The leak strikes again

K.A.I

These are managers with a record though, who have earned a reputation- Man City fans seem prepared to give Guardiola more time; and there is a rumour that Moyes will have the chance with Sunderland next season.  Both have records to make that possible; they have earned that.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

McKay improved under him; Foderingham is a far better keeper than he was when he first arrived; and Kenny became a better player then he was in our first Championship season. You even admit you do not know anything about the manager, or what he has got, but yet you seem to have a fair idea about what is going on with the squad?your petulant child argument is irrational when it comes to these players, I don't even understand the relation it has to the situation of our club. You admit he should spend time with those have a remote chance of improving; who has improved in his time here?

Halliday!

Both mentioned are dross. Fod has more faults than the California fault line ffs and McKay, whilst he has some ability, doesn't know whether to be a footballer or a net ball player that is still to grow a spine. There is not one player in that squad that would even get a seat on the scum bench. We have watched these players for two seasons now, so what is not to know? They are dross.

Kenny is better because of himself and no other cunt and is leaps and bounds above any of his recent managers in his knowledge of how to play the game and motivate. It's a team game. A collective. Yes each is treated at a personal level as an individual, but they will stand or fall as a team.

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

These are managers with a record though, who have earned a reputation- Man City fans seem prepared to give Guardiola more time; and there is a rumour that Moyes will have the chance with Sunderland next season.  Both have records to make that possible; they have earned that.

Well it blows your theory well out of the water does it not?!

10 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

McKay improved under him; Foderingham is a far better keeper than he was when he first arrived; and Kenny became a better player then he was in our first Championship season. You even admit you do not know anything about the manager, or what he has got, but yet you seem to have a fair idea about what is going on with the squad?your petulant child argument is irrational when it comes to these players, I don't even understand the relation it has to the situation of our club. You admit he should spend time with those have a remote chance of improving; who has improved in his time here?

In a month? Sorry, but you are babbling now.

Apart from the fact, there is no improving them, or do you just not do evidence of the last year, this season, Hamilton, Kilmarnock, Ross County, the list goes on. We are 36 points behind the leaders and even sit behind the sheep. Does any of that not tell you anything? This manager has absolutely fuck all to do with our problems. Just because you have a gut feeling, you are letting it fly in the face of the overwhelming evidence.

44 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

World beaters? We have players who are not performing under this manager, like it or not. McKay, Miller, and Hyndman are just three I could mention; it is his job, whether he signed them or not, to get the best out of the players. He isn't doing that.

Because they are incapable of it which is my point. 

They have nothing else in their locker to unlock. Nada 

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Apart from the fact, there is no improving them, or do you just not do evidence of the last year, this season, Hamilton, Kilmarnock, Ross County, the list goes on. We are 36 points behind the leaders and even sit behind the sheep. Does any of that not tell you anything? This manager has absolutely fuck all to do with our problems. Just because you have a gut feeling, you are letting it fly in the face of the overwhelming evidence.

McKay is not the footballer you said he was; he was our best player, and quite possibly the best player on the park at the Hogmanay match. Foderingham has developed into a very good goalkeeper, over his time here. Hyndman has become half the player we know he can be. This comment on this with you: you said time will tell, and I agree, if you are right, or I am right, then we will return to this discussion no doubt.

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Because they are incapable of it which is my point. 

They have nothing else in their locker to unlock. Nada 

Everyone has something, everyone can give their best, at anything. You say these players are giving their best, I disagree. 

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

Everyone has something, everyone can give their best, at anything. You say these players are giving their best, I disagree. 

They have had three managers now and nothing! Look at the squad over time consistently average  

I honestly think they are giving 100%, folks just think their 100% should be winning cups and leagues - when the reality is they are not skilful enough  

5 hours ago, soulboy said:

Does he not have a degree in psychology?  If so he probably wants them to think long and hard about the game before he gives them it with both barells 

If he is employing a psychological approach then he has done the right thing by not getting into it there and then. He may well be going along these lines

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Richard_Thelwell/publication/240239735_Using_Psychological_Skills_Training_to_Develop_Soccer_Performance/links/566ff5d408ae4d9a4259842e.pdf

No shouting and bawling as that time can then be dismissed as being in the moment. But, he allows them to shout, says we will look at it later and you can tell me where you got it wrong. This causes ownership of action, self analysis of performance throughout the whole performance instead of just focusing on one or two moments, blaming others for your performance (Windass shouting at Beerman)and should provoke growth and improvement of skills/ performance. This also lets PC  see who is able to do this and if they are willing to do this; this will be one of his key indicators of motivation. This will let him know who needs to go first in a limited squad as they cant or dont want to improve.

