High Risk Strategy

2 hours ago, westenclosure2008 said:

A lot has been said about Caixinha's interview and the need for a clear out. While I agree with the sentiment I can't help think that he is playing a risky game by being so public and quick to make such statements.

What if he can't get rid of the players he needs to, to make room for new players?

What if he doesn't get the budget he was promised for these new players?

What if these new players do not want to join us or get better offers?

I'm not sure a more experienced manager would have come out publicly at this stage and/or tell players they have no future before having concrete replacements. It is possible that we could start next season with roughly the same squad. If that were to happen I don't think it would be a squad that were behind the manager and if you combine that with their ability we could have a worse season, if that is possible, than this one has been.

Ever the optimist.

He looks to be a man who knows what he wants. He's seen enough and he wants them out. They will all be told individually if they are in or out. Don't see a great deal of risk because we will never win anything with them in any case. Those he says he will be keeping maybe even play better if that's possible and those that are out, unless they are total morons, will want to be in the shop window for the last few games.

He appears to be just an up front type of guy. Just like me, so we're fucked!

:mutley:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hindsight is a wonderful thing 

Casto our minds back to beginning of the season.the concensus was that we had a decent window .crooks and windass full of promise .krancjaer and Barton top players with experience. Rossiter was a great deal with a huge future.even when tav was rumoured to be wanted by a Turkish club for 3m most fans said .gtf 

These were the opinions of most fans.same as what the management had .now we all know things didn't turn out the way we planned. 

Next season I'm sure we will be far far better equipped. PC won't be relying on the championship and lower for hidden gems .he will go with players from outwith the UK and maybe one or 2 home based players 

I wish him well .

1 hour ago, ianferguson said:

The blame starts and stops with Warburton, if Pedro tells them he's got a mexican worldbeater and the board deny him the funds then we're all fuc*ed. Recruitment is the managers responsibility and as soon as the board questioned Warburtons signing policy in January the divorce became  imminent and predictable. 

Would you have sanctioned Joe garner?  Based on what we knew at the time?

2 hours ago, westenclosure2008 said:

There is a lot you can blame the board for but player signings has to lie with the management. Do you want the board deciding who the manager should and shouldn't sign? Budget yeah but we could have got better quality for what we spent last season.

the board sanctioned 1.8 million on a cart horse. They quite easily could've decided not to

3 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

50 goals in 129 appearances for an EFL Championship team 

played for England at under 16 (scored in every game) U17 (scored 5 in 10 appearances) and U19 (scored 3 in 6 appearances)

I may well have to be honest....

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

:tu:

MW started off well I agree .... but he was not the current board's first choice .... I was behind him and liked the style of play he introduced .... but his choice of players were later to be his downfall .... this has been proven to this day and PC has been left to pick up the pieces of the previous manager's underestimating the task at hand in the premiership .... that is why I stated the inexperience lay with both the board and the manager .... the board's part being that they trusted in what they thought was the right thing ...  we all did I suppose ... unfortunately for us all  .... it wasn't ..... now we have PC who is also inexperienced in the premiership and also to the Scottish game .... hopefully he can change things round.

AMcC was the previous board's long headache .... as you rightly supposed .... it's been a shitty time for us all these last ±6 seasons mate ... it's surely got to improve ..... :lol:

:UK:

You wonder if a Warburton 'type' manager had been brought in as soon as we were demoted and had three seasons to build things up from the bottom with young players where we'd be now....?

All conjecture I know, but those initial seasons in the lower divisions were a completely wasted opportunity IMO.

We keep having to start from fucking scratch when we should have had solid foundations in years ago!  Breaks your bloody heart!!:headwall:

3 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

You wonder if a Warburton 'type' manager had been brought in as soon as we were demoted and had three seasons to build things up from the bottom with young players where we'd be now....?

All conjecture I know, but those initial seasons in the lower divisions were a completely wasted opportunity IMO.

The transfer embargo would have made any managers jobs difficult .

21 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

We keep having to start from fucking scratch when we should have had solid foundations in years ago!  Breaks your bloody heart!!:headwall:

All conjecture now maybe mate ... but as I recall with all the sanctions and the embargo ... youth would have been the route to go ... and a damn site cheaper ... what might have been right enough.

