New Daily Record blog.

11 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Are you looking for someone to take the job that doesn't actually have an allegiance to a team? Good luck with that one.

If he's still sharing these views while he's in the job then fair enough but if I'm right he posted all this shit about 2 years before going into his current role. It's a bit desperate.

I don't generally but into the whole 'everyone's out to get us' thing, but that's a bit more than just having an allegiance to a team.

6 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Yeah not interested in the sports editor of one of scotlands most influential football papers being an anti Rangers bigot whose underlying dislike for us will come through.

clearly you're happy with it I'm certainly not.just because he's not posting these views on social media now because of his position you don't think he still believes them??

Aye I'm delighted about it mate, that's exactly what I said.

4 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

I don't generally but into the whole 'everyone's out to get us' thing, but that's a bit more than just having an allegiance to a team.

Aye I'd agree with that. But still, if we were to start sacking people for stuff said on social media years before starting their jobs then most of the country would be unemployed. And who's going to replace them? People that still think the same way as him anyway and just aren't daft enough to document it on Facebook.

Fer fuck sake, two years down the line what is going to change with that pricks opinion,a would truthfully guess nothing,he will have the same attitude but he's just now got a position in charge, and if people think that because he works for a newspaper they are deluded, I know people change, but I very much doubt he has went from slagging us to saying, yeah a think it's good Rangers are back up and are still here, he hates us and it's plain to see, his opinions are there for all to see, so a think it would be bullshit for anybody to think different.

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Aye I'd agree with that. But still, if we were to start sacking people for stuff said on social media years before starting their jobs then most of the country would be unemployed. And who's going to replace them? People that still think the same way as him anyway and just aren't daft enough to document it on Facebook.

I don't necessarily disagree with your point in general but I think talking about H*** and saying Tiocfaidh ár lá is a wee bit different.

2 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

I don't necessarily disagree with your point in general but I think talking about H*** and saying Tiocfaidh ár lá is a wee bit different.

Aye but he said it ages ago so its fine.

Might just murder a bunch of people, own up to it in 20 years and everything will be forgiven cos it was "ages ago"

12 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Aye that's a fair point. Suppose it's a bit concerning that this stuff was still out in the public domain when he managed to get the job in the first place.

10 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

1 /  That supporter does not need you to defend him ... in fact he would probably be better off if you left him to answer for himself .... he's actually quite capable ... your point is not made any stronger when you use  the board as your fulcrum to make your point ... they are an entirely separate entity ..... and bear no comparison to the Dude's being employed by the DR.

Your analogy about it being just a guy doing a job to put a crust on his table is laughable ... as he himself has confirmed this is not the case .... but more to do with him furthering his own career as a writer .... and using that hated medium to do so .... we will eventually see who is using who on that one I'm sure.

Please don't try and say that the criticism towards the Dude is worse than the criticism directed towards the board .... with your history in that department? .... aye right.

Using the board as a crutch to fall back on when your argument needs sustenance is ludicrous.

2 /  The only thing hypocritical is you comparing us to the scum.

3 / Dear me .... are you really going to lecture people on obsession and again compare us to the scum? .... but there again .... come to think about it you do seem to have a talent in that department right enough.

4 / In all honesty I can't argue that point.

5 / Criticism has many forms ... what you have just typed is just not one of them .... neither is it true .... complete bollocks ..... and believe me you don't get it.

:UK:

Thanks for proving me correct, but you will never get that either.

You try too hard.

10 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It all adds up with this shitty wee rag.

Again, as someone that's (if I do say so myself) not normally prone to bouts of paranoia, it's tough to look at the evidence and not be concerned about the DR's output and agenda.

Pretty clear what it all points to.

This ^^^

His views don't change simply because he took up a new position.

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Are you looking for someone to take the job that doesn't actually have an allegiance to a team? Good luck with that one.

If he's still sharing these views while he's in the job then fair enough but if I'm right he posted all this shit about 2 years before going into his current role. It's a bit desperate.

