Club 1872

mully10

After attending the recent public meeting I was deeply saddened that three good, committed Rangers people had chosen to walk away on a point of principle, and the way that the remaining board members choose to ignore their concerns and in truth show a negativity towards them.

I attended as an individual Rangers supporter, I am not a member of any clique, faction, supporters club or self-interest group, I am just somebody who has passionately supported my club for over 30 years and was proud to be one of many thousand Rangers fans.

Since the three directors have left the organisation doesn't appear to be functioning with little or no day to day operations visible and no social media presence.

The sitting directors must be aware that there are a lot of unhappy members but their silence is deafening.

Overtures have been made by some of the resigning directors to come back on board but this doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

So here we have an organisation with over 8000 members and a large quantity of shares and money which appears to have stalled. Like a lot of people I am going to reluctantly cancel my monthly payment as I don't have faith in the majority of the sitting directors.

We have seen the resigning directors honesty be questioned, anonymous twitter accounts make schoolboy taunts at them, one of the sitting directors breach data protection/privacy laws by recording the recent public meeting without the consent of those present, an inability for directors to quantify the exact membership numbers and an apparent disregard for a large number of members concerns over what caused the initial bust up and their subsequent actions.

I will remain a life member and believe passionately in the merits of what the organisation was set up to achieve, but I'm afraid it may be time for a change,  if the sitting directors choose to ignore what the resigning directors did and could do for the organisation and want to keep them outside then whose interest are they serving, personally I don't believe it's that of the organisation or the members, what do other people think?

27 minutes ago, mully10 said:

After attending the recent public meeting I was deeply saddened that three good, committed Rangers people had chosen to walk away on a point of principle, and the way that the remaining board members choose to ignore their concerns and in truth show a negativity towards them.

I attended as an individual Rangers supporter, I am not a member of any clique, faction, supporters club or self-interest group, I am just somebody who has passionately supported my club for over 30 years and was proud to be one of many thousand Rangers fans.

Since the three directors have left the organisation doesn't appear to be functioning with little or no day to day operations visible and no social media presence.

The sitting directors must be aware that there are a lot of unhappy members but their silence is deafening.

Overtures have been made by some of the resigning directors to come back on board but this doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

So here we have an organisation with over 8000 members and a large quantity of shares and money which appears to have stalled. Like a lot of people I am going to reluctantly cancel my monthly payment as I don't have faith in the majority of the sitting directors.

We have seen the resigning directors honesty be questioned, anonymous twitter accounts make schoolboy taunts at them, one of the sitting directors breach data protection/privacy laws by recording the recent public meeting without the consent of those present, an inability for directors to quantify the exact membership numbers and an apparent disregard for a large number of members concerns over what caused the initial bust up and their subsequent actions.

I will remain a life member and believe passionately in the merits of what the organisation was set up to achieve, but I'm afraid it may be time for a change,  if the sitting directors choose to ignore what the resigning directors did and could do for the organisation and want to keep them outside then whose interest are they serving, personally I don't believe it's that of the organisation or the members, what do other people think?

I never joined mate but can understand if you thought the idea might work why many did. Unfortunately any fans group that is instigated by the Rangers board can never be independent from them.

Your money is better in your own pocket than given to the group of four wankers left IMO. 

19 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Mate, you've signed up here so you're part of Big Mike's clique now. Welcome.

You should be receiving your welcome pack any day now.

Slazzy slip ons, pack of 30 Donnay sports socks, a baseball cap with flames on it and an Everlast jacket

It is such a nice feeling when that pack arrives, makes you proud so it does. :mutley:

1 hour ago, Getstiffed said:

Mate, you've signed up here so you're part of Big Mike's clique now. Welcome.

You should be receiving your welcome pack any day now.

Slazzy slip ons, pack of 30 Donnay sports socks, a baseball cap with flames on it and an Everlast jacket

No big cup?