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

All conjecture now maybe mate ... but as I recall with all the sanctions and the embargo ... youth would have been the route to go ... and a damn site cheaper ... what might have been right enough.

Surely a 'decent' manager could have thrown a side together capable of climbing the leagues given Auchenhowie was available.  Just pisses me off that we appear to be starting again from scratch with the footballing side of things with not one player of any transfer value to have come through the journey with us.  I fucking shudder, honestly!

Off topic, I know....

Everything about Rangers recently seems to be high risk

A clear out is needed. We need to get rid of the deadwood. And while I don't like him making everything public it's already public knowledge. 

If he doesn't get the budget promised then that's the boards fault not his

He was on a hiding to nothing taking the job when he did stuck with the Warburton duds, so at least he has had a bit of time to run the rule over who is around and trim the squad accordingly, this has been a car crash of a season but imagine if he had taken over at the end of this season without that few months of a heads up, next season may well have been worse.

Wholesale changes are not ideal but imo its the lesser of the two evils and he has also had a few months to realise the fan demands etc etc.

25 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

21 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

The transfer embargo would have made any managers jobs difficult .

True mate .... but if we had perhaps had in place  what Steve suggested above ..... and went down that route it could have been very different ... plus as I recall players under a certain age were not affected with the transfer embargo .... and AMcC did manage to cobble a team together under these difficult circumstances ...and if he could the possibilities of someone like MW could have too ..... if only we had decided to build with young players .... we might be doing better today.

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

True mate .... but if we had perhaps had in place  what Steve suggested above ..... and went down that route it could have been very different ... plus as I recall players under a certain age were not affected with the transfer embargo .... and AMcC did manage to cobble a team together under these difficult circumstances ...and if he could the possibilities of someone like MW could have too ..... if only we had decided to build with young players .... we might be doing better today.

We could have only signed under 18s .and our best young players also left .

The fans want a clear out of the playing staff.  Pedro has made a statement that is in line with the fans views.  He's now being criticised on here for making those views public.  If he hadn't made those views public he would've gotten it in the neck just the same.  The guy can't win.

The club was in free fall when Pedro took over and I certainly wont blame our current manager for the state of our team.  I have no idea if Pedro's the right man for the job, and neither do most of you.  Chasing Pedro out now is madness because he could turn out to be a very capable manager.  He must be given at least one transfer window to rework this squad.

56 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

The real damage was done by the person who couldn't win the Challenge cup or get us out of the Championship.  Warburton then came in, got us promoted, raised our hopes massively then let us down BIGLY. 

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing 

Casto our minds back to beginning of the season.the concensus was that we had a decent window .crooks and windass full of promise .krancjaer and Barton top players with experience. Rossiter was a great deal with a huge future.even when tav was rumoured to be wanted by a Turkish club for 3m most fans said .gtf 

These were the opinions of most fans.same as what the management had .now we all know things didn't turn out the way we planned. 

Next season I'm sure we will be far far better equipped. PC won't be relying on the championship and lower for hidden gems .he will go with players from outwith the UK and maybe one or 2 home based players 

I wish him well .

In fairness mate is was just a wee look back at what might have been or could have been ... not trying to change the wheel ... and not trying to undermine PC.

It was an off topic whimsy nothing more.

24 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

Surely a 'decent' manager could have thrown a side together capable of climbing the leagues given Auchenhowie was available.  Just pisses me off that we appear to be starting again from scratch with the footballing side of things with not one player of any transfer value to have come through the journey with us.  I fucking shudder, honestly!

Off topic, I know....

McCoist didn't use Auchenhowie or even sign players young enough for us to develop.  His strategy was to buy a ready made team of experienced players, win the league we were in, then buy a new team for the next league.  When we dropped down to the 3rd Division we should've hired someone who was passionate about developing youth and building a team for future years.  The opportunity McCoist flushed away is something we'll never get back.

