BT taking all Scottish games off Sky

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You've compared Sky with BT group (including EE) ?

You're getting way lost in the detail here bud, we could go on for days about what company includes what. The point is if BT was owned by some monster company in the States we'd still be comparing Sky with BT. 

For me BT sport  is utter shite as for them taking all the scottish games off sky if there mad enough to pay over the top for shite let them only games am intrested in is oors (which i go 2) cant see many ppl watching ross county v killie ect only reason  they will be trying to do it is because of the old firm games.

Some ppl say we dont get enough money from sky but lets be honest the fitba in scotland is honking.

6 minutes ago, DavieAyrshire said:

For me BT sport  is utter shite as for them taking all the scottish games off sky if there mad enough to pay over the top for shite let them only games am intrested in is oors (which i go 2) cant see many ppl watching ross county v killie ect only reason  they will be trying to do it is because of the old firm games.

Some ppl say we dont get enough money from sky but lets be honest the fitba in scotland is honking.

Increase the sponsorship increase the product my friend 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I stand corrected. That's a shock to me but fair enough. 

I thought SKY blew everyone else out the water.

If Scottish football knows what's good for it then it will keep on the good side of BT then and not make ridiculous demands and be greedy bastards.

BT total revenue, the company is made up of a number of different subsidiaries delivering varied services most of which are not satellite tv

1 minute ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Increase the sponsorship increase the product my friend 

Sure i get that but your talking about a hell of alot of money to make the product better the scottish game has been on its arse for years i cant see a company putting x amount in for no return and tbh with crowds under 5k at spl sides its a joke

3 hours ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

Wonder if this will make a somewhat difference to income if it happens, consideration the old firm games will give Sky one of their highest sport viewing audiences multiple times a season from now on, as it has done before. They'd no doubt continue giving the league pennies for it in return if they keep it.

Sky obviously can't compete with BT financially and they didn't even try to outbid them when they swiped the CL rights away from them, and BT will be well aware of the views they could have with 4+ old firm games a season, so not surprised they're wanting to have them.

Hopefully a successful BT deal would do us good. Sick of us getting fuck all from Sky - they keep Scotland on poverty row while pumping ridiculous amounts into the prem.

Sky refused to be held to ransom and let BT  pay WELL over the odds for the champions league , they'll bide their time in the hope BT goes tits up and failing that will be back to compete for CL imo. 

3 hours ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

If the SFA had someone decent heading it up they should be approaching BT and the clubs with the view that if BT invests heavily the clubs use the cash to improve the facilities and bring in higher quality players, thus improving the product quality

That's what Sky did for English football. Although they have a better basic structure due to a good spread of biggish clubs. It would be a lot cheaper to make Scottish football decent though but no doubt we'll only get a slight increase and have to keep limping along.

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

SKY can't compete with BT? ... I could be wrong but I'd have thought it was the other way around.

Any games BT take is the ones SKY don't want. Make no mistake. 

BT would be doing SKY a favour taking the Scottish games. Why does Scotland think we're owed something from SKY? this wee Highlander mentality is mental. It's a pish product. If you feel strongly about it cancel your SKY subscription or something.

What's the "Wee Highlander Mentality" shit?

It's all you Lowland Sassenachs, that are always comparing our leagues with the English Leagues. You even copied all the fucking names of the English League Tables, when our leagues were reconstructed, to fuck us over, and make sure that the blue pound was shared among everyone else, before tossing us the change.

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

SKY can't compete with BT? ... I could be wrong but I'd have thought it was the other way around.

Any games BT take is the ones SKY don't want. Make no mistake. 

BT would be doing SKY a favour taking the Scottish games. Why does Scotland think we're owed something from SKY? this wee Highlander mentality is mental. It's a pish product. If you feel strongly about it cancel your SKY subscription or something.

Eh. Are you saying Sky don't want the champions league games?????

I was thinking about canceling my BTSports for next season. I'll have to hang on until it's an absolute certainty that they are getting exclusive coverage of Scottish games. 

There is one good thing if SKY don't show any more Scottish games, Andy Walker out of work. ??

43 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I was thinking about canceling my BTSports for next season. I'll have to hang on until it's an absolute certainty that they are getting exclusive coverage of Scottish games. 

There is one good thing if SKY don't show any more Scottish games, Andy Walker out of work. ??

cancel away, SKY have the rights until 2020 and exclusive Old Firm rights.

