DJ The Support deserve to hear from King

Smile

6292397.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

NOBODY is exempt from criticism when you lose an Old Firm game and that has been the case at Ibrox over the last fortnight.

When you are beaten by Celtic in the manner that Rangers were on Saturday, the board, the manager and the players were always going to find themselves in the firing line.

Pedro Caixinha has taken his share of the stick over the last couple of weeks and he now knows what it is all about in Glasgow.

He has said in the past he understands what needs done at Rangers and the demands from the supporters but it is a different situation when you find yourself at the centre of it. Like most fans, I will give him a break right now, though.

There will be things he will look at in both games and maybe things he wishes he had done differently. But, like I have said before, you can do all the preparation you want and do as much tactical work as you want, if the players don’t perform then you won’t win the game.

At Ibrox, like at Hampden, Rangers didn’t perform and they got the results that they deserved.

Pedro tried to be positive on Saturday but it quickly went from bad to worse and Celtic ran away with the game. When he got home that night, he would have had plenty to think about.

He is still continuing his assessment of the squad and he will have a better idea now of the ones he wants to keep and the ones he wants to get rid of. It won’t be an easy summer for him, but he certainly knows the scale of the job ahead of him now.

You can only work with the tools that you have got and now we find ourselves looking over our shoulders at St Johnstone to make sure we finish third. They are six points behind and we have still to play them at Perth so there has to be a reaction against Partick Thistle this weekend.

Second was the minimum expectation for Rangers this season so they can’t afford to end up fourth. These players have let themselves down time and time and time again and the manager will probably have made up his mind on 90 per cent of the squad.

When he was questioned after the final whistle, he didn’t look for excuses. He said ‘I am here, I’m the manager, I take responsibility’. He is not shirking anything.

He is just in the door and this is not his squad but he knows the last two games haven’t been good enough. I think he should get a bit of slack and if anyone is getting stick then the players deserve it more than Pedro does.

It was the worst we have played this season and there are no excuses for that performance. At Ibrox, in front of our own fans, we got absolutely battered.

That showed how big the gap is between Rangers and Celtic and what needs to be done going forward. As a few people have said, it was 5-1 but it could have been a lot more.

You can’t say that we will buy players in the summer and definitely challenge Celtic next year. It is going to take time and the squad needs a lot of work.

Never mind thinking about stopping ten-in-a-row, the first aim is to stop seven. If you don’t you have to stop eight. The fans need a bit of hope for next season and the only man that can give them that is Dave King.

This isn’t a great time for Rangers but the one good thing is the supporters and the fact that they continue to back the club. There isn’t any talk about ‘I’m not going back’.

We all appreciate right now that the team is at a low ebb but fans not turning up and tickets not being sold isn’t going to make things any better.

You need everyone sticking together, like we did in the Third Division when there were tens of thousands at Ibrox and people coming from all over the world to see Rangers. The fans have to stand by the club.

There has to be significant changes in the summer and I think there will be. The board are all Rangers fans so they will know how the supporters are feeling and that there is a lot of work to be done.

Dave doesn’t come over for many games but he will know this is a really important summer for Rangers. The fans want a bit of hope for next season.

Dave has done a lot of talking over the last couple of years and now the supporters want to hear from him.

He doesn’t own Rangers but people see him as a figurehead and he has a big say at Ibrox. Now, the fans want to know what is going on.

I know he is going to the NARSA Conference but I think he should come to Glasgow and speak to the fans here.

He has said that Pedro will get money and, while we don’t expect him to tell the public exactly how much, the supporters want to know what is happening at their club.

They deserve it because they have stood by Rangers year on year. Everyone has to be going in the same direction if next season is going to be a better one.

Dave is running out of people to back him.

He is being found out and answers are now required, he said he can live with the retail deal so not having that excuse.

Big promises made and very little delivered, i'm sure the other board members (not Murray and Gilligan) must be absolutely sick of him, they are the ones left here to face the flak.

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

King isn't a Rangers fan and has no idea how we are feeling. 

Felt that on Saturday tbh! He should've been sitting in the directors box hurting like the rest of us and having to stomach 7,500 tarrier bastards having a party at our home. But as usual he's nowhere to be seen. Hate to say it but we actually need a Lawwell type running us.

