Pedro, is he the man to stop the rot ?

Bad Robot

Pedro, is he the man to stop the rot ?  

358 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro, is he the man to stop the rot ?

• He needs more time with his own signings
    • I've seen enough to know he hasn't got it
    • I'm unsure but leading towards we keep him
    • I'm unsure but leaning towards we get rid of him

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rickshaw77 said:

- Garner is a horrific footballer with not one bit of skill.

- Dodoo got his chance yesterday and got punted at half time. 

- Miller was dropped a bit deeper cause we were getting murdered in midfield.

Dropping the one man we had with a proven record of scoring against them into midfield makes him a good manager?

FFS

The players we're stuck with are fucking brutal.

I'd love to give him a chance with his own players, but I just can't imagine our board will give him anywhere near enough money. So no doubt, we'll more than likely be stuck with half or more of what we have, in which case he's fucked.

With his own players of decent quality, who are actually willing to do the job they're paid for and not just lazily jog about pitches, throwing their arms and huffing and puffing like the cunts they are, who knows...

33 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I thought the whole point of bringing him in during the season was to assess the squad and start afresh next one ? That still stands for me . 

It was but I think most were expecting a but more knowledge of the game from him then we've witnessed over the last 7 days 

Cunt is a fucking nude book IMO. glaringly apparent he is way out his depth and has blagged this job with pish talk.

Impossible to get shot of him..... Long deal with backroom staff so we are stuck with this  fucking diddy ride for the foreseeable

Many a massive club has drifted into utter obscurity over the years. Its happening to us right now and we have an obscure manager leading us into the fucking abyss 

Its a shambles. 

2 hours ago, Rickshaw77 said:

- Garner is a horrific footballer with not one bit of skill.

- Dodoo got his chance yesterday and got punted at half time. 

- Miller was dropped a bit deeper cause we were getting murdered in midfield.

I know what you're saying but Miller is 37 years old. It's madness to put him in such a demanding position. He is a natural striker and that's where he should be played. Garner can at least get balls in the air but IMO Waghorn offers nothing.

9 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

It was but I think most were expecting a but more knowledge of the game from him then we've witnessed over the last 7 days 

If I'm honest I thought we would have seen something more by now and certainly a better reaction from the players . I guess I'm just hoping that behind the scenes he's already putting plans together to get the kind of player that will fit with his style of play . 

Wishful thinking ? Maybe . 

Broadly speaking there's three aspects to being a manager -

1.  Player acquisition

2.  Man management

3.  Formations and tactics

Very few managers are really good at all three (Ferguson for instance).  Advocaat was good at 1 and 3 but not 2, McLeish at 2 and 3 but not 1.  Smith very good at 1 and 2 but not always as good at 3.

So let's look at Pedro - what can we judge so far?

1.  Nothing to see here...

2.  Could anyone get more from this group?  Not sure but individual performances haven't improved.

3.  There are some positives, despite the last 7 days.  We have looked more organised at the back, corners don't look like the opposition might as well have been given a penalty.  He is prepared to make changes at half time if things aren't working.  I don't think he has got the tactics right at all in the two Old Firm games but I don't think it has been all downside.

In short - it is too early to judge him

19 minutes ago, KWBear said:

Cunt is a fucking nude book IMO. glaringly apparent he is way out his depth and has blagged this job with pish talk.

Impossible to get shot of him..... Long deal with backroom staff so we are stuck with this  fucking diddy ride for the foreseeable

Many a massive club has drifted into utter obscurity over the years. Its happening to us right now and we have an obscure manager leading us into the fucking abyss 

Its a shambles. 

I genuinely think he's blagged his way into the job by waffling the sort of crap he does in press conferences and the interview panel (headed up by Robertson whos previous experience of running a club amounted to running fucking Morherwell who themselves have appointed a few diddies over the years) have bought it hook, line and sinker.

I want Caixinha to do well because he comes across as a decent guy (and if he does I'll be the first to admit I was wrong) but IMO he's way out of his depth here and it's been obvious that the job was too big for him from the moment he was linked with it.

18 minutes ago, MikeBlue said:

Broadly speaking there's three aspects to being a manager -

1.  Player acquisition

2.  Man management

3.  Formations and tactics

Very few managers are really good at all three (Ferguson for instance).  Advocaat was good at 1 and 3 but not 2, McLeish at 2 and 3 but not 1.  Smith very good at 1 and 2 but not always as good at 3.

