Smile

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Sorry, but am I correct in assuming you do then believe this "establishment" has an agenda against our club?

I rarely ever read the rag mate, caught an article early about how bad our scouting network was, couldn't tell you if the guy who wrote it was pro or against. Read The Dude's article, wasn't blown away by it. Maybe times have changed but reporters were always stenographers for spin doctors, that much was apparent, Whether it's still the case and we're being out-spun or whether more folk at the top have an agenda, I honestly don't know. I pay little attention to the paper. 

What we do know about The Dude though, is that he is a Rangers fan, we also know that he is not being fed spin, because he's not a reporter, he's a blogger. 

9 minutes ago, dande101 said:

You do talk some shite mate.

I would prefer someone who has the nous to stand up and be counted and at least try and defend our club and fans (well the majority).

He doesn't have the platform for that though!

2 minutes ago, Weird_Beard said:

I rarely ever read the rag mate, caught an article early about how bad our scouting network was, couldn't tell you if the guy who wrote it was pro or against. Read The Dude's article, wasn't blown away by it. Maybe times have changed but but reporters were always stenographers for spin doctors, that much was apparently, Whether it's still the case and we're being out-spun or whether more folk at the top have an agenda, I honestly don't know. I pay little attention to the paper. 

What we do know about The Dude though, is that he is a Rangers fan, we also know that he is not being fed spin, because he's not a reporter, he's a blogger. 

I seldom read them myself, stopped quite a while back, mostly due to the current version of "impartial" reporting. Whether thats from the top, middle or bottom, to me personally at the time it was obvious. Any articles i do read from links on here show nothing has changed, infact its got worse, and the only time theres a break from it is when we're being fed some nonsense from our own side or from the club. 

Im not being overy critical of TheDude, he's obviously put the effort in and I cant say i recall strongly disagreeing with him, but what I am wary of is being presented as the voice of the fans. Not by him, but by DR.

Hes not the voice of the fans, the fans voices will never be heard because of what you alluded to in your post. Which is why I asked you. Yes, thedudes articles are well written, he makes good points, its well structured, and the points he makes will generally have most of us noddin away in agreement. But he wont ever touch on some of the serious issues effecting our club. Hes said himself that he has free reign to write what he wants, but then quickly points out he cant write certain things or he'll be out on his arse. I agree, and I sympathise. But hes just another pawn in a big game, like it or not. 

Ofcourse its good to have a fan in the papers writing from a fans perspective. Most people including me wish him well on that. I look forward to reading more of his articles, id imagine it difficult trying to type with blinkers on.

17 minutes ago, Weird_Beard said:

He doesn't have the platform for that though!

He has the platform too express the views of the majority of Rangers fans (us) but if he wants water it down and keep his boss happy then so be it.

17 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Actually he does. It's his blog.

But he won't do that now because he is getting paid to write nice football stuff. Just saying.

"I made a G today," but you made it in a sleazy way
Selling crack to the kids
"I gotta get paid!", well hey, but that's the way it is - Tupac

If Emmanuel Kant spent most of his lifetime philosophising about Morality and didn't really get anywhere (which is fine, since philosophy is generally a rabbit hole anyway) then I dare say we won't get anywhere soon on a football forum. If the lad wants to make a buck doing something most would like to do (write about our club and football) then who's place is it really for others to say he shouldn't do it.

Why should the onus of taking up the fight be down to him? Where he won't I'm sure someone else will, so shouldn't we just let him get on doing what he does without criticism?

Just now, Weird_Beard said:

"I made a G today," but you made it in a sleazy way
Selling crack to the kids
"I gotta get paid!", well hey, but that's the way it is - Tupac

If Emmanuel Kant spent most of his lifetime philosophising about Morality and didn't really get anywhere (which i fine, since philosophy is generally a rabbit hole anyway) then I dare say we won't get anywhere soon on a football forum. If the lad wants to make a buck doing something most like to do (write about our club and football) then who's place is it really for others to say he shouldn't do it.

Why should the onus of taking up the fight be down to him? Where he won't I'm sure someone else will, so shouldn't we just let him get on doing what he does without criticism?

He doesn't need to take up any fight.  It's not encumbent upon him to do anything.  But like it or lump it, he has taken up the position of the tame rangers blogger for the DR. A thick skin is in order.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

He doesn't need to take up any fight.  It's not encumbent upon him to do anything.  But like it or lump it, he has taken up the position of the tame rangers blogger for the DR. A thick skin is in order.

With that I can agree, but I think it's harsh and a lot of criticism was aimed at him because people are expecting more than he can possibly offer, which is both unrealistic and unwarranted. 

23 minutes ago, WWTC said:

I seldom read them myself, stopped quite a while back, mostly due to the current version of "impartial" reporting. Whether thats from the top, middle or bottom, to me personally at the time it was obvious. Any articles i do read from links on here show nothing has changed, infact its got worse, and the only time theres a break from it is when we're being fed some nonsense from our own side or from the club. 

Im not being overy critical of TheDude, he's obviously put the effort in and I cant say i recall strongly disagreeing with him, but what I am wary of is being presented as the voice of the fans. Not by him, but by DR.

Hes not the voice of the fans, the fans voices will never be heard because of what you alluded to in your post. Which is why I asked you. Yes, thedudes articles are well written, he makes good points, its well structured, and the points he makes will generally have most of us noddin away in agreement. But he wont ever touch on some of the serious issues effecting our club. Hes said himself that he has free reign to write what he wants, but then quickly points out he cant write certain things or he'll be out on his arse. I agree, and I sympathise. But hes just another pawn in a big game, like it or not. 

Ofcourse its good to have a fan in the papers writing from a fans perspective. Most people including me wish him well on that. I look forward to reading more of his articles, id imagine it difficult trying to type with blinkers on.

Well put across. Unfortunately the blame falls with the naivety of the readership if they accept that he maybe the voice of the fans. It is up to them to understand that opinions are subjective and I'm sure that's all he will be doing. I would be very surprised if he had free reign though, everything most likely must pass the editor.  

16 minutes ago, Weird_Beard said:

Well put across. Unfortunately the blame falls with the naivety of the readership if they accept that he maybe the voice of the fans. It is up to them to understand that opinions are subjective and I'm sure that's all he will be doing. I would be very surprised if he had free reign though, everything most likely must pass the editor.  

Id imagine his articles in the DR will atleast mention "fans view". Yes, fans view on footballing matters ok'd by agenda driven editors. 

The concern would be that any voice the fans do have is drowned out or muffled by the establishments coin. If bloggers wish to concentrate solely on football matters, tactics, youth development then fine, good luck to them. It tends to be the ones asking the real questions and approach the wider variety of issues who gain the following. One of those issues, is the blatant impartial journalism and coverage of our club. 

I asked you earlier if you believed the DR was an agenda driven establishment. It is, ofcourse it is. Ask yourself, why would an agenda driven establishment welcome the so called voice of the fans? 

Important principles should be inflexible. 

20 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Didn't stop him presenting him with a prize at some do if the pictures I've seen are true.

I know your post was a joke but in all seriousness they are all a bit fucking disgusting. How can there be an open secret of child abuse at your club? It really is disgusting that nothing was done and then the guy gets remployed and comes back to repeat his his crimes.

Same with Hibs not alerting us to the guy who we got rid off and reported. It really is vulgar was whats been allowed to happen in football. These clubs have allowed child abuse to carry on when they could have blown the whistle. Celtic have allowed by the same guy twice at their club.

Not once but twice did they let someone back Torbett and Cairney were both allowed back.