WM appeared to work on continuous positive reinforcement model but the problem with that is when something has not worked, you don't know how to critically analyse it. This showed in MW approach generally with him defaulting to the same methodology (tactics, formation and player) all the time but wanting to change it but not knowing how to change it for the better. If PC is using psychology then this is a proven method of causing introspection in the subject and is quite refined. He won't give them it with both barrels, he won't need to, they will know. 

Just now, OhW said:

Where did you see me saying that Mourinho could turn this squad into world beaters?

You said a new (good) manager could improve our team and we are no better 

I said it's not the case that a new manager could and used an example of Jose improving us (which he couldn't)

you then peed your pants and used a face palm 

i then typed this answer

you read it and clicked like on my post

i then went and had a jobbie

This clear-out how is it going to work with those on nice contracts who refuse to leave,who is going to be making offers for our players,we had a lot of interest in the last window,or rather we had no interest.

1 hour ago, TheLawMan said:

He's out of his depth and a complete panic appointment by an incapable Board who are an absolute shambolic mess and clueless. :tu: 

That's my fear.

Then it looks like we have paid a handsome compensation fee to get him out of Qatar and he might not be here long freeing him to go elsewhere with us possibly losing out even more.

Absolute shambles.

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Pish. 

By your reckoning then Jose could come in and turn our team into world beaters 

Sometimes things get worse before they get better as players try and understand some new ways of working 

We won't improve though because I firmly believe that bar one or two players they are incapable and are at their limit. 

Best manager in the world couldn't get Halliday to run faster or Barrie to cross better - simple as that. 

He didn't say world beaters he just said better. 

I don't get why people use silly extremes like that, like when they complain about someone shite being linked it's "you expecting Messi or Ronaldo?" 

Course not - same way people say Conte or Mourinho wouldn't turn these players into superstars 

No ones expecting that 

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

I don't get why someone like you who's so vocal about everything that's wrong with the club and honest about it can't see that this manager is part of the problems too? He's not the main problem or the biggest one but he's still a big problem

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I like the idea he's had it with the players and refusing to engage but I think the reality is this is just a method of his - well imo anyway for what it's worth 

:tu:

You may be right there K.A.I ..... I remember reading years ago that this was a method used when things could turn nastier due to high emotions taking over .... immediately after a disappointing event ... not just in football .... it was a method used in military circles ... where 24 hours with no contact concerning the "event" was justified as a decent cooling off period before discussions should commence .... and either innocence or guilt being the decided rational outcome .... cool heads and all that I suppose. 

Makes sense to me as it gives everyone a chance to see things clearly ... reducing tensions all round and getting things sorted before it goes too far helping no-one.

Mind you after the last two games ... I'm still pissed off with the lot of them and it wouldn't bother me if PC never had to work with the majority of them ever again .... It would also help my blood pressure to get back to normal .... sick and tired of this squad.

:UK: 

54 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He didn't say world beaters he just said better. 

I don't get why people use silly extremes like that, like when they complain about someone shite being linked it's "you expecting Messi or Ronaldo?" 

Course not - same way people say Conte or Mourinho wouldn't turn these players into superstars 

No ones expecting that 

strawmen everywhere mate.

41 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:tu:

You may be right there K.A.I ..... I remember reading years ago that this was a method used when things could turn nastier due to high emotions taking over .... immediately after a disappointing event ... not just in football .... it was a method used in military circles ... where 24 hours with no contact concerning the "event" was justified as a decent cooling off period before discussions should commence .... and either innocence or guilt being the decided rational outcome .... cool heads and all that I suppose. 

Makes sense to me as it gives everyone a chance to see things clearly ... reducing tensions all round and getting things sorted before it goes too far helping no-one.

Mind you after the last two games ... I'm still pissed off with the lot of them and it wouldn't bother me if PC never had to work with the majority of them ever again .... It would also help my blood pressure to get back to normal .... sick and tired of this squad.

:UK: 

As i said i do see some merit in it but I'd rather relay my message while fresh that's just me tho 

5 minutes ago, GazzasOrangeFlute said:

Supposedly Andy Halliday was texting few of his mates about the fight with joey Barton and his pals where showing everybody even the media. I deffo think there is a few rats in there

Funnily enough I seen something about that today except it was what Barton said to Warburton.

Ain't right having our dirty washing hanging out, things are just a mess all over the place with Ranger thenow sadly