So let's look at Pedro - what can we judge so far?

1.  Nothing to see here...

2.  Could anyone get more from this group?  Not sure but individual performances haven't improved.

3.  There are some positives, despite the last 7 days.  We have looked more organised at the back, corners don't look like the opposition might as well have been given a penalty.  He is prepared to make changes at half time if things aren't working.  I don't think he has got the tactics right at all in the two Old Firm games but I don't think it has been all downside.

In short - it is too early to judge him

Ferguson was never great at all 3. He left much of the tactical stuff to his number two.

21 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

If we get someone else in we're looking at our 6th in 3 seasons. Doesn't send a good message to any potential candidates when we can't even give them more than a few months to prove themselves. 

We're not in a good position 

28 minutes ago, gmcf said:

If I'm honest I thought we would have seen something more by now and certainly a better reaction from the players . I guess I'm just hoping that behind the scenes he's already putting plans together to get the kind of player that will fit with his style of play . 

Wishful thinking ? Maybe . 

Warburton mark 2 maybe 

tough question after being pumped by that mob, knee-jerk reaction would be to punt him, we look clueless, the only result we've had so far that's fitting is the Sheep one and even then if we're being honest we mugged them that day, we got lucky the ball broke to the only player in the team we can rely on to turn up for bignoccassions, and when Kenny scored we finished them off on the Counter, if the sheepshaggers got the first goal that day we'd have been done for.

I understand the aegument that he needs time to bring his own players and implement his own ideas and such but I'm 34, I've been going to the football for about 28 years, I've got a fair idea about the game and don't need to wait until Captain Obvious tells me what I already know, players maybe shite but tactics are brutal, the set up is brutal and his pre and post game analysis is brutal, thats all on him, he's been here 7 weeks, he should be getting his ideas across by now.

No chance. 

I actually feel sorry for him as it's apparent he's going to be another fall guy for the board 

the same way a director of football will be.

i don't think Pedros a good manager but I don't think he can help it - he means well but the board are going to say this time next season "it was a forward approach we invested in" bla bla bla 

3 hours ago, Skyson1872 said:

:lol::lol: you moan at his team selection and say toral should have played at left back hahahahahhahahahaha

Hodson was injured but that doesn't matter either of course.

i know Waghorns shite, so has McKay been recently, would have been moaned at for picking either one of them.

The young boy was out his depth at Hampden, we all saw that after 15 mins and was booked early on.  Any manager worth their salt would have subbed the boy a half Time incase he got sent off, then throws him in 6 days later and you all wonder why we threw the game away in the first few minutes? Any number of players could have played left back,  traviner with Halliday or holt at right back would have been a better option.

As I said any manager worth their salt would have acted differently as they are professionals and any number of players should be able to do a shift out of position when called upon. 

As for Waggy and McKay? Never been a lover of either , but McKay has been the one who has gladly  proved me wrong a lot more than Waggy, in fact only once and that was at Celtic park 1-1 game I said just maybe he has got what it takes, but after yesterday? I would have gladly turned up with a coach after the game and took everyone of them away from Ibrox and the team we all love for good.

Things are bad and will ge worse before they get better but how many more seasons do we have to endure the same shite from board after board? 

our current level of performances are simply not acceptable. However I think he needs time and his own players, but he should be assured that if we suffer another battering like yesterday that he'll be out of a job. Having 5 goals scored against us at home is simply not acceptable.

Did anyone else read Steven Pressleys comments on pedros tactics against them? Went through the system and how it could and should have worked but unfortunately the personnel we have just can't deliver it (i.e. full backs who can defend and midfielders who are disciplined enough to hold a formation)

Was a much more interesting read than all the cunts who say he got his tactics wrong just because we got beaten without actually looking at how it was set up

6 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

Did anyone else read Steven Pressleys comments on pedros tactics against them? Went through the system and how it could and should have worked but unfortunately the personnel we have just can't deliver it (i.e. full backs who can defend and midfielders who are disciplined enough to hold a formation)

Was a much more interesting read than all the cunts who say he got his tactics wrong just because we got beaten without actually looking at how it was set up

Where was that? Sounds interesting.

13 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

Didn't pay attention to one word Presley said as it was making excuses for Pedro - Pedro said himself yesterday he got it wrong no-one else