*****Q1 Progrès Niederkorn Q2 AEL Limassol*****

Rangers_no1

Been a season full of negatives, but after everything we've been through over the last 5 or so years, a positive is we're back in Europe! Obviously the main priority is retaining the championship and getting back into the Champions league. However, thought would create this thread to keep updated on potential teams and a guide on the qualification process. Four rounds to make the group stage. Will know more details over the coming weeks.

Qualifying rounds

*Europa League matches are primarily Thursday nights, but qualifying matches can regularly occur on Tuesdays and Wednesdays*

First qualifying round - Leg 1, 27th-29th June and Leg 2, 4th-6th July. Draw to be made on 19th June

Second qualifying round - Leg 1, 11th-13th July and Leg 2, 18th-20th July. Draw to be made on 19th June

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2018/draws/round=2000886/index.html - DRAW STREAM HERE

Third qualifying round - Leg 1, 25th-27th July and Leg 2, 1st-3rd August. Draw to be made on 14th July

Play-off round - Leg 1, 15th-17th August and Leg 2, 22nd-24th August. Draw to be made on 4th August

Potential opponents(To be regularly updated) 

First qualifying round - Spots to be confirmed in the coming weeks in other European competitions

Široki Brijeg(Bosnia) Fola Esch(Luxembourg) Differdange 03(Luxembourg) Shkëndija(Macedonia) Pyunik Yerevan(Armenia) Nova Gorica(Slovenia) Mladost Lučani(Serbia) Shamrock Rovers(Ireland)  Partizani Tirana(Albania) Flora Tallinn(Estonia) Chikhura Sachkhere(Georgia) Jelgava(Latvia) SJK(Finland) Cork City(Ireland) Zeta(Montengro) B36 Tórshavn(Faroes) 

Ružomberok(Slovakia) Derry City(Ireland) Liepāja(Latvia) VPS(Finland) Valur(Iceland) Vasas(Hungary) Atlantas(Lithuania) Sūduva Marijampolė(Lithuania) Torpedo Kutaisi(Georgia) Trakai(Lithuania) Tre Penne(San Marino) Bala Town(Wales) Dinamo Batumi(Georgia) NSÍ Runavík(Faroes) Balzan(Malta) Connah's Quay Nomads(Wales) Bangor City(Wales) 

Progrès Niederkorn(Luxembourg) Pelister(Macedonia) Folgore(San Marino) Floriana(Malta) Coleraine(Northern Ireland) Ballymena United(Northern Ireland) KÍ(Faroes) St Joseph's(Gilbraltar) Sant Julià and UE Santa Coloma(Andorra) Zaria Bălți(Moldova) Gandzasar Kapan(Armenia) and Lincoln Red Imps(Gibraltar) 

Second qualifying round

Spoiler

Astra Giurgiu(Romania) Austria Vienna(Austria) Hajduk Split(Croatia) Apollon Limassol(Cyprus) Mladá Boleslav (Czech Rep) Brøndby(Denmark) Gabala(Azerbaijan) Utrecht(Holland) Panionios(Greece) and a large selection of teams from Q1

So would people prefer to draw a British/Irish club, short trip to Europe or a long trip abroad?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

We need to play 8 games to get to the group stages?

I reckon we'll get past the 1st, & 2nd, rounds but slip up in the next round. Or we'll lose an injury time goal, in the final qualifier, that knocks us out. So Near Yet So Far Away!

Yeah 8 games, really big ask especially as it's possible to draw someone like Fenerbache/Galatasary in qual 2!

1 hour ago, LochendBilly said:

Will the travel club be up and running again? Will everyone have to start from scratch?

Wish I could give any sort on insight on this, but honestly have no clue. A few on here would be able to gather such information, hopefully someone can clarify this as it's an extremely important question.

Ideally, I think i'd take the easiest teams possible, and the shortest trips possible, certainly in the early rounds. We're going to be right up against it from the get go, so the least inconvenient route, on and off the park would do for me. Once we are able to get players up to speed, and hopefully recruit well we'll be all set for the start of the league campaign and then the latter stages of Europa League qualification.

A wee update on the first qualifying round.

102 teams enter this round, 51 are seeded. As things stands 49 teams will have a lower seeding than us with a possible 18 further spots still to be determined that could have a lower coefficient. So, we would be very unlucky not to sneak into the top seeds in Q1.

I'd take anywhere that has a budget airline flying to it. 

I cannot wait to have something to look forward to on a Thursday. 

We are going to qualify. I expect got a good feeling about. 

Please note, I also had a good feeling about last week to. 

1 hour ago, Cam1872 said:

I'd take anywhere that has a budget airline flying to it. 

I cannot wait to have something to look forward to on a Thursday. 

We are going to qualify. I expect got a good feeling about. 

Please note, I also had a good feeling about last week to. 

Even the budget airlines smack a couple of digits on the price when it comes to european games.

On 2017-5-7 at 7:55 PM, james_85 said:

Do they not try regionalize the first couple of rounds which means we will end up playing a team from Ireland, Wales or Scandinavia

No mate, goes into 9 groups of 10 teams and one group of 12 teams. 5/6 seeds and 5/6 unseeded teams and the computer splits the groups into as equal standard of ranking as possible.

Nice to be back regardless of how low scale and short lived it will most likely be.

Even if we get to 2nd/3rd round and land a difficult team, its financially a start in terms of any TV money and gate receipts we get, seems we need every and any penny just now.

Hopeful Pedro can built a more efficient team.

On 2017-5-7 at 7:07 PM, BEE said:

We're going to Lyon. Wee Jay as mascot to show we're not bigots.

Seen that wee guy for the 1000th time again in the media gettin a visit from brenda. Why is it just him that gets all the coverage?? There no other kids out there fs!? Or does that not suit the agenda. Lotta shite. 

Archived