Public boycott of season tickets...

Virtuoso

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully some folk have calmed down a little now.

'Boycotting' your club's season tickets when they are in desperate need of finance is absolutely counter productive. 

If you don't want to go anymore because it's pish, then to a degree that's understandable, but to claim people are 'less of a fan', a 'lemming' or a 'kingaling' because they continue to buy a season ticket is just ridiculous. 

9 hours ago, dougaaley said:

Whether he actually had the money or not, Murray's time in charge seems to have made a lot of the support spoiled in this age of billionaire club owners.

And people are expecting King to be just as free with the cash - he's not a sugar daddy, nor should he be, he's a mendacious Liverpool supporting shyster.

Fixed that last bit for you.

It would be a different story if he hadn't spoken about £30 million and 'front loading' then used loans by others to claim he had spent around half of that.

He is the one who raised expectations and the gullible (who are still defending him) swallowed it. He is that much of a Rangers man that he flies in to the country for a few days then flies out the day before a game.

We have been plagued by charlatans and incompetents for years and until every last one of them is chased thereis little hope of returning to the top. 

I'm perfectly realistic that it takes time to rebuild but so much could have been achieved with decent competent people in the boardroom.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

'Boycotting' your club's season tickets when they are in desperate need of finance is absolutely counter productive. 

If you don't want to go anymore because it's pish, then to a degree that's understandable, but to claim people are 'less of a fan', a 'lemming' or a 'kingaling' because they continue to buy a season ticket is just ridiculous. 

It is compeltley counter productive but think its probably 1 of the only ways the board see how much it's affecting the fans

Cunts can walk out early, jeer the players etc but guarantee you in 2 weeks against Hearts it's a sell out

Board must honestly be sitting thinking wtf will it take for them to stop coming? 

(Saying all this after blowing over a grand last week on 2 tickets)

Okay, let's not boycott but put season tickets up by £100 with King making a promise (no laughing at the back) to double it. For every £100 put in, KingCo puts in £200.

35000 ST's x £300 = 10.5 million (gross) on top of standard ST sales that could be earmarked soley for players.

Worst case scenario, the board matches it - that's still £5.25 million generated instantly.

It was good enough for DK to advocate a boycott to get the board out. It would be hypocritical of him, or his supporters, to argue against fans using the same tactic for the same purpose.

If you have never supported a boycott then your view is perfectly credible and you shouldn't be criticised. Its also perfectly reasonable not to renew and go on a game by game basis. That sends a message but continues week by week funding to cover running costs.

People buy ST's because they are Rangers fans

Boycotting is futile and counter productive 

Look st the net result of the last boycott

We ended up deeper in debt to Ashley with all the associated Shite that brought with it

Just now, tazzabear said:

Can't understand what a boycott would actually achieve.

its not as if there are a long line of suitors waiting to invest their zillions.

To force the boards hand into providing serious investment in rebuilding the team.

Where they find it is down to them but unless they're put in a spot, then it will be relying on st sales and next to fuck all investment from our esteemed custodians again next season.

17 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Okay, let's not boycott but put season tickets up by £100 with King making a promise (no laughing at the back) to double it. For every £100 put in, KingCo puts in £200.

35000 ST's x £300 = 10.5 million (gross) on top of standard ST sales that could be earmarked soley for players.

Worst case scenario, the board matches it - that's still £5.25 million generated instantly.

I like your idea but my issue would be who would administer it? Who would trust whoever was put in place for this? At least it is a thought out solution/idea which may or may not work. I just don't fancy the boycott idea though and you have come up with another idea.

Anyway, fuck this board and those who can't see past them.

Boycott will never work, too many Bears want to go to see Rangers and will do through thick and thin. And rightly so.  There are other ways of letting the board know what the support feels and I would suggest during a game is the prime time.

Good that a few of you not renewing though, huge waiting list apparently.  Onwards and upwards !!!

35 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

To force the boards hand into providing serious investment in rebuilding the team.

Where they find it is down to them but unless they're put in a spot, then it will be relying on st sales and next to fuck all investment from our esteemed custodians again next season.

I'm honestly not convinced the board have the resources to provide serious investment. I do understand why people might want a boycott, but I refuse to jeopardise the future of our club by not buying.