I can't stand SKY, they pay us peanuts and have did so for years and bullied Scottish teams into taking their undervalue offers.

back in 2008 they offered £125m for a 5 year deal (£25m p/y) while Setanta offered £125m for a 4 year deal (£31.25m p/y), we stupidly took Setantas offer despite the fact us them & the sheep strongly argued we shoud take the safe bet, by 2009 Setanta went tits up and pulled out the deal

SKY 'came to the rescue' and ended up offering us £65m for the same 5 year deal (£13m p/y) which was almost half what they offered the year before, us and them told the SPL to tell them to fuck off and wanted to buy the rights off the SPL ourselves for £25m p/y and then be free to sell it on as we pleased but SKY gave the SPL a 1 day deadline which was nowhere near enough time for the Old Firm to put a bid in place and the SPL clubs voted it through so we were stuck with this shite deal from 2010-11

BT can fuck off! If Chris sutton isnt enough to put you off then I don't know what is. That and the patronising as fuck title sequences and music as they assume we're all tartan trannies. Even without sutton the commentary is amateurish.

Sky is infinitely better. Commentary from guys like Neil McCann before he took the dundee job. People will disagree but Ian Crocker for me is the voice of the old firm. A proper dramatic voice. One that actually adds a but of excitement. As oppose to a voice on the other side that makes yer toenails grow in the way!

Sky give guys who can actually offer interesting views a job rather rewarding a monkey with a brain injury for just saying stuff to get a reaction and attention.

For me the camera work, graphics and overall product pishes all over BT.  

6 hours ago, MasterD said:

If it goes through it's probably going to be an extra £10-12m. Split that between teams and it's not going to make much difference although every little counts I suppose.

Viewing figures in the U.K. for old firm games are shite. Nowhere near Sky's highest viewing figures of the year.

This is what people in Scotland don't understand. Nobody outside of this country gives a fuck. 

1 hour ago, NixonRFC said:

cancel away, SKY have the rights until 2020 and exclusive Old Firm rights.

I can't stand SKY, they pay us peanuts and have did so for years and bullied Scottish teams into taking their undervalue offers.

back in 2008 they offered £125m for a 5 year deal (£25m p/y) while Setanta offered £125m for a 4 year deal (£31.25m p/y), we stupidly took Setantas offer despite the fact us them & the sheep strongly argued we shoud take the safe bet, by 2009 Setanta went tits up and pulled out the deal

SKY 'came to the rescue' and ended up offering us £65m for the same 5 year deal (£13m p/y) which was almost half what they offered the year before, us and them told the SPL to tell them to fuck off and wanted to buy the rights off the SPL ourselves for £25m p/y and then be free to sell it on as we pleased but SKY gave the SPL a 1 day deadline which was nowhere near enough time for the Old Firm to put a bid in place and the SPL clubs voted it through so we were stuck with this shite deal from 2010-11

They dont pay us peanuts

7 hours ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

If the SFA had someone decent heading it up they should be approaching BT and the clubs with the view that if BT invests heavily the clubs use the cash to improve the facilities and bring in higher quality players, thus improving the product quality

Shite

8 hours ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

Wonder if this will make a somewhat difference to income if it happens, consideration the old firm games will give Sky one of their highest sport viewing audiences multiple times a season from now on, as it has done before. They'd no doubt continue giving the league pennies for it in return if they keep it.

Sky obviously can't compete with BT financially and they didn't even try to outbid them when they swiped the CL rights away from them, and BT will be well aware of the views they could have with 4+ old firm games a season, so not surprised they're wanting to have them.

Hopefully a successful BT deal would do us good. Sick of us getting fuck all from Sky - they keep Scotland on poverty row while pumping ridiculous amounts into the prem.

Think you are way off the mark mate 

Bt are an abortion of a Company compared to Sky 

From simple things like their rancid customer service to their putrid pundits 

Sky other than the nauseating Jim White are first class 

With there Premiership and Spanish coverage alone .Who needs the hassle of a two bob non competitive  league 

The money we get from tv companies is always going to be chicken feed to the big boys now .We seen to that years ago 

43 minutes ago, gsa said:

This is what people in Scotland don't understand. Nobody outside of this country gives a fuck. 

Correct. What they don't understand even less is that next to no one takes a package out with either Sky or BT just so that they can see Scottish football. If sky lost coverage of Scottish football they would lose few customers which is why the contact is worth not a lot. English football on the other hand is the product that makes their packages appealing to customers, if SKY lost the rights to English football their customers would desert them pronto and that is the reason the rights to English football are so valuable. 

All this shit about the SFA being clueless is shit, when they negotiate with these companies they use outside consultants with media knowledge and know exactly what the product is worth