13 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

:lol:

I am well aware of what happened mate .... and to me a youth player is an under 18 player ... even though I am of the age group and opinion that "if you are good enough you are old enough" .... but I don't want to take this thread anymore off topic with you arguing every point even when I mostly agree  .... about something that never actually happened .... can we leave it at that? .... :tu:

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

50 goals in 129 appearances for an EFL Championship team 

played for England at under 16 (scored in every game) U17 (scored 5 in 10 appearances) and U19 (scored 3 in 6 appearances)

I may well have to be honest....

Around 30 if not more of those goals came in league 1. The season he left he'd banged in a grand total of 6 goals. Hardly makes you want to splash the cash

1 hour ago, loyalfollower said:

Thought Garner was a Fanny at Preston and have been proven correct, thats not the point though. If the board don't back the managers judgement then he shouldn't be in the job. The only way the board can block signings is to put recruitment down to a commitee or DOF, not many decent managers would accept that.

52 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

McCoist had a number of senior players return to the club for the start of division 3 including Alexander, Broadfoot, Goian, Bocanegra, Wallace, Little, Hutton, McCulloch, etc.  He was giving plenty of cash to strengthen on top of that.  His team were competing to win Scottish Division 3 it was more than enough.

3 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Yeah that's one aspect of Pedro I can't fault. I think he was testing them mentally when he said they were shitebags before the old firm game.

Some times players need to hear some home truths. I don't think the guy is dumb. He's seeing what they are made off. Even if some remain it should motivate them if they have any substance. Look at the reaction from Ally and Albertz when they got dropped. If it doesn't work then they are no use to a club like Rangers. Pedro's right about players needing a winning mentality and bottle. 

It's the way we've been playing that concerns me but I think there maybe some method to Pedro's madness. He's also seems to have sussed our media out from what I've seen and read yesterday.

If the board back him maybe he will prove to be better than I first thought. Hopefully our play improves before the end of the season so we can be a bit more confident going forward. I think the guy is maybe only focussing on what he has to work with and next season. Unless we continue to play rotten I'm going to try and cut him some slack because his strategy if I'm right makes sense.

It's just what we are seeing on the pitch that is doing my head in. Here's hoping it improves and we see some proper footballers being signed.

We need a bigger squad anyway so hopefully if we still have a lot of these clowns next season we are much less dependant upon them. That will be down to the board backing the guy. Any less than five players in and it's just going to be another shambles of a season.

Time to get the wallet out Mr King. You'll never be forgiven if we have to go through another season like this again because of cheap skating the team after all your promises.

I know mate, these players know they can't be dropped because of Warburton's small tight-knit squad ethos. The problem with that is the players know there's no one to come in and challenge them. I remember even at the start of his reign when there was a feelgood factor surrounding him I was concerned about his small squad rule. Probably part of what attracted King to him in the first place. 

Pedro certainly seems to have quickly gotten what the media are all about here, he treats them with the disdain they deserve. I like the fact he's not afraid to put them in their place from time to time. 

I'm genuinely excited about the type of player he's going to bring in (providing he gets a decent budget.) For years we've been missing a bit of strength in our midfield, someone who's not afraid of a tackle and putting himself about. What strikes me is Warburton knew we needed this type of player and said as much in early interviews, we've all saw it and said it and yet it was never addressed. Think of the Eustace situation and yet he never went out and tried to find someone in a similar mould, just one of his many failings.

For me the early signs are good, he's quickly starting to understand what it's all about being the Rangers manager. Just praying that he can rid us of some of the dross left over and is given enough to attract the type of players he's after. With a bit more mental strength in the team I can see a few of the squad coming on a bit. I still think we have some quality in there, just needs to be balanced out a bit. 

There's no risk in what he's said, players are shite and no heart in them, he's just telling the truth, if we can't shift everyone he wants to shift it makes no difference, these cunts are done it won't surprise me to see some of the pricks sit about on match day and train with the 15s just to pick up their pay checks. But better that than pretending they are here for anything other than money

2 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Everything about Rangers recently seems to be high risk

A clear out is needed. We need to get rid of the deadwood. And while I don't like him making everything public it's already public knowledge. 

If he doesn't get the budget promised then that's the boards fault not his

Hey Mr New Member!  Welcome to the site!

Now get yourself pledged on the fund list, or I'll call you a taig! :p:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/306989-rangersmedia-erskine-fund- new-season-new-membership-pledge-your-support-here/