I'm not that great when it comes to the financial constraints of our club and admittedly don't know enough regarding th strangle hold Ashley has over our club. 

Do we not need to get smrid of him initially to become a more attractive investment for new owners?  Kingco don't have the money to front this operation (my opinion).

What would it take to get rid of Ashley and would any money be required to get shot of Kingco.

Imo I can only see this is the way forward,  starving the club of season ticket money is tempting to highlight the message we want Kingco out, but is this not risky and counter productive in many levels, day to day running of the club and this won't get rid of Ashley?  

12 minutes ago, West_Side said:

I'm honestly not convinced the board have the resources to provide serious investment. I do understand why people might want a boycott, but I refuse to jeopardise the future of our club by not buying.

That's the nail on the head. How can we (the fans) do something about the board and King without damaging our club?  

20 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

...until the board put their heads above the parapet and come out and state 10/15+ million will be made available to soley rebuild. It's up to them to find it.

Well King and SoS seemed keen on boycotting until further assurances were given under the previous regime  :happy:

10-15 million isn't enough. We're already at least that far behind them and they'll spend again in the summer. We need upwards of 20 million to rebuild the full squad and all the protests and boycotts in the world won't get it from Dave King because he can't give us what he doesn't have.

We're fucked.

17 hours ago, OranjeBear said:

Fans need to take control of club. Leaving it to suits will get club no where.

Jesus!!!

We've just had a 'fans group' collapse in less than a year of it's inception due to the actions of one toxic individual. 

Can you imagine how the blazer chasers and self-serving egotists would be if in charge of the club :sarcasm:

5 hours ago, Billy1984 said:

Your on about attacking fans when you're the one hitting out with pish like "what's tarrier behaviour is renewing you're season ticket" like kaiser said no one gives a fuck if you throw in the towel but don't attack other fans who want to keep going and supporting our team. When we're finally out of this mess you'll be the type who's straight back and giving it the loyal patter. None of us are happy the way it's going but I won't be guilt tripped into stopping doing something I've done half my life because roasters like you think a boycott would achieve anything. 

I accept I was coming at it from wrong angle. Though I do think you quoted me within your post unfairly just to prove a point. - Your quote isn't what I actually said/wrote in the context you used it.

Now the dust has settled my view would be that if either you.

Renew and that's it, no further input in moving us forward - won't change what is wrong in our club.

Don't renew and no further input in moving us forward - won't change what is wrong with our club.

We need to send a message as fans in unison.

I got frustrated at what I saw as apathy - I renewed so it will all be fine, which I still think is miles away from the truth.

The tarrier chat is honking, basically used it as others were using it against me - playground stuff. Again, won't help move club forward.

Be interested to know if anyone has tried anything else to protest? Not buying a ST is obviously potentially damaging to the club, so surely you would try other things before it came to that? Have you protested in any other way? Don't you think it's better to try other things before going down the nuclear route?

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Be interested to know if anyone has tried anything else to protest? Not buying a ST is obviously potentially damaging to the club, so surely you would try other things before it came to that? Have you protested in any other way? Don't you think it's better to try other things before going down the nuclear route?

The problem with protests are whilst noticeable and vocal, they're easily ignored. Boycotting (or at least the threat off) forces action. If it forces an inaction, then the board need to be publicly called out as they're obviously not there for any greater good.

1 minute ago, Virtuoso said:

The problem with protests are whilst noticeable and vocal, they're easily ignored. Boycotting (or at least the threat off) forces action. If it forces an inaction, then the board need to be publicly called out as they're obviously not there for any greater good.

People should be trying it to see what happens before any boycott or refusing to renew. A major protest with the stated threat of a boycott behind it would be difficult to ignore. It'd also let you know how much support for change there is amongst the support. There are all sorts of protests that could be organised and repeated protests of varied kinds in the next few matches (and if necessary the start of next season) would be difficult to ignore. I mean, what real indication do the Board have that there is substantial unrest amongst the support to this point? Some shouts at the directors box so far. That's not enough before going to DEFCON 1.

I'm guessing none of the unhappy people will bother getting off their arses and protesting before going to more severe action. 

It should be tried before committing to something so damaging as a boycott.