Sulley Muntari

3 hours ago, tannerall said:

Lot's of folk missing the point it took a lot more balls for Muntari to make the huge personal and moral decision to walk off that park with no apparent support. rather than stay on. 

A brave gesture, and I hope he gets all the praise he deserves for setting that precedent. 

Exactly. His booking was because, upon protesting to the referee, he was told that the ref hadn't heard anything and would consult his assistants. Muntari didn't accept that, and I don't blame him - it was blatant, and there's no way that the ref didn't hear the abuse and couldn't have called for an announcement to be made over the tannoy. 

10 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

Exactly. His booking was because, upon protesting to the referee, he was told that the ref hadn't heard anything and would consult his assistants. Muntari didn't accept that, and I don't blame him - it was blatant, and there's no way that the ref didn't hear the abuse and couldn't have called for an announcement to be made over the tannoy. 

Referees taking moral and safety issues in to their own hands again just like the minutes silence rejected by the ref at the old firm. 

These decisions should be taken by authorised professionals like the police or safety advisors, or properly trained people rather than football representatives and associations who have got too far above themselves in deciding football is not accountable to the proper authorities. even in cases of bad behaviour and pre-meditated injury on the park. Brown's elbow on Kenny Miller on Sunday was quite simply a pre-meditated assault , yet because it's on a football park no action will be taken. Quite a few FAs need to be taken to task for this imo.

39 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Referees taking moral and safety issues in to their own hands again just like the minutes silence rejected by the ref at the old firm. 

These decisions should be taken by authorised professionals like the police or safety advisors, or properly trained people rather than football representatives and associations who have got too far above themselves in deciding football is not accountable to the proper authorities. even in cases of bad behaviour and pre-meditated injury on the park. Brown's elbow on Kenny Miller on Sunday was quite simply a pre-meditated assault , yet because it's on a football park no action will be taken. Quite a few FAs need to be taken to task for this imo.

In general I agree that it's ridiculous what some players get away with. Roy Keane openly admitted to trying to intentionally seriously injure opponents - he should have prosecuted upon being daft enough to admit that. But with Brown? It's who he plays for that saves him. If Miller had been the one elbowing Celtic players in two Old Firm games, they'd have charged him. 

Duncan Ferguson was right about the double standard. 

11 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I think racially abusing someone is a little more than calling them names. 

Theres a video on twitter. You can clearly hear the monkey sounds from a number of supporters and, alarmingly, eye witness accounts suggest a number of kids participating. 

I've never got the monkey thing. Why do white people think that a black person is like a monkey? I don't get it, but I also thought that Freddie Mercury was white, a well tanned white man like.?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39786264 

Fucking ludicrous. Was shown a 2nd yellow for walking off the pitch. 

The Serie A disciplinary committee agreed their actions were "deplorable" but said its guidelines meant it could not impose sanctions as only "approximately 10" supporters were involved - fewer than 1% of the Cagliari supporters in the ground,

Not sure how they worked out only 10 supporters were involved. Sounded like a hell of a lot more tbh. 

21 hours ago, psb07158 said:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39786264 

Fucking ludicrous. Was shown a 2nd yellow for walking off the pitch. 

Not sure how they worked out only 10 supporters were involved. Sounded like a hell of a lot more tbh. 

Also I mean, why the fuck is the percentage relevant?

Ridiculous he's to serve a ban for being raciallly abused. 

I don't think the ref should be forced to abandon the game if he wants it to continue but he shouldn't be forced to stay there and take it, either.

and he certainly shouldn't be banned for it.

I don't know if a ref would get into trouble for doing it, but if they have used their 3-subs (or even if they haven't) let him be subbed and not count it against the total number of subs allowed.

I know that's still pretty shit and makes it seem like I'm dismissive of it, I'm not. I feel for black players in these countries that constantly get it. 

I don't know the solution. I don't think a club and their good fans should be punished for some morons - if that was the case we'd have been deducted points at the weekend.