*** RangersMedia Erskine Fund - The Official 2017/18 Members Thread ***

govanblue

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/23/2017 at 23:48, govanblue said:

If you remember, An Anonymous Bear donated £210 to pay for the Rothesay Trip and the non-existent fish suppers.

So we'll send a cheque to Erskine for the full £210, and once the ferry is paid for, that will leave them £70.20.

I will give them strict instructions that this is to be spent on Fish Suppers, and that we will require photographic proof!   :p:

The good news is that they can now go to their favourite Saltcoats Chippy, where they get them cheap, so more fish all round! :rangers:

Finally, here are the photos from that day out.

Photo-wise, it's pretty poor, cos the weather kept them stuck in the bus all day, but they tell me that all the stuff going on outside the bus was great to watch. :p:

rothesay_3.thumb.jpg.21ce7f82fd967e061f9557a144cfee75.jpgRothesay_2.thumb.jpg.9a2e5c91291462b35a1c3fc359fa1483.jpgRothesay_1.thumb.jpg.eebb30bce1b0b8e1ef786ef717b39f81.jpg

And as for the remaining £70.20, that has now been converted into fish...

Erskine_Fish.thumb.jpg.9a2944968eb68fbd77529cd0a2f60526.jpg

:tu:

Many thanks once again to the Anonymous Bear who donated all the money for that trip.  He or She is a True Blue Hero.  :bow:

Also, if you remember, shortly after we received that anonymous donation, we also got an offer to pay for the Rothesay trip from @WILLIAM BEAR

As you can imagine, it was heartbreaking for me, having to refuse the donation. :p:

But luckily WILLIAM BEAR told me to just take the money, and put it towards our next thing.

Well our next thing will soon be upon us.

The £150 he donated just happens to be exactly what we need for an Argyle Restaurant Lunch and a pint for 10 people.

And Erskine Bishopton have been nipping my ear for ages asking when they can have another Stadium Tour, cos they've got loads of Veterans wanting to go.

So I'll get on to our good friends at Rangers Charity Foundation, and hopefully they'll be able to sort us out with 10 free Stadium Tours.  They usually do. :rangers:

2 minutes ago, Zetland said:

@govanblue

How are we doing for updates GB? :thumbup:

I've been avoiding doing the accounts for a few weeks, so I've still got a bit of catching up to do.

Should raise another few quid tomorrow, selling these spare tickets I've got. :tu:

Getting close to November now - I think I'll have to have a word with that pledged list soon.  Got to get them all collected so we can start looking to the November Top-up Fundraiser.

And we've got t-shirts to sell, bricks to sell, stadium tours and Argyle restaurants to organise, Rangers TV to get ordered up.  And an auction to organise.

(And in fact, I've still got loads of prizes still to deliver from our last raffle.)

Oh, and did I mention, Funderella has been invited to the Erskine Ball .

Oh, and we've got 2 seats in the directors box for the next sheep game.  Not sure what to do with them yet. :p:

Plus loads more.  

And then maybe I'll get round to dealing with all the PMs from the last two weeks!

13 minutes ago, govanblue said:

I've been avoiding doing the accounts for a few weeks, so I've still got a bit of catching up to do.

Should raise another few quid tomorrow, selling these spare tickets I've got. :tu:

Getting close to November now - I think I'll have to have a word with that pledged list soon.  Got to get them all collected so we can start looking to the November Top-up Fundraiser.

And we've got t-shirts to sell, bricks to sell, stadium tours and Argyle restaurants to organise, Rangers TV to get ordered up.  And an auction to organise.

(And in fact, I've still got loads of prizes still to deliver from our last raffle.)

Oh, and did I mention, Funderella has been invited to the Erskine Ball .

Oh, and we've got 2 seats in the directors box for the next sheep game.  Not sure what to do with them yet. :p:

Plus loads more.  

And then maybe I'll get round to dealing with all the PMs from the last two weeks!

Just as well my super ideas have dried up lol

See you tomorrow. Hopefully catch up with @Bears r us too

So those updates I promised will follow in a day or two.

But in the meantime, I'm far too busy getting ready for the Erskine Military Ball. :p:

£100 a ticket - it was nice of them to invite us for free.  Apparently it's because we're their favourite Bears :rangers:

14-10-31-erskine-dscf75641.jpg

I've actually got a spare ticket, if any Fund Member would like to come along? (it's in the Glasgow Hilton - no wig required)

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Zetland said:

Soon be looking for some :winnings:

Soon enough - but first, we've got some spending to do. :tu:

Let's start the ball rolling with a wheelchair ticket for Dinger for tomorrow's cup game.

Poor bloke's not been to a game in ages, so that should cheer him, up.

Dinger.thumb.jpg.3fb808340cfaa180b3191c5bc69d853b.jpg

Cost: £22

• 2 months later...

Archived