"an individual Rangers supporter, I am not a member of any clique, faction, supporters club or self-interest group".

I know what you mean by that and i cant get my head round those  that are especially in the current climate.

No wonder the support gets fucked over left right and centre when some  cant even get on with each other.

Not fit for purpose.

A vehicle devised by cunts like Gilligan and Murray to get their hands on RF money, exercise control over the RF/RST shares and stop any dissenting voices from the support. Aided and abetted by fan spiv vermin such as Chris Graham and Greg Marshall. 

It is now what it was always inevitably heading to be. A joke organisation "managed" by fan-spivs, blazer-chasers and useful-idiots but controlled by the rats on the Rangers board. Only a complete moron would continue to put their money into this ridiculous sham.

2 hours ago, mully10 said:

I will remain a life member and believe passionately in the merits of what the organisation was set up to achieve

How can/could you believe passionately in an organisation with such a vague remit as it's founding principles? Unless your passion is giving your money away to people with no expectation of anything in return. 

In a sense club 1872 has done exactly what it set out to do, which is to do very little and receive significant financial backing to do it.

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

Not fit for purpose.

A vehicle devised by cunts like Gilligan and Murray to get their hands on RF money, exercise control over the RF/RST shares and stop any dissenting voices from the support. Aided and abetted by fan spiv vermin such as Chris Graham and Greg Marshall. 

It is now what it was always inevitably heading to be. A joke organisation "managed" by fan-spivs, blazer-chasers and useful-idiots but controlled by the rats on the Rangers board. Only a complete moron would continue to put their money into this ridiculous sham.

I honestly don't think Gilligan and Murray are that smart!

From Joanne on FF

Club1872 Update:

Laura and I have had some positive engagement with James Blair since the members meeting. We still believe in Club 1872. Despite feeling our concerns at the point of resignation were still valid, since then we have seen many opportunities where we could have had a positive impact on the running of the organisation. 

We were encouraged by members at the meeting and those who have contacted us privately urging us to go back. A number of members have offered their assistance if we went back.

Last Thursday we made a formal offer to return as directors. We believe this would allow us to make a meaningful contribution to Club 1872. This was welcomed by James Blair. It is our understanding he is in discussion with the other three directors and await their response.

Club 1872 is a members lead organisation. So it our feeling that it would be right for this decision to be put to members via a poll to allow them to decide. We are still within the year we were elected to serve and if members gave us the opportunity we would put the same commitment we put in prior to our resignations

No mention of D'Art / Iain - so it looks like someone is at least sticking by their principles.

Sorry to see Joanne and Laura sell out though, thought they would at least hold their ground*

*unless Houston is stepping down, finally acknowledging how divisive he is.

I honestly can't believe how clique  our fan base is.  Why the fuck do grown adult men agree with your houstons, Dingwall and grahams?   It's beyond madness why some are unable to think for themselves and make decisions based on what we know rather than what might be.

boycotting merchandise?? We must be the only club in the world where this happens. As for board member criteria I doubt every other successful club has full on supporters on it. 

6 hours ago, The Beast said:

Low animal cunning rather than smart.

Beast I still wouldn't attribute either with even that ability. I've met Gilligan on 3 occasions, nice guy , but how he achieved the senior role at Tennent's,I'll never know?

Paul Murray I have never met , but his CV of business failures does not suggest a " cunning plan Baldrick!"

2 duds enjoying the limelight, no money to offer and certainly no business acumen either.

I hope they prove me wrong.

11 minutes ago, Utility Man said:

Beast I still wouldn't attribute either with even that ability. I've met Gilligan on 3 occasions, nice guy , but how he achieved the senior role at Tennent's,I'll never know?

Paul Murray I have never met , but his CV of business failures does not suggest a " cunning plan Baldrick!"

2 duds enjoying the limelight, no money to offer and certainly no business acumen either.

They won't

1 hour ago, Utility Man said:

Simply following orders with promises of future hand outs.