*****Q1 Progrès Niederkorn Q2 AEL Limassol*****

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cunts saying they're not excited  It's not about who we're playing. It's our return to European competition after 5 years in the gutter.  

Been a season full of negatives, but after everything we've been through over the last 5 or so years, a positive is we're back in Europe! Obviously the main priority is retaining the championship and

Posted Images

2 hours ago, B1872 said:

Also apparently the first round draws are regionalised so we can get teams from the following countries: NI, Wales, ROI, Faroes, Iceland, Finland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia or Luxembourg.

I had thought this as well, the point being it is the smaller clubs like from Wales that enter at this stage and its to save them not losing money by not get a draw against a team that could end up with an 8 hour to back and beyond. 

1 hour ago, james_85 said:

I had thought this as well, the point being it is the smaller clubs like from Wales that enter at this stage and its to save them not losing money by not get a draw against a team that could end up with an 8 hour to back and beyond. 

Would make sense if smaller teams from Wales and Norn Ireland draw us that they move the games to a bigger stadium as they'll make a fortune. I genuinely believe we could fill Wrexham's stadium and Windsor Park if we are drawn against teams from they countries.

falkirkNS likes this

Ideal to get a Welsh/Irish team in R1.

Little travelling involved and an early test against British (type) opponents. 

Would be nice to get a glamour tie (Galatasaray, Milan) but the Europa League group stage would really put us back on the map. 

Pedro's experience of different European styles gives me confidence that we can give it a go against mid level opposition.

Bring them all on though. 

B1872 and born a blue nose like this
15 minutes ago, B1872 said:

For the travel club? Thought it all started from scratch!

Like fuck it does.

I'm near maximum, and then 5 years later some wee Fud leaves the school and decides "Fuck this. I'm for a foray intae Europe this year noo that I get brew money"!

Points are carried over.

spireblue likes this
21 hours ago, B1872 said:

Also apparently the first round draws are regionalised so we can get teams from the following countries: NI, Wales, ROI, Faroes, Iceland, Finland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia or Luxembourg.

I heard they were regionalised but where did you get the exact countries from? Never seen that list before.

3 hours ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

I heard they were regionalised but where did you get the exact countries from? Never seen that list before.

Got it off FF! Probably end up in Kazakhstan ?

There are no rules covering regionalisation since 2009 although it is rumoured that we are grouped in the Northern Region and can therefore get teams from  - Belgium, Denmark, England, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, NI, Norway, Sweden and Wales.

However if you look at the first two rounds that Scottish teams entered back to 2012/13 they have drawn teams from

Estonia, Luxembourg, Denmark, Latvia (twice) Malta, Armenia, Macedonia, Romania, Croatia, Iceland, Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway and Turkey

As this goes back to 2012 some of the countries have increased their co-efficent and I think there is more teams in the pot however it still seems that we could be drawn outwith this pot. Although no one has been drawn against a team from NI or Wales in the last 5 years.

21 hours ago, B1872 said:

Would make sense if smaller teams from Wales and Norn Ireland draw us that they move the games to a bigger stadium as they'll make a fortune. I genuinely believe we could fill Wrexham's stadium and Windsor Park if we are drawn against teams from they countries.

Windsor would be a sell out

B1872 likes this

The draw is not officially under a system of using regions.

However last year it was as close to the regional criteria as possible for North teams, the issue arrives that there's not a correct split of North, Central and South teams. Q1 there was 18 seeds classed as north and 20 non seeds. Dinamo Minsk and Shakhtior Saligorsk from Belarus were added to have it 20/20 the first 4 groups of 10 teams in last years draw. This year there's 15 north seeds and 23 non seeds. So if similar to last year, then we would draw one of following 23 teams;

Shamrock Rovers, Flora Tallinn, FK Jelgava, SJK Seinäjoki, Cork City, B36 Torshavn, Derry City, FK Liepaja, VPS Vaasa, Valur Reykjavik, Atlantas Klaipeda, Suduva Marijampole, FK Trakai, Bala Town, NSI Runavik, Connah's Quay, Bangor City, CS Fola Esch, Differdange 03, Progrès Niederkorn, Coleraine, Ballymena United and KI Klaksvik

However in 15-16 season it didn't work out like that as Aberdeen and St Johnstone had teams from Armenia, Albania and Macedonia in their group. 

3 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

So we should be home first leg? Given that we are seeded?

16 minutes ago, cp9 said:

I'm assuming it's luck whether we're home 1st leg or second?

All depends on the draw.

Posted these in here as other thread has turned into irrelevant conversation.