Why are we still playing the Warburton Way?

Ryju84

We revert back to it because our entire squad is based on playing a single system. 

If pedro thought "ok they have better players, i'll sit deep, pack the midfield, usr a big target man to hold up play and counter them" how the fuck would he do it with the players we have?

"i'll go toe to toe and outmuscle them"...how? With jason fuckin holt and Hidingman? Fuck off.

Whether it was due to lack of investment, poor choice, bad management, whatever his reasons Mark Warburton has left a squad of tippy tappy possession obsessed players who when challenged are too easily bullied. Its been obvious since the middle of last season and the only way we have ANY chance of competing with the them is a total cleared out. 

To make the exact same mistakes tactically as we did last weekend today is incredibly worrying. 

I think the guys fucked now regardless. New managers often bring in a wave of optimism and lift the team up a gear. What chance has he got to lift the place in pre-season, or instil any optimism or belief in the players or support for next season after the way this one has ended, with just a two week turnover. He's a cheap, inexperienced option to get the board off the hook when we're still nowhere near them this time next year. A figure to throw under the bus. Foreigner, never understood the club, etc etc. Fucking marginally better than the Easdales.  

Just now, In walter we trust said:

Dodoo Miller and Waghorn right across the front with nothing in midfield ,Miller did drop back later but do we expect him to marshal a midfield ? 

Miller started in the middle with waghorn and Dodoo upfront. Then it was just waghorn. 

43 minutes ago, Hamie said:

I'd get rid of the manager now. 

He's shown nothing to suggest he's any good. 

no new manager that gets pumped off that lot at Ibrox is ever going to suddenly 'come good' 

Regardless of who's squad it is. If we get beat fair enough, but to show no fight or desire is simply appalling. 

Get rid now, save ourselves the heartache. 

He's got a three year deal

29 minutes ago, WWTC said:

We revert back to it because our entire squad is based on playing a single system. 

If pedro thought "ok they have better players, i'll sit deep, pack the midfield, usr a big target man to hold up play and counter them" how the fuck would he do it with the players we have?

"i'll go toe to toe and outmuscle them"...how? With jason fuckin holt and Hidingman? Fuck off.

Whether it was due to lack of investment, poor choice, bad management, whatever his reasons Mark Warburton has left a squad of tippy tappy possession obsessed players who when challenged are too easily bullied. Its been obvious since the middle of last season and the only way we have ANY chance of competing with the them is a total cleared out. 

Well said. The monumental stupidity in assembling a squad that leaves this (any) manager with such a chronic lack of physical alternatives is criminal.