Pedro, gambles, Robertson, tactics ..

K.A.I

3 hours ago, five stars said:

It's been a poor start from Pedro, and you have to wonder how qualified those who picked him are.

But we now need to ensure players which he brings in during the summer are sufficient quality that if we need to sack the manager next season, we're not left with alot of his deadwood signings, like we have been with Warburton.

considering none of them have been involved in appointing managers before they are not qualified at all. Even if Robertson had a hand in hie previous role it was Motherwell

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

im caught in two minds regarding the new boss, i think the OP is underestimating the idea of winning scottish football, a spine of a team, hard to beat and a winning mentality dont cut it, you actually need individual talent in players, or at least more talented than your nearest rivals have in the same position, lets face it the tarriers are all cunts, but they are better footballing cunts than we have, even walter knew the importance of both a winning mentality coupled with quality scattered across your team

as for pedro, i do feel sorry for him given today we put out a championship winning team apart from hill, these players are all resigned to losing, resigned to being punted, and want their season done, seemingly they also dont like his work methods and possibly what he is trying to change, normally this leads to a gaffer being sold however the gaffer didnt bring these guys in so in that case he needs time to change the players

HOWEVER

What i cannot understand, and therefore have my doubts, is that we continue with this fucking 433 nonsense, 433 attacking is all great when you are comfortably better than the opponents, not when you clearly arent, not one OF game this season has shown anything other than that we are miles behind, even the point at the piggery, had we went more than 1 down i have no doubt we would have capitulated like today, if we really and honestly only have players suited for the 433 then fucking bin it, bin them and try young boys in a different set up, try 3 at the back, basic 442, something, ANYTHING to give us the impression that he has some ideas of his own

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

im caught in two minds regarding the new boss, i think the OP is underestimating the idea of winning scottish football, a spine of a team, hard to beat and a winning mentality dont cut it, you actually need individual talent in players, or at least more talented than your nearest rivals have in the same position, lets face it the tarriers are all cunts, but they are better footballing cunts than we have, even walter knew the importance of both a winning mentality coupled with quality scattered across your team

as for pedro, i do feel sorry for him given today we put out a championship winning team apart from hill, these players are all resigned to losing, resigned to being punted, and want their season done, seemingly they also dont like his work methods and possibly what he is trying to change, normally this leads to a gaffer being sold however the gaffer didnt bring these guys in so in that case he needs time to change the players

HOWEVER

What i cannot understand, and therefore have my doubts, is that we continue with this fucking 433 nonsense, 433 attacking is all great when you are comfortably better than the opponents, not when you clearly arent, not one OF game this season has shown anything other than that we are miles behind, even the point at the piggery, had we went more than 1 down i have no doubt we would have capitulated like today, if we really and honestly only have players suited for the 433 then fucking bin it, bin them and try young boys in a different set up, try 3 at the back, basic 442, something, ANYTHING to give us the impression that he has some ideas of his own

How am I under estimating it? Talented players should go without saying but the important thing before getting to that stage is having organised, mentally tough players and a core/spine 

if it was just talented players only then guys like Emerson, Capucho, Boli etc would have been a success at us 

9 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

HOWEVER

You would hardly believe that was the same team of a couple of months ago when we played them. We looked defeated at 1-0; why Beerman made that challenge can only have been a case of the occasion getting to him; but we looked to have lost the match right there. I can't remember feeling this down after a defeat. We were powerless to do a thing today, and yet with those same players, even the same players who tried for the equaliser on Hogmanay, again a poor match; that makes me think the manager might not have it.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

How am I under estimating it? Talented players should go without saying but the important thing before getting to that stage is having organised, mentally tough players and a core/spine 

if it was just talented players only then guys like Emerson, Capucho, Boli etc would have been a success at us 

talented players needs a shape around them, while a strong shape team needs talent, both go hand in hand and thats why im saying that we just cant build a team of fit as fuck brick walls willing to clobber anycunt, because they eventually need to score goals and win games and thats where the talent comes in, for every player like weir you need a bougherra, for every player like davis you need an edu, for every jelavic you need a naismith

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

You would hardly believe that was the same team of a couple of months ago when we played them. We looked defeated at 1-0; why Beerman made that challenge can only have been a case of the occasion getting to him; but we looked to have lost the match right there. I can't remember feeling this down after a defeat. We were powerless to do a thing today, and yet with those same players, even the same players who tried for the equaliser on Hogmanay, again a poor match; that makes me think the manager might not have it.

different game, we made celtic look shaken and rattled at hogmany, at 2-0 they looked invincible and we were shellshocked, at hogmany when they took the lead it could have been 4 or 5 before miller missed his sitter, today they scored their chances instead of missing them like they did all season

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

talented players needs a shape around them, while a strong shape team needs talent, both go hand in hand and thats why im saying that we just cant build a team of fit as fuck brick walls willing to clobber anycunt, because they eventually need to score goals and win games and thats where the talent comes in, for every player like weir you need a bougherra, for every player like davis you need an edu, for every jelavic you need a naismith

Agreed but I didn't say we need a team full of brick walls but we need players who are both talented and have the right mentality too 

Just being one or the other doesn't cut it 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

different game, we made celtic look shaken and rattled at hogmany, at 2-0 they looked invincible and we were shellshocked, at hogmany when they took the lead it could have been 4 or 5 before miller missed his sitter, today they scored their chances instead of missing them like they did all season

There was no passion at all today- we were second to every ball, especially in midfield, and the team ethic was totally missing. This is by far the worst Ibrox performance I've ever seen. Maybe I'll say different in a few days time, but I cannot remember one.

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Agreed but I didn't say we need a team full of brick walls but we need players who are both talented and have the right mentality too 

Just being one or the other doesn't cut it 

thats where it becomes harder then mate, and thats where warburton and likely pedro will fail, we can spend less than a million (before addons) on cunts like garner, he has bags of passion and effort, but has the talent of a coma patient, and we can spend wages and fees on guys like windass etc, have the talent but barely produce it because they are shitebags

i honestly believe we need to spend 15mill on transfer fees alone, 6 players at over 2mill a piece to go with the likes of miller, hill, wallace and a couple others, pedro wont get that so he's already at a disadvantage

not having a dig here btw, just an observation, but walter spent 2mill on thonsom in his very first month as rangers boss the 2nd time, think of that, 2million quid on a player and yet here we are talking about pedro having 3mill to reinvent this whole squad, poor guy has been sent into war with a fucking water pistol