Just now, B1872 said:

Felt that on Saturday tbh! He should've been sitting in the directors box hurting like the rest of us and having to stomach 7,500 tarrier bastards having a party at our home. But as usual he's nowhere to be seen. Hate to say it but we actually need a Lawwell type running us.

We can call liewell everything under the sun and usually do, but by fuck he's good at his job. 

DJ normally backs whoever is in charge to the hilt so for him to come out and say that is refreshing. 

Yet again it has taken two extra years than needed for the support to realise the new board are essentially the same pricks that were in the last one.

They have helped us turn a profit, probably due to the fans backing in ST sales but fuck me if the old board had done half of what these imposters have they would have been storming Ibrox again. 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

DJ normally backs whoever is in charge to the hilt so for him to come out and say that is refreshing. 

Yet again it has taken two extra years than needed for the support to realise the new board are essentially the same pricks that were in the last one.

They have helped us turn a profit, probably due to the fans backing in ST sales but fuck me if the old board had done half of what these imposters have they would have been storming Ibrox again. 

The main protagonists were / are now in employment as a result. Some could say they have directly benefitted from the situation. Or they have rewarded in a significant way.

There is no appetite from them for rocking this boat, they may be first out without a life jacket.

It may once have been about the best for Rangers but the deafening silence probably indicates it was always about King and themselves.

44 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

King is in the country between two games via the bheast but chooses not to attend either or let us know wtf is going on.

He has little to no interest in us.

Sooner folk realise this the better.

He is a money man not a Rangers man.

He's not much of a money man either

That was a decent piece written by big DJ.

Don't ever forget what an outstanding player he was for us and for the 'young yins', see the video. He proved the old adage that if you're good enough, you're old enough. THAT header against the manky mob at only 16. :cup: Enjoy the video folks and seeing the Rangers stalwarts of the past (as The Citizen used to call them in their pull-outs - aye I'm an old-ish cunt). The goals come thick and fast btw.

While you're on a roll DJ, why don't you knock out McCulloch and Keevins the next time you're on air before you slam the door behind you. It's well overdue. I'd tune in to hear that. :guns:

1 hour ago, BluesClues said:

He's not much of a money man either

He's pretty good at acquiring it just won't spend his 'childrens inheritance' on Rangers. He should take a leaf out of real 'money men' and let his children earn their money.

2 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Dave is running out of people to back him.

He is being found out and answers are now required, he said he can live with the retail deal so not having that excuse.

Big promises made and very little delivered, i'm sure the other board members (not Murray and Gilligan) must be absolutely sick of him, they are the ones left here to face the flak.

It's just the Paid Hands and Taigs who back him now as he's done a better job of destroying our brand and club than they ever could.

Can't you hear him though?  He's speaking loud and clear.   Screaming from the rooftops megaphone style. 

The sound of Dave King's silence is as much and as loud a message to the Support as any spoken word.   The message of silent indifference.   The message of 'business as usual' and let the Manager take the flak....its what we pay him for.     ST cash register sales ringing in his corporate ears is the only thing he seems to me to want to be hearing these days.  

Somebody will have to pay the bill if the court case that SD has brought for breach of contract is lost and Rangers has to pay big damages to SD.    And its ST sales that he may be counting on to deal with that if the court case goes against the Club.   

With his appearance to be made in court to answer for his failure to comply with The Takeover Panel ruling. and with yet more court action due when the SD claim for breach of contract case is to be heard, I'm not in the least bit surprised he is keeping his head down and would want to avoid opportunities for people to question him.  He has a lot on his plate to deal with other than the marginal thing of providing effective leadership to the Club and providing some assurance that the Manager is being given sufficient financial resources to produce a much better team next season. 

Good quality communications between the Chairman and his Board, and the Support have broken down.   Non-existent.   So we must read the deafening silence for the messages from King.   Saying nothing in fact says everything.

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He is a money man not a Rangers man.

I'd question the accuracy of this statement.

He is a glib and shameless liar however and sly enough to have pulled the wool over the eyes of far too many of our support.

The sooner he sells us the better.