Let's be honest here

.Williamson.

Everyone here said it when he was appointed, who is he? Why the fuck did we appoint him? The board must know what they're doing?

Every doubt we had has so far been proved correct. 

Why we gave a completely unknown guy with no experience of the SPL a 3/4 year contract is absolutely beyond me. It should have been to the end of the season and that was that. That's what we needed, a temporary manager who can steady the ship and then look at where we are in the summer. 

I've lost faith in every decision-maker at the club, I don't see our situation getting better anytime soon. I'm not just worried about the taigs doing trebles and 10 in a row, I'm more worried that we're never going to compete again under such deluded, headless guidance. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I'm just as sick and depressed as anybody but I'll reserve judgement on the manager until he gets his own squad in.

I agree to an extent mate

But based on the evidence so far, as in tactics and player selection, he's not got it.

Absolutely wrong manager.

Our board are trying to pick a fancy man with the "modern approach", we need a guy with the Walter Smith approach.

We don't have the money to go toe to toe with skill/ability. Build a team that's hard to beat and that can grind out wins, the rest will take care of itself from then.

It's never going to happen because it'd cost a bomb in compensation

But I'd get him to fuck and get McLeish in. 

McInnes won't come near us.

We need experience, someone who knows what it takes to win things at Rangers, who can get the fire in the belly of a group of players, the only realistic option right now is McLeish.

4 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

It's never going to happen because it'd cost a bomb in compensation

But I'd get him to fuck and get McLeish in. 

McInnes won't come near us.

We need experience, someone who knows what it takes to win things at Rangers, who can get the fire in the belly of a group of players, the only realistic option right now is McLeish.

McInnes would disown his children to manage us. 

58 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Pedro is quite clearly utter dog shite.

Im not up for debating this with anyone or hearing he needs time to get his own players in. He hasn't a fucking notion and he is dog shite.

Just had to post this before I go to the pub, so it doesn't seem like a drunken rant later on. 

Cheap option, pay shite and you get shite.

13 minutes ago, RDFM said:

McInnes would disown his children to manage us. 

He will be looking at it as career-suicide, he's doing a good job at Aberdeen and has built a strong squad over a few years.

Will he give that up to come here, have to basically start from scratch and build a new squad to win the league, with peanuts to spend? End up sacked and his reputation as a manager and with Rangers fans takes a huge dent? 

I know how big of a Rangers fan McInnes is, but he's a young manager who's flying high in his career just now, he's not going to sabotage that right now.

53 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

what would walter have done differently, in terms of personel, end of the day he can set them up all he likes but once 9 shitebags cross that white line he's relying on them

I don't think it's so much to do wth the personal, more what he would drum into them on the training ground on the tunnel, but like you said mate you can polish a shite

For I wont give this Manager a penny except his severance pay, clueless wtf is Ko and hit corner never worked once, Long ball, long throw ins, we are utter shite, no passion, and cant string passes together, look unfit, slow and it appears none of the players have bought into PC thinking because they dont know wtf hes thinking. 

I think it is too early to say whether or not he can bring about a vast improvement next season until after he has had a chance to get rid of players who are either unwilling or unable (or both) to respond to his way of coaching and managing.   The damage this season was done by Warburton and Weir with the ineffective players they brought in (Hyndman excepted) and with the shambolic way of playing that Warburton kept insisting on week after week.   Pedro was brought in early to give him time to assess the squad, decide who to keep and who to get rid of.  That is nearly done, as is the season.   Who he brings in is obviously important and we've yet to see that.

Whether he is good enough as a manager to produce a credible title-challenging side is not yet clear.   The same, imo, could be said for any of the candidates who were in the mix with Pedro for the job.   There was no Alex Ferguson to choose from. No Jose. No Allyerdyce, No Dyche, No Eddie Howe.   No-one of that sort of experience or stature.   And I don't count McLeish as being in that category.    For me, a fact of Rangers life at present is that the Club and Company simply could not afford to start handing out P45s like this.   The reputation is already damaged and made worse by the shambolic and still lingering issues around the Warburton resignation, or was he really dismissed.   Throwing yet more managers out at this point reduces the already small pool of worthwhile candidates who'd be prepared to take the risk of working as Rangers manager.   Besides which the Board does not have the money to start chopping and changing managers at this stage.    Seems to me that its what happens next in terms of players released and players brought in that matter along with how well the team starts next season and whether it can build and maintain a winning momentum.   It's where we are imo. 

42 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

He will be looking at it as career-suicide, he's doing a good job at Aberdeen and has built a strong squad over a few years.

Will he give that up to come here, have to basically start from scratch and build a new squad to win the league, with peanuts to spend? End up sacked and his reputation as a manager and with Rangers fans takes a huge dent? 

I know how big of a Rangers fan McInnes is, but he's a young manager who's flying high in his career just now, he's not going to sabotage that right now.

chance to win the league with us. It's a really dark day & pedro has looked clueless but this season ends soon and along with it the chance to change things. Murty got more from this squad because he only tweaked what the players did. Caixhina speaks a whole other literal and metaphorical language and these players can't respond or understand it.

The back 4 is the only players its obvious where they'r playing , apart from them no idea where anybody is meant to be playing , don't think the players know either , still no excuse for them having Hearts the size of ants 

On 29/04/2017 at 2:56 PM, therightway said:

Kenny Miller will be player/manager by about November 

I said that to my mate last night.  It's in the post . It won't be too far away and to be honest with you I don't want him as manager ... not right now but I recall saying on here that he will be at some point. But I fear that we are toxic right now and it.will either take massive wages and transfer budget to an English manager to sort us out (which ain't going to happen) or miller will be shoe horned into the job much quicker than he thought possible . 

Watch this space

I can't believe we have given him a 3 year contract. I thought the whole idea was to get a DOF in and then appoint a head coach. So that should the coach fail to work out he could be replaced without having to much impact on the team as a DOF would still be in place, 

Will this Board ever follow through with what they say,  What numb nut sanctioned a 3 year deal. 

Should have been a 12 month contract with 3 months notice.