Chris Graham had too resign from our board for old tweets ? Put under pressure funnily enough from the record

10 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

1 /  That supporter does not need you to defend him ... in fact he would probably be better off if you left him to answer for himself .... he's actually quite capable ... your point is not made any stronger when you use  the board as your fulcrum to make your point ... they are an entirely separate entity ..... and bear no comparison to the Dude's being employed by the DR.

Your analogy about it being just a guy doing a job to put a crust on his table is laughable ... as he himself has confirmed this is not the case .... but more to do with him furthering his own career as a writer .... and using that hated medium to do so .... we will eventually see who is using who on that one I'm sure.

Please don't try and say that the criticism towards the Dude is worse than the criticism directed towards the board .... with your history in that department? .... aye right.

Using the board as a crutch to fall back on when your argument needs sustenance is ludicrous.

2 /  The only thing hypocritical is you comparing us to the scum.

3 / Dear me .... are you really going to lecture people on obsession and again compare us to the scum? .... but there again .... come to think about it you do seem to have a talent in that department right enough.

4 / In all honesty I can't argue that point.

5 / Criticism has many forms ... what you have just typed is just not one of them .... neither is it true .... complete bollocks ..... and believe me you don't get it.

:UK:

He did very clearly state on the first page he had bills to pay, as well building a career, so what say truth and credibility?

You are indeed becoming a bit of a revisionst to try and prove a point and worst of all, feebly trying to blacken an individual's character when it doesn't align with your thinking. The personal attacks are indeed coming to prominence in their increasing frequency, which doesn't help your case.

We are well aware what daily rhebel is, but if has such an impact on your life, that so many just can't help themselves quoting and becomng apoplectic, it indeed must be a sad one.

I will continue with my very open crusade on mr mendacious, that actually does affect us directly and safe in the knowledge that he is at last on the way out.

As for the rhebel, better ignored, but if they annoy you that much, go and do something about it, as opposed personally attacking a fellow supporter.

Happy hunting.

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Andre Gray suspended over tweets he made over 5 years ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3804452/Burnley-striker-Andre-Gray-suspended-four-matches-fined-25-000-homophobic-comments-social-media-dating-2012.html

2 minutes ago, Redsox1 said:

Didn't even know he worked for the Record tbh.

7 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Chris Graham had too resign from our board for old tweets ? Put under pressure funnily enough from the record

Use of the word H** etc could probably warrant putting pressure on them to get rid of him but a lot of those posts are just generic Celtic fan patter. Irritating but not offensive.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Didn't even know he worked for the Record tbh.

just pointing out that tweets effect you later in life without the "it was two years ago" type excuse.Once a terrorist lover always a terrorist lover.I don't think it has anything do do with the Dude getting paid by them though.If the shoe was on the other foot what do you think would happen ? 

Cooney should be hounded and sacked.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Use of the word H** etc could probably warrant putting pressure on them to get rid of him but a lot of those posts are just generic Celtic fan patter. Irritating but not offensive.

Yeah but 1 sectarian tweet is 1 too many , it doesn't actually offend me but ppl in glass houses shouldn't throw stones 

4 minutes ago, Redsox1 said:

just pointing out that tweets effect you later in life without the "it was two years ago" type excuse.Once a terrorist lover always a terrorist lover.I don't think it has anything do do with the Dude getting paid by them though.If the shoe was on the other foot what do you think would happen ? 

Cooney should be hounded and sacked.

That's England though. Gray made those tweets years ago and was punished for it.

This is Scotland. The country where Leigh Griffiths made a racist comment in a tweet, then apologised for sending the tweet. Yet still didn't get convicted because there was a lack of evidence.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

That's England though. Gray made those tweets years ago and was punished for it.

This is Scotland. The country where Leigh Griffiths made a racist comment in a tweet, then apologised for sending the tweet. Yet still didn't get convicted because there was a lack of evidence.

yet the same country that hounded Hugh Dallas out a job. Scotland is a shambles at the moment.