How to get shot of the deadwood

NeoGeo7

1 hour ago, rangersmad86 said:

I said it earlier the best way out for us is just to take what we can get for them. Let's say 10 leave, we need to be getting 100k, 150k, 300k, 400k kind of fees for them. If we did that with 10 of them that might get us 2-3 million. Plus an extra 2-3 million from the board and we pray to god it gets reinvested well. 

you also have to factor in their salaries, if no other team matches what they are earning at Rangers they will refuse to leave.  Warburton has screwed us big time.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some of these players would do well in the lower levels of England.   I think their ability to play for a club the size of ours is the issue. 

We won't get baxk what we paid but hopefully they pay up their salary. 

11 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

you also have to factor in their salaries, if no other team matches what they are earning at Rangers they will refuse to leave.  Warburton has screwed us big time.

True mate, I don't confess to know the figures, you might be able to tell me but I wouldn't imagine we are paying wages much more than that of a league 1 English club though. I would imagine players like Kiernan, Windass, Holt, Halliday etc (I could go on all night!) aren't earning much more than 5/6/7k a week. Those wages are ten a penny in league one. 

2 minutes ago, rangersmad86 said:

True mate, I don't confess to know the figures, you might be able to tell me but I wouldn't imagine we are paying wages much more than that of a league 1 English club though. I would imagine players like Kiernan, Windass, Holt, Halliday etc (I could go on all night!) aren't earning much more than 5/6/7k a week. Those wages are ten a penny in league one. 

No idea of the numbers either but knowing MW and our current board we will have players who are over-paid

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

Since it's listed on the first page it's not too hard to check :p:

Trying to find a dodgy stream for the boxing from Wembley so didn't check.:duh:

Still deserves being given a second mention though.

1 hour ago, rangersmad86 said:

I said it earlier the best way out for us is just to take what we can get for them. Let's say 10 leave, we need to be getting 100k, 150k, 300k, 400k kind of fees for them. If we did that with 10 of them that might get us 2-3 million. Plus an extra 2-3 million from the board and we pray to god it gets reinvested well. 

Wake up FFS, no cunt is giving us fees for they imposters.

Would happily see the back of Senderos, Kiernan, Hodson, Halliday, Holt, Windass, Crooks, Forrester, Garner, Waghorn and O'Halloran. 

I'd keep Wes because as much as he's bang average, a goalkeeper is the least of our worries. 

Tavernier too, as much he gets stick, is easily one of our best players. 

I'd be looking at bringing in Jack and McLean from Aberdeen. Go all out for Dorrans. Root out a couple of non-nonsense CB's. Stick an offer in for Walker of Hearts. Another new winger and striker. Fuck, at this stage I'd even offer Lafferty a contract. That's honestly how desperate matters are. 

1 minute ago, Juniorsparkie said:

You can't unfortunately.

That's my fear.

I think it's cut your losses time and get as many out the door on free transfers but to replace them we need free transfers or investment. Free transfers quality is completely hit or miss.

2 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Might whore them all over the country but would we get our 500k back for MOH? We'd be lucky to get £500

Absolutely not, but we won't expect to. The sad reality is that the summer's downsizing exercise will not be profitable. We'll often have to cut our losses.

24 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Would happily see the back of Senderos, Kiernan, Hodson, Halliday, Holt, Windass, Crooks, Forrester, Garner, Waghorn and O'Halloran. 

I'd keep Wes because as much as he's bang average, a goalkeeper is the least of our worries. 

Tavernier too, as much he gets stick, is easily one of our best players. 

I'd be looking at bringing in Jack and McLean from Aberdeen. Go all out for Dorrans. Root out a couple of non-nonsense CB's. Stick an offer in for Walker of Hearts. Another new winger and striker. Fuck, at this stage I'd even offer Lafferty a contract. That's honestly how desperate matters are. 

In terms of freebies I'd look at Jack - Sheep, Patterson - Hertz, Meekings and Tansey (even if just for the dangerous long range efforts) - ICT.

Gone are the days of wanting technical players, I think we need grafters and dependable players.

In England Ryan Bennett at Norwich (CB), Andrew Surman at Bournemouth (CM), Dominic Solanke at Chelsea (SC), 

55 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

That's my fear.

I think it's cut your losses time and get as many out the door on free transfers but to replace them we need free transfers or investment. Free transfers quality is completely hit or miss.

At least in scenario there's a danger of a hit compared to what we have!

At some point in time - soon - the Manager will presumably make it very clear to those who he does not think can do the right sort of job with the right sort of attitude next season that their prospects of playing many games is extremely low.  They can draw their own conclusions from there and if they wish to proceed in the game of football they might wisely choose to submit transfer requests which could be immediately granted and the players put on the market.  Here's hoping.

Although a complete clearout would probably be welcomed after today's game, realistically it's not going to happen from a financial standpoint.  Almost as important as the new players he brings in is the players the manager thinks can tide him over over the next couple of seasons while he hopefully transforms the team.  It is hard to see any of our present players having a long term future at the club though.

1 hour ago, NeoGeo7 said:

That's my fear.

Then it's a vicious circle spunking money to get rid of deadwood to bring in some other untried, up and coming / maybe improve / or worst of all, pishier than what we've already got players.

The whole premise was this fuckin knobend McParland to find players who will bring "quality & value" to us.

What we've ended up with this no marks who are inconsistent at best.