Europa League Seeding

Rangers have been given 3.785 coefficient points for next season, being Scotland's basic seeding figure.

Although it has still to be confirmed, it looks likely that the club will be seeded in QR1, but unseeded in QR2.

It is likely that the first round opponents will come from northern Europe, e.g. the Baltics, Iceland, Wales or Ireland.  Thereafter the standard will rise and second round opponents could come from higher ranked countries like the Netherlands, Turkey, Switzerland, Greece etc., so the route to the groups will be pretty difficult.

It's worth keeping an eye on Bert Kassies site as it is updated with teams as they qualify over the next two or three weeks..

https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedel2017.html

The first round draw is on 19 June, with the ties played on 29 June and 6 July.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Completely unwelcome distraction at the moment that European shit.

Yeah. We were playing fucking Haggis Utd in stadiums that resembled a nuclear waste dump not too long ago so Rangers back in European games is a massively unwelcome distraction.hDltv4t.png.a9c304ade83a260b2927e1c32e0808f2.png

FFS what are the two of you on about?

We're struggling to win against shite teams in the SPL just now. We just secured 4th place in it.

We simply don't have the resources for a European campaign and at this point in what I'd like to think is our comeback it's surely not worth wasting time getting too excited about having one.

1 minute ago, theblueoysterbar said:

We're struggling to win against shite teams in the SPL just now. We just secured 4th place in it.

We simply don't have the resources for a European campaign and at this point in what I'd like to think is our comeback it's surely not worth wasting time getting too excited about it.

To an extent yes but we need to start somewhere and this gives us our first steps and exposure back to where we belong and any financial bonus that comes with it.

Pumped or not, this is simply another stage in our recovery from the dreary depths of Scottish football that we've been through the past 5 years.

Got to find at least some positivity I think.

Just now, BearInTheWood said:

To an extent yes but we need to start somewhere and this gives us our first steps and exposure back to where we belong and any financial bonus that comes with it.

Pumped or not, this is simply another stage in our recovery from the dreary depths of Scottish football that we've been through the past 5 years.

Got to find at least some positivity I think.

Away and throw shite at the moon mate.

3 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Away and throw shite at the moon mate.

I'll leave that to you. Heard all about your shite fetish mate.

I for one am looking forward to dodging bullets and suicide bombers in some far off wasteland who's teams somehow qualify as part of Europe :tu:

8 minutes ago, BearInTheWood said:

I'll leave that to you. Heard all about your shite fetish mate.

I for one am looking forward to dodging bullets and suicide bombers in some far off wasteland who's teams somehow qualify as part of Europe :tu:

Playing the Army card? Best of luck. :taig:

1 hour ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Completely unwelcome distraction at the moment that European shit.

Yeah fuck that! We need to concentrate on getting third place.

We've been to some shit holes in the past few years, so if some Bears want to discuss Europe, LET THEM BE!

1 minute ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Yeah fuck that! We need to concentrate on getting third place.

We've been to some shit holes in the past few years, so if some Bears want to discuss Europe, LET THEM BE!

You're clearly a bit mad as well. Always thought you were alright, so it's a bit confusing .

Just now, theblueoysterbar said:

You're clearly a bit mad as well. Always thought you were alright, so it's a bit confusing .

I'm an alright mad bastard! 

We, as a support, have been in a deep, dark, depression, the past few years. We've just been humped, not once, but twice, off our greatest rivals. Some fans can see a smidgen of light, in the near future, and you want to deprive them of that light? I don't believe in any gods, but LET THERE BE LIGHT!!

3 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

so it's a bit confusing .

Yep you're clearly the confused one here.

We are Rangers and the day we stop getting excited about European football, no matter what stage we're currently at, is the day i quit.

No Surrender WATP :UK::rangers:

7 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I'm an alright mad bastard! 

We, as a support, have been in a deep, dark, depression, the past few years. We've just been humped, not once, but twice, off our greatest rivals. Some fans can see a smidgen of light, in the near future, and you want to deprive them of that light? I don't believe in any gods, but LET THERE BE LIGHT!!

Am simply saying that now is not the time. We struggle against shit SPL teams just now. I do not see what some venture into Europe could possibly add to next season. If you want to go and have a pint in a European city, just pick one and go there for a weekend.

It's just madness to think that we're in any sort of position just now to be kicking a ball about in Europe.

6 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Am simply saying that now is not the time. We struggle against shit SPL teams just now. I do not see what some venture into Europe could possibly add to next season. If you want to go and have a pint in a European city, just pick one and go there for a weekend.

It's just madness to think that we're in any sort of position just now to be kicking a ball about in Europe.

facepalm.gif

1 hour ago, theblueoysterbar said:

We simply don't have the resources for a European campaign and at this point in what I'd like to think is our comeback it's surely not worth wasting time getting too excited about having one.

Yer absolutely right mate, we are having trouble with our domestic campaign so we should ignore the fact we have European football to look forward to after the last 5 years of tribulations.  :sarcasm:

Get a fucking grip, we deserve this..... Nay, we have earned this through dogged support and loyalty.  It's not what we wanted but it's what we have and it is to be enjoyed. 

11 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

'Am' simply saying you're a mongo

5 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

Yer absolutely right mate, we are having trouble with our domestic campaign so we should ignore the fact we have European football to look forward to after the last 5 years of tribulations.  :sarcasm:

Get a fucking grip, we deserve this..... Nay, we have earned this through dogged support and loyalty.  It's not what we wanted but it's what we have and it is to be enjoyed. 

giphy-1.gif.8e4e382774f075f4d5e89b31b241a4e0.gif

4 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

You're trying to take away our dreams mate!

Manchester 2008. It took me many days to convince my wife that I was well enough, to make it there and back (I wasn't too worried about making it back, I just wanted to be there, with my son) even though I had already booked the flights and hotel, near Bolton, on the night of our semi final victory. 

She let us go because she understood, eventually, what it really meant to us, and that there might never be another one in my lifetime. Don't take our dreams away, it's all we have just now, please????