 5yrs haven't helped.

You stick by the club win,lose or draw.

I don't like the board, I don't like most of the players and i don't like the manager, I hate our football at present and the gutless performances.. I hate the fact the media treat us like a laughing stock.

The biggest bonus for me from the last 5yrs hasn't been how we have got better,More stable,Getting our house in order or getting rid of the shysters.

The biggest thing for me in the last 5yrs has been the pride in watching our supporters stick by the club from those dark days and working our way through the leagues in difficult times while all and sundry couldn't wait to put the boot into us, But our supporters stood by our club shoulder to shoulder.. That's what being a Rangers fan is all about through good and bad.

everycunt oppossing boycotts now? wasn't a fucking problem trying to get King in was it? fucking hypocrites. this club under the current board won't be getting another fucking penny off me. hope who ever gets my seat next season enjoys watching this shite. fucking mugs if you put any money into the club for king to waste. get him tae fuck.

2 minutes ago, one55 said:

everycunt oppossing boycotts now? wasn't a fucking problem trying to get King in was it? fucking hypocrites. this club under the current board won't be getting another fucking penny off me. hope who ever gets my seat next season enjoys watching this shite. fucking mugs if you put any money into the club for king to waste. get him tae fuck.

Ok. Bye.