Next seasons budget 3million?

RFC55

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Apparently both 

I hope it's billshit

my opinion is based on rumours and I've made that clear.

I can't really afford ST but if they've made promises on fuck all then I may do.the same 

Can't accept that mate, sorry. 3 million isn't going to touch Aberdeen, never mind them. Surely they can see that.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

3 million is no where near enough. If they think it is they need to go. 

From what I have seen on social media Gilligan was giving out verbal to fans having a go at him and Murray at the end of the game. 

Yeah heard this as well.

Don't know about anyone else but i think we are at the stage where protests at the front doors at games are required? 

These so called Rangers men need to get the message pronto!

I'm not convinced by Caixinha but the main thing is what job has he been given to do? What concerns me is that we had a list of candidates, but what if others turned off their interest because they saw the budget they would be getting this summer and thought it inadequate?  It was a surprise appointment in that he doesn't really have the experience you would think necessary to turn things round at this club; and so far things have been very unconvincing. The start of next season is going to be crucial, especially for the manager.

17 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Whilst I agree 3 million isn't enough, did we honestly expect anybody to put up 10 million upfront in a club with a terrible merchandise deal?

King is a lying bastard but this all started long before King and I wouldn't expect anybody except a die hard Rangers fan to pay the money we need to get us the title next year.

Even the tarriers haven't blown that money over a season, they've built slowly and are now in a place where they can do what they want, spend however much they want each window.

It's going to be a long drawn out process, today confirmed how far we are behind.

king knew how bad the merchandise deal was when he spouted his 50mill,30mill,15mill,change off a tenner after buying fags nonsense

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Right rant time

Listen I love going to the games. @TheCutch will tell you I've missed some of the biggest games of the season at home.and away. I don't have my season ticket for every game but have it so I can go When I can. It also allows mates to use mine when I can't go.

If three million which is rumoured is what it is we will be spending then I don't know if I can justify the spend. I made 10 hone and 8 away. Back in the day I was 46 games a season cups Europe the lot. I've now got a family and if the board decide its a pittance they can spend then sadly I may only have a pittance to spend on the games I can afford.

we put our families out. I have to do overtime to make sure I can pay my season book. 

I struggle by. I don't earn a fortune and what I do earn goes to bills Rangers and a holiday along with Xmas for the family that's it. I don't have a great house. I live to what I can but I could live better without spending on home and away and Europe with Rangers.

If Dave King and Co thinks thats what needed then they can fuck off and let Rangers be run by someone who actually cares.

I was only hoping for double.that. if it's 3million then it's a long long time.

They've let us down big time. It's only rumours and may not be true but this cant be allowed.

I'd hope the support make the threats they did before.

I'm skinning myself to go. It's time the board done the same

Ftp

What struck me about your post is that you are having to make compromises to maintain a season ticket and follow Rangers. Many other supporters will be in the same position as you. 

I don't have a family, etc so watching Rangers and going to the rugby are two things I enjoy and the financial cost isn't too bad (emotional cost of watching Rangers another thing entirely) if however I was in your position I too would be wondering if it's really worth it.

You're willing to make a few sacrifices here and there but how may people who've put a blazer on and sat in that boardroom (for the last 10 not even just 5 years) have really made financial sacrifices?

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

king knew how bad the merchandise deal was when he spouted his 50mill,30mill,15mill,change off a tenner after buying fags nonsense

Would need to get the exact quotes but sure he said he'd provide 30 million

Papers printed it like he said we'd have 30 million to blow on players, board never correct anybody thinking that, including the fans. Not 30 million over the course of a good few seasons.

I'm not defending this board in any way but the amount of money we've spunked on wages alone this season to finish 30+ points behind them must be eye watering 

As I said, unless it's a die hard bear with the money on the board, I wouldn't blame any of the current board if they don't stump up the cash given the state of that team and the general state of the club at the moment

It's not a good business decision and that's what these guys are at the end of the day

2 minutes ago, jim beam said:

What do you think the budget will be? I in all honesty wouldn't be surprised if the budget was around that mark.

