Car crash season from start to finish, has there been worse?

JWAC

11 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

14/15 was worse than this for me. Knocked out the Scottish Cup by Raith Rovers, blowing a two goal lead in the Ramsdens cup to Alloa, the Hibs game under McDowell, only managing to finish third in the Championship and getting horsed by Motherwell in the playoff.

How short some people's memory is. But bottom line is,  we have had some shitty years recently.  Thank goodness we have a solid hard core that want to support the club.

1 minute ago, Swagger said:

only plus is it can't get much worse 

I don't know. Celtic will strengthen next season where as we will be in need of a whole new squad. Next season may be even worse than this one.

19 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

14/15 was worse than this for me. Knocked out the Scottish Cup by Raith Rovers, blowing a two goal lead in the Ramsdens cup to Alloa, the Hibs game under McDowell, only managing to finish third in the Championship and getting horsed by Motherwell in the playoff.

The 14/15 season was pretty bad to be fair. Just wish, like then half of our squad were allowed to walk. 

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Actually that has so much similarities to this season. We start with a manager most fans would get behind but with the doubts getting louder and louder with each shitty performance, then a stand in coach that looked like he didn't want to be there or should have even been asked. Followed then to confirm 3rd with a new manager who still carries the legacy of that of the first managers squad. :pipe:

My whole being is hurting after such a pitiful performance that I can't even offer up any light to such a dark day :anger:

It's been the Worse premier league season in my lifetime absolutely no doubt...off the park and on the park we have been a shambles.I love my club and always will but this year I have lost all confidence in our board and in our playing squad. We need major changes in the summer ??.

57 minutes ago, jamess said:

Anglo Scottish cup defeat to Chester fucking field.

To be fair it was only 3-0, but we did  manage a credible 1-1 at Ibrox in the first leg with 11.000 eskimo's present, yes it has been worse but that was a dull one today.

8 minutes ago, pcbear said:

To be fair it was only 3-0, but we did  manage a credible 1-1 at Ibrox in the first leg with 11.000 eskimo's present, yes it has been worse but that was a dull one today.

Yes we have been bad before,  but it is the gap that is the worry.  Season ticket holders drifting away will just widen the gap. Not time to complain about rich folk not investing enough,  but time for us all to make sure we put our hand in our pocket and renew or buy an extra seat.  The underlying mentality of some that they will stay away until someone else invests for success gets on my tits. 

1 hour ago, NeoGeo7 said:

It's been hard to watch but without the bad times there can be no good times.

Its a massive summer and I just hope Pedro has some damn good contacts on the continent to bring in players that will do a job and have real resale value.

He needs a decent budget, so he and we are onto plums.

1 hour ago, jamess said:

Get a grip.  To many fans have had it too good in the last few decades and haven't gone through long periods of lean years. Man up and be a supporter.

36 minutes ago, jamess said:

How short some people's memory is. But bottom line is,  we have had some shitty years recently.  Thank goodness we have a solid hard core that want to support the club.

4 minutes ago, jamess said:

Yes we have been bad before,  but it is the gap that is the worry.  Season ticket holders drifting away will just widen the gap. Not time to complain about rich folk not investing enough,  but time for us all to make sure we put our hand in our pocket and renew or buy an extra seat.  The underlying mentality of some that they will stay away until someone else invests for success gets on my tits. 

Why are you going a bit mental? I didn't say I'd stay away or we hadn't had worse periods before. I asked what older bears remembered as being worse

5 minutes ago, jamess said:

This club is no longer ours, that is well clear. We are no longer of common decency, integrity, morality, of upstanding values and principles. We are more toxic than nuclear waste with these cunts in charge. You may well be willing to take it up the erse again by a convicted con man, many are not and that robbing cunt will not be getting my hard earned to squander and and again peddle the myth that he's invested. My ring piece is large enough and I do not intend in letting it get any bigger at the hand of that criminal bastard.

3 minutes ago, jim white's a bear said:

Why are you going a bit mental? I didn't say I'd stay away or we hadn't had worse periods before. I asked what older bears remembered as being worse

Nah,  not gone mental,  I'm sufficiently oiled so the pain has been dulled a bit - not directing anything at you,  just against the general tone of all the threads tonight

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

This club is no longer ours, that is well clear. We are no longer of common decency, integrity, morality, of upstanding values and principles. We are more toxic than nuclear waste with these cunts in charge. You may well be willing to take it up the erse again by a convicted con man, many are not and that robbing cunt will not be getting my hard earned to squander and and again peddle the myth that he's invested. My ring piece is large enough and I do not intend in letting it get any bigger at the hand of that criminal bastard.

So are you advocating starving the club of money, or not turning up?

2 hours ago, jim white's a bear said:

We still had a few decent players then, I was too young then mate but did the support speak/worry as much about directors and how the club was being run and money etc?

There were demonstrations and a lot of critiscism of the owners at the time, inside and outside the park, as the team stuttered and attendances crumbled, but then cellic struggled too as Dundee United and Aberdeen ousted the Old Firm for 3 or 4 seasons. The crtiscism of the owners really divided the fans at that time, as it really wasn't the traditional Rangers way for fans to protest outside the park. But there also seemed some hope if we could get rid of Greig. Money wasn't a huge problem, just Greig's management. We were interested in Jim McLean and Alex Ferguson who had already achieved great results in Europe, and we kinda of knew we'd get one of them. Was abig surprise when they turned us down, but then we got Jock Wallace back for a while, still unsuccessful  then Souness arrived and normal winning service resumed. 

13 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You are a fucking number one bellend , you do spout some pish 

15 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Good now fuck off 

Seems crazy to say it because we won the ECWC in that period but the early 70s weren't a great time for Rangers.  That lot were winning most things, even a relative force in Europe, and Hibs were overtaking us for second place.  And of course we had the disaster right in the middle of it which puts everything else in perspective.

Notwithstanding the above, we had some good, even great, players in our team at that time.  Our present team would not be in the same league.  Given that, it's hard to think of a more disappointing season football-wise than the present one.