How to get shot of the deadwood

NeoGeo7

With a team so full of duds we have to get rid of players before the manager can bring in his own.

Here's the squad and their contract expiry:

Foderingham      2019
Alnwick               2020
Kelly                    2018
McCrorie             2019

Tavernier             2019
Hill                       2017
Kiernan                2018
Wilson                 2018
Wallace               2019
Hodson               2019
Senderos            2017
Bates                  2018
Beerman             2018

Windass              2020
Forrester             2019
Halliday               2020
Rossiter              2020
Kranjcar              2018
Crooks                2020
Holt                     2020
Burt                     2018
McKay                2018
Thompson          2018

Garner                2019
Miller                  2018
Dodoo                2020
O'Halloran          2020
Waghorn            2018
Hardie                2018

i think what's most worrying for me is that unlike the summer of 2015 we have 2 players out of contract meaning we either need to find buyers (or teams that will loan and pay 100% of wages for the season) or we mutually terminate deals.

12 players with contracts expiring the following summer however so a better chance of a cheaper clear out.

just can't see where we are going to make any decent money from selling the players that aren't up to the task here.

Massive job for the manager.

EDIT - there's deadwood in the boardroom too but that's much harder to shift.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

With a team so full of duds we have to get rid of players before the manager can bring in his own.

Foderingham      2019

Senderos            2017
Beerman             2018

Thompson          2018

O'Halloran          2020
Waghorn            2018

i think what's most worrying for me is that unlike the summer of 2015 we have 2 players out of contract meaning we either need to find buyers (or teams that will loan and pay 100% of wages for the season) or we mutually terminate deals.

12 players with contracts expiring the following summer however so a better chance of a cheaper clear out.

just can't see where we are going to make any decent money from selling the players that aren't up to the task here.

Been saying for ages on here , any new manager is absolutely fucked and doesn't stand a chance. No player should have been given any more than a two year contract , its a disgrace these donkeys could and probably will sit back and take the cash and contribute fuck all. The club is still being run by fools who couldn't put a market stall in profit.

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Senderos            2017

O'Halloran          2020
Waghorn            2018

I'd punt those above even if small fees, obviously over two windows to prevent too much destabilisation but there needs to be a strategy to offload these players many of whom are high earners for little return 

6 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Foderingham      2019

Senderos            2017
Beerman             2018

Thompson          2018

O'Halloran          2020
Waghorn            2018

EDIT - there's deadwood in the boardroom too but that's much harder to shift.

Can't read that without cringing absolute pile of dogshit ? I Dont want to watch them next season never mind till 2020.

Im away to get pished.

I would get the 1st team together and all the under 20s. 

I would tell the 1st team, as of now you are on notice, anything less than 100% in training and on the pitch and you will be dropped for your opposite number in the under 20s.

You then say if anyone does not want to be here you have our permission to find a new club, we will listen to all reasonable offers. 

After today's display we will have to pay teams money to sign them. It's the same old story. We need to rebuild an entire team and it will cost us millions to get rid of the dross never mind sign new players.

3 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Binning the deadwood won't be difficult.

Tell their agents that they're surplus to requirements and they'll immediately see the percentage of a signing-on fee elsewhere, so they'll start whoring their client here, there and everywhere.

Might whore them all over the country but would we get our 500k back for MOH? We'd be lucky to get £500

I said it earlier the best way out for us is just to take what we can get for them. Let's say 10 leave, we need to be getting 100k, 150k, 300k, 400k kind of fees for them. If we did that with 10 of them that might get us 2-3 million. Plus an extra 2-3 million from the board and we pray to god it gets reinvested well. 

Id seriously try and punt McKay, Garner and Waghorn.

See if MW wants Kiernan since he was always playing him no matter what. Hyndmans been useless as has Toral so good to see they are going. Looks like Hill and Senderos will be away, sad to see Hill go because I'd think he would be a decent back up if needed.

Holt, Halliday and Windass also need to go, as does Wallace, Tavernier, Fod, Bates and Beerman. 

5 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Id seriously try and punt McKay, Garner and Waghorn.

See if MW wants Kiernan since he was always playing him no matter what. Hyndmans been useless as has Toral so good to see they are going. Looks like Hill and Senderos will be away, sad to see Hill go because I'd think he would be a decent back up if needed.

Holt, Halliday and Windass also need to go, as does Wallace, Tavernier, Fod, Bates and Beerman. 

I'd seriously try as well but I would also expect to get seriously laughed at unfortunately

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

Been saying for ages on here , any new manager is absolutely fucked and doesn't stand a chance. No player should have been given any more than a two year contract , its a disgrace these donkeys could and probably will sit back and take the cash and contribute fuck all. The club is still being run by fools who couldn't put a market stall in profit.

That well said, however they were smart enough to put a stranglehold on our club with loans and me being the cynical bastard, it wasn't by coincidence either. They knew exactly what they were doing and it wasn't all about being the good guys in keeping the lights on, that was the illusion they sold and we bought it.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Even he aint that fucking daft. We're not even a blip on his radar. He's moved and we are left stuck in a pile of shit neck high.

In the case we're in bother. These players found their level at the Scottish championship but they'll no doubt be on lucrative contracts and happy enough to just take a wage for the remaining time. We really are in one of the worst circumstances I've seen.

Take the 3 million and spend a chunk of it just releasing the worst offenders. Easy. 

That leaves us with little to replace them with but get the begging bowl out for loans and maybe pick up some good Bosmans