New Daily Record blog.

I'm all for people furthering their career, but the Daily Record dude? even you must have thought "anybody but them" given the reaction to most of their recent articles from members on this forum? while I realise that earlier you stated that you werent all that fussed about the opinions of anonymous people on a forum, it must have occurred to you that some see this as sleeping with the enemy? or cant you admit that publically now you have accepted their 50 pieces of silver?

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

? ? ?

Pretty much reiterates what is discussed on other forums ... but to a wider audience which now includes the unwashed .... some of the hyperbole is sickening .... one being the comparison to PC's time with us to date and Brenda's early struggles in Europe are enough to turn any Rangers fans stomach ..... totally irrelevant unless PC was also at the helm for us in Europe.

The overal content is bland and does nothing to solve any problems at Ibrox .... all it does ... (and I think this is intentional on your part Dude) .... is now give the filth the platform to agree with all you say and negatively comment on it ... and as usual increase that negativity against our Club.

I very much doubt what you have written will change anything whatsoever .... other than peoples opinion of yourself and not in a positive way .... click bait is all this blog is to further your "career" ..... shameful ... not brave at all.

As said above .... I wonder if you will be allowed to print negative blogs about the inner workings of the scum across the city .... and unless you have a fireproof armour plated contract with the retard .... I doubt you will be employed with them for long.

The comments page will be hoaching with accolades from scum supporters ..... how proud you must feel.

??

Nothing any blogger writes is going to change anything at the club. The filth have no more of a platform to comment than they have anywhere else Ive written (or on here where it's also hoaching with them).

Why would I write blogs about their inner workings? I've no interest in writing or reading about them. If you do then there's plenty others who do exactly that.

I can see where you're coming from to a certain extent, Dude, taking a "better inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in" approach. 

However I can't help thinking you'll just be pissing into the wind, we will never get anything like parity of coverage from that gutter rag. And I've felt that way about it for at least 30 years.

For all my opinion is worth, there's nothing wrong with the article. In fact why isn't Burt in the squad? Maybe it's rehashing just a tad & I'd like more of the in depth insight of john Jeremiah Sullivan or Jon Ronson, but it's not an easy place to carve out a niche. Stay true and find meaning beyond the immediate, Dude.

13 minutes ago, Dietspam said:

Good read. Surely better to have Bears in this position. Maybe then it wouldn't be such a one sided newspaper?

Of course it is.

Some would rather the media, government and councils would remain full of tarriers just so they can moan obviously.

5 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I'm all for people furthering their career, but the Daily Record dude? even you must have thought "anybody but them" given the reaction to most of their recent articles from members on this forum? while I realise that earlier you stated that you werent all that fussed about the opinions of anonymous people on a forum, it must have occurred to you that some see this as sleeping with the enemy? or cant you admit that publically now you have accepted their 50 pieces of silver?

Bills need paid, food needs bought, rent needs paid. If they give me a fair platform to publish my stuff then I've no real complaints. They allowed me a subtle dig at KJ and his 'ignorance of football outwith what's broadcast on Sky and BT'

People may view it as sleeping with the enemy but the same folk aren't the ones paying my bills.

What I do find funny though is people moan about not getting fair coverage from the papers. They give me a chance to do that (which I feel I've shown over the last 4 years I do consistently) and folk still moan.

4 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

I can see where you're coming from to a certain extent, Dude, taking a "better inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in" approach. 

However I can't help thinking you'll just be pissing into the wind, we will never get anything like parity of coverage from that gutter rag. And I've felt that way about it for at least 30 years.

You're probably right but I can only try. The shite we've read for long enough is the reason I decided to give this a go in the first place. I've grown up reading the same one-sided shite we all have and decided I could do it better. Maybe I can, maybe I can't but I'll never know unless I have the platform to do so.

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

Of course it is.

Some would rather the media, government and councils would remain full of tarriers just so they can moan obviously.

The DR has shown obvious bias towards the scum on several occasions.

Don't think it's unreasonable to criticise anyone who calls themselves a Rangers who works for them.

Might as well write articles for a taig fanzine, which the DR pretty much is.

5 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Despite what people say there are loads of jobs out there, yet you chose to work for the Rangers hating record. 

There are loads of jobs where I can write about Rangers? Please show me.

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

The DR has shown obvious bias towards the scum on several occasions.

Don't think it's unreasonable to criticise anyone who calls themselves a Rangers who works for them.

Might as well write articles for a taig fanzine, which the DR pretty much is.

Yes, but should we just let it continue? Have all media in Scotland biased towards the tarriers and do nothing about it? 

Do you think if the DR was full of Rangers fans that it would still be biased towards them? Course not.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Bills need paid, food needs bought, rent needs paid. If they give me a fair platform to publish my stuff then I've no real complaints. They allowed me a subtle dig at KJ and his 'ignorance of football outwith what's broadcast on Sky and BT'

People may view it as sleeping with the enemy but the same folk aren't the ones paying my bills.

What I do find funny though is people moan about not getting fair coverage from the papers. They give me a chance to do that (which I feel I've shown over the last 4 years I do consistently) and folk still moan.

Oh well. Good luck. Lets see how it goes. Hopefully the way you think. 

What is the process? do they vet what you write?are their topics you cant write about? you mention "They allowed me a subtle dig at KJ" is that the limit of it? or are you just in the door and dont really know yet?

Just now, PRW. said:

Yes, but should we just let it continue? Have all media in Scotland biased towards the tarriers and do nothing about it? 

Nah we should have sanitised, edited, censored by a bheggar editor articles published. As long as they're critical about our club and don't ask any questions about the corrupt / illegal goings on elsewhere.

That'll show them.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Nah we should have sanitised, edited, censored by a bheggar editor articles published. As long as they're critical about our club and don't ask any questions about the corrupt / illegal goings on elsewhere.

That'll show them.

Look you obviously are more of a sit back and moan type guy. Thats cool.

Some people want to actually change things and have influence. More power to them.

14 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

In fact you're a paid blogger, seems a bit rich for you to be advertising (click baiting) on here for personal gain...

Plenty of people post on here for personal gain? Why is he any different?

At least he still actually contributes to the forum unlike some others who will only post to promote their own ventures.

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

Look you obviously are more of a sit back and moan type guy. Thats cool.

Some people want to actually change things and have influence. More power to them.

See if a bear got the editors gig or on their Board or suchlike, a position of influence, then fine.

He is trying to further his career and at the same time boost readership of a Rangers hating rag that I despise.

I long for the day the rag goes bust.

Change things. Influence. Power. Ffs.

7 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Oh well. Good luck. Lets see how it goes. Hopefully the way you think. 

What is the process? do they vet what you write?are their topics you cant write about? you mention "They allowed me a subtle dig at KJ" is that the limit of it? or are you just in the door and dont really know yet?

Whatever my thoughts are from week to week. As far as I've been told there's no limits to what I can and can't do but aye, for a first one, I was never going to come out all guns blazing and say 'Jackson's talking out his hole'.