BT taking all Scottish games off Sky

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Haud the bus, Sky can't compete with BT financially? You serious?

If you take just the parts with income from tv , internet and telephones I think BT is larger. I would imagine it is from their legacy as a telephone provider

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

UK law forbids it. "Crown Jewels" or some shit

It's probably the same in most countries, I would guess. Except maybe the USA because they have no care for anything other than the commercial money.

13 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I refuse to buy BT cause of Sutton.  I used to have it and told them the reason I was cancelling was him.

They gave not one fuck to be honest

They won't get rid of him because he gets people talking just the same way that did O'Leary at Ryanair used to, any publicity is good publicity

If it goes through it's probably going to be an extra £10-12m. Split that between teams and it's not going to make much difference although every little counts I suppose.

Viewing figures in the U.K. for old firm games are shite. Nowhere near Sky's highest viewing figures of the year.

1 minute ago, folkestoneger said:

If you take just the parts with income from tv , internet and telephones I think BT is larger. I would imagine it is from their legacy as a telephone provider

Aye, it's larger if you cherry pick the bits that suit and compare it

39 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

SKY can't compete with BT? ... I could be wrong but I'd have thought it was the other way around.

Any games BT take is the ones SKY don't want. Make no mistake. 

BT would be doing SKY a favour taking the Scottish games. Why does Scotland think we're owed something from SKY? this wee Highlander mentality is mental. It's a pish product. If you feel strongly about it cancel your SKY subscription or something.

Sky use BTs network and pay them for it. Basically, every customer sky, talk talk or anybody else (outwith vjrgin media) has. A slice goes to BT. They are also an establishment company and a lot of their contracts are part government funded as well.

3 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

If the SFA had someone decent heading it up they should be approaching BT and the clubs with the view that if BT invests heavily the clubs use the cash to improve the facilities and bring in higher quality players, thus improving the product quality

That's the dream right there. Seeing the league as a whole improve in both quality and attendance would be great to see. If done right it would stand to massively benefit BT as well as Scottish football. 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye you're right. 21st Century Fox can't compete with BT

BT make money off of every single Sky and any other providers package customers via phoneline rental, while keeping all profit of their own customers.

BT sport in the game 14 weeks at time and makes an offer high enough that they knew would seal all the CL rights for 3 years. They'll take the old firm games easily if they want to.

10 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

Nope. They can't.

Don't argue way this guy don't u know he knows everything and whatever anyone else says matters not a jot. I knew he would've came in and pounced on what u said and he's now trying to tell everyone else how things work between companies. 

Just now, BlueBearz1990 said:

BT make money off of every single Sky and any other providers package customers via phoneline rental, while keeping all profit of their own customers.

BT sport in the game 14 weeks at time and makes an offer high enough that they knew would seal all the CL rights for 3 years. They'll take the old firm games easily if they want to.

They'd only been in the game 14 weeks if you completely ignore the existence of ESPN UK & Ireland (who they bought and rebranded as BT Sport). They paid considerably over market value for the CL while falling massively short for the majority of the PL tv packages

10 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

If the SFA had someone decent heading it up they should be approaching BT and the clubs with the view that if BT invests heavily the clubs use the cash to improve the facilities and bring in higher quality players, thus improving the product quality

We need stadiums filled as that's the worst thing when u can hear managers shouting "doon the wing a telt ye" if bt put dough in then the price of tickets should come down a bit and try and get arses on seats. 

Just now, 55Bear said:

That's the dream right there. Seeing the league as a whole improve in both quality and attendance would be great to see. If done right it would stand to massively benefit BT as well as Scottish football. 

Definitely, if there was contracts written so the clubs had to meet targets to recive the next payment, eg all clubs to have a designated training/accademy in place by 20/20, each club has to have so many international players, Old firm limited to (insert number) domestic transfers to stop us and celtic destroying teams that are competitive with the view of the limitation being removed once there is a better product.

I also think the TV company should have more cameras at games, when you watch an EPL game and see a controversial moment covered by every angle then you watch a Scottish game where you see it from 3 angles if your lucky it's like night and day the difference

BT Sport is much better than Sky Sports nowadays. The European football show for example is far better than anything sky has got to offer. 

I've been at every one of our games this season right enough so can't comment on their coverage of our games but at least BT have a decent highlights show for the SPFL whereas sky give us every game packed into a shitty 15 minute highlight package. 

10 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

We need stadiums filled as that's the worst thing when u can hear managers shouting "doon the wing a telt ye" if bt put dough in then the price of tickets should come down a bit and try and get arses on seats. 

That's why the SFA should be consulting with thier German counterparts and seeing how it's done

9 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

That could also be a contractual agreement with the clubs to give them an incentive to be Pro active filling the stands