In a perfect world - £12m

Minimum expected at least -  £7m

The castlemilk billionaires view - £2m inc signing on fees and wages  :(

Just now, jim beam said:

What do you think the budget will be? I in all honesty wouldn't be surprised if the budget was around that mark.

I don't know what it will be bud. Honestly not a clue. I would like the transfer budget to be around 7 million. I would be surprised if it was 3 million for wages and transfers because of what we have witnessed. The board need to pull their finger out their arse or season tickets will not be sold. How can you sell something after just receiving our worst result against them at Ibrox in over 110 years. Not many will be rushing to renew after that, will they?

Even celtic, after the season they are having, announced the ticket price increase with their managers contract extension. Our board need to do something, and very fucking quickly.

4 minutes ago, gsa said:

What struck me about your post is that you are having to make compromises to maintain a season ticket and follow Rangers. Many other supporters will be in the same position as you. 

I don't have a family, etc so watching Rangers and going to the rugby are two things I enjoy and the financial cost isn't too bad (emotional cost of watching Rangers another thing entirely) if however I was in your position I too would be wondering if it's really worth it.

You're willing to make a few sacrifices here and there but how may people who've put a blazer on and sat in that boardroom (for the last 10 not even just 5 years) have really made financial sacrifices?

That's it mate.

I'm not wanting any praises. Many on here know.me. at half way through sd2 I lost my last job. I had to give up.

Now I have it but it's a struggle. But many on here will be in my position.

I'm no better or worse than anyone else. There will be loads who can relate to.this.

Kingco IF true have let us down 

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Would need to get the exact quests but sure he said he'd provide 30 million

Papers printed it like he said we'd have 30 million to blow on players, board never correct anybody thinking that, including the fans. Not 30 million over the course of a good few seasons.

I'm not defending this board in any way but the amount of money we've spunked on wages alone this season to finish 30+ points behind them must be eye watering 

As I said, unless it's a die hard bear with the money on the board, I wouldn't blame any of the current board if they don't stump up the cash given the state of that team and the general state of the club at the moment

It's not a good business decision and that's what these guys are at the end of the day

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2588429/Dave-King-commit-30m-ensure-Rangers-return-Scottish-Premiership.html

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/ill-invest-more-20million-rangers-5735612

take your pick, and if last summers figures are to go by the tarriers spend more than double what we do on wages, that tells its own story

23 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's just as bad - we need 15 million in transfer cash laid out proper 

When the thread came up a few weeks ago with predictions for next season budget I predicted we'd be given 5-10 million (pish, but I thought realistic). If it's 3 mill + 1 or 2 mill player sales + season ticket money, we will probably scrape the 5-7 million mark.

Not happy with that, but at least  it's some new blood while we wait for these duds contracts to expire. You're totally right, we need MINIMUM 15 million but we all know that's a fairy tale.

But if they're saying it's 3mill TOP END.... get ready for another fight for a Europa League spot next season :megaanguish:

1 hour ago, Skyson1872 said:

I don't think Pedro would have came if he wasn't getting a decent budget. There is wanting a challenge and then there is just stupid, he will get a fair budget of roughly £6m I'm hoping.

I think Pedro has been promised the same as Warburton was promised and King pulled  the carpet because he is a fucking shameless liar. I said before that it needs to be at least 1 million per player on a transfer fee if we are to compete. The board have been hoping the Europe run will fill what they really need to put in but the can fucking sing for it if they really think we will get far with this squad at the end of June

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

30 million over 4 years says the first article? 

I'd wager a guess that he's spent that or close to it, the wages these clowns are on the now and the clowns we've had through the divisions will have cost us a pretty penny

I agree with all the posts saying we realistically need 10-15 million to compete next season...but it's simply not coming, if we get closer next season and build a decent base to go forward then think thats the best we can hope for 

That's not going to sell season tickets but it's where we are at the moment