Card display help required V Hearts

6 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Nothing against them personally, would just rather the club didn't feel the need to start attention seeking for praise like this.

I really don't see how this attention seeking either - why can't this gesture be seen as another good, decent step in the same light as other gesture in the past? 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

:lol: Dubious left wing tarrier like charity. Honest to fuck.

And by the way, your tarrier-named Rangers charity guy has also raised cash for Armed Forces charities, Glasgow city mission night shelters, breast cancer, local community programs and probably other stuff. £4 million or something in total? But not your charity choice, and clearly that's all that matters.

I'm aware of them giving to Armed Forces but I honestly think it's just a token gesture so people like you can point it out to people like me when the issue is raised - obvious in fact now I think about it 

have you seen the local community stuff? Sending broxi bear to Sikh halls etc posing with coppers and Andy Halliday repressing govan etc .. no biggie but fuck all to shout about 

what's breast cancer etc got to do it with? They are good middle of the road causes that's neither here nor there - confused at that 

im even more convinced than I was before typing this reply out that the tarrier in charge of our foundation needs looked at 

5 minutes ago, govanblue said:

I get it.  Nobody  likes you.  You don't care. :tu:

'my club' 'my site'

You're a parody.

2 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

I really don't see how this attention seeking either - why can't this gesture be seen as another good, decent step in the same light as other gesture in the past? 

A gesture would be a silent donation, there's no need for this at all.

13 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Absolute nonsense.  1 wee ambulance.  1 irrelevant foodbank.  

Surely they can't outweigh all this...

0504-rangers-donation-695.jpg

Rangers2.png

kogr0257a.jpg?itok=zM9DhW7H

cheque_3.jpg?itok=u-moiop4

kogr0129.jpg?itok=RaJmeXsT

Rangers_medium.jpg

cheque_presentation.jpg?itok=yGl_anwG

JS107243612.jpg

tct.jpg

_45446048_beckham_ferguson_416.jpg

gcm-winter-night-shelter-wide.jpg

af2b59f4c15144726b9d4435048dbd19.jpg

hqscot-2016-071-0060.jpg?mh=447&mw=980&t

kogr0553-(2).jpg?mh=447&mw=980&thn=0&has

rangers.jpg

C_D6P8UUMAENJKF.jpg

That's page one.

1 wee ambulance 50-60k fuck right off .. how much does this charity take in annually for it to be one wee ambulance in your context? 2 million?

oh and I see UNICEF has been given 4 times as much as the armed force charity alone going on those pictures ... I was right with the token gesture wasn't I ?

Just now, K.A.I said:

I'm aware of them giving to Armed Forces but I honestly think it's just a token gesture so people like you can point it out to people like me when the issue is raised - obvious in fact now I think about it 

what's breast cancer etc got to do it with? They are good middle of the road causes that's neither here nor there - confused at that 

Pffff. 

What do you say to that?

Breast cancer, along with all of the rest of it, shows that they do wide ranging charity work. Not tarrier-left-wing whatever it was you said, but wide. Across all kinds of areas. It's just to show clearly, as is the rest, who and what you're criticising here, in the manner you are.

Top people. Difficult to come to any other conclusion. I'd have thought.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Might I suggest you phone any Home Manager at Erskine, and ask them how much support the club have given them this year, and every other year.  You don't get to hear about much of it.  But I do.  Then phone Combat Stress, then phone the Armed Forces Benevolent Fund.

Then once you've done that, ask them what they get from any other football club or its charity foundation?

My point with breast cancer is exactly that.  Good middle of the road, just like the vast majority of what RCF does.  You're letting 2 small items warp your overall judgement.

Just now, Frank Harrison said:

A gesture would be a silent donation, there's no need for this at all.

Yeah I know what you mean and I like that idea of people / organisations giving privately...seems more genuine. 

Pains me to see it but an ex scum player does exactly that, was surprised to say the least at his commitment and attitude etc.

However,  surely this viewpoint doesn't account for the level of resistance on display here? 

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Pffff. 

What do you say to that?

Breast cancer, along with all of the rest of it, shows that they do wide ranging charity work. Not tarrier-left-wing whatever it was you said, but wide. Across all kinds of areas. It's just to show clearly, as is the rest, who and what you're criticising here, in the manner you are.

Top people. Difficult to come to any other conclusion. I'd have thought.

See above - perfect example 

absolutely nailed in stone the evidence is there 

3 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Might I suggest you phone any Home Manager at Erskine, and ask them how much support the club have given them this year, and every other year.  You don't get to hear about much of it.  But I do.  Then phone Combat Stress, then phone the Armed Forces Benevolent Fund.

Then once you've done that, ask them what they get from any other football club or its charity foundation?

My point with breast cancer is exactly that.  Good middle of the road, just like the vast majority of what RCF does.  You're letting 2 small items warp your overall judgement.

I'm not talking about the club I'm taking about the charity foundation 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

1 wee ambulance 50-60k fuck right off .. how much does this charity take in annually for it to be one wee ambulance in your context? 2 million?

£34k

After an appeal from a British muslim politician, to help Syrian refugees landing in Lesbos, Greece, in need of emergency medical aid.  How is that tarrier anyway?

THE Old Firm have united to buy ambulances which will save the lives of desperate refugees pouring off boats into Lesbos.

Celtic and Rangers have paid £34,000 for two emergency response vehicles in a show of solidarity with those fleeing war.

The football giants answered a plea from the Glasgow Cares initiative founded by former Scottish Labour deputy leader Anas Sarwar.

He will drive one of the ambulances on a two-day trip across Europe to the island’s hamlet of Sykaminia where 4000 refugees a day are arriving in crowded dinghies.

The ambulances will provide emergency medical aid to refugees arriving after the four-mile “death strait” crossing from Turkey to Greece.

Just now, JukeBoxJohn said:

Frank is sound and follows the club everywhere and many on here can vouch for him tbh. 

So stop yer shite. 

Well he should act like it then.  Any time I see his name crop up, it's usually pretty negative.

Just now, govanblue said:

£34k

After an appeal from a British muslim politician, to help Syrian refugees landing in Lesbos, Greece, in need of emergency medical aid.  How is that tarrier anyway?

THE Old Firm have united to buy ambulances which will save the lives of desperate refugees pouring off boats into Lesbos.

Celtic and Rangers have paid £34,000 for two emergency response vehicles in a show of solidarity with those fleeing war.

The football giants answered a plea from the Glasgow Cares initiative founded by former Scottish Labour deputy leader Anas Sarwar.

He will drive one of the ambulances on a two-day trip across Europe to the island’s hamlet of Sykaminia where 4000 refugees a day are arriving in crowded dinghies.

The ambulances will provide emergency medical aid to refugees arriving after the four-mile “death strait” crossing from Turkey to Greece.

I must have imagined the bit on the Rangers website saying it donated the amount I said 

im out and on phone so will look later but when i find it I can see exactly how it will go down 

1 minute ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

Frank is sound and follows the club everywhere and many on here can vouch for him tbh. 

So stop yer shite. 

And mate,  I haven't even started my shite yet.  You'll recognise it when it starts. :p:

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

A million annually and the forces got 25k yup token gestures 

Do you know how the money was spent? Do you know why it was spent that way or are you just guessing based on someone's name? Do you know what the positive effect is of all of the money raised for each charity?

Maybe you should find out before ripping into folk that do this much work for other people.

Just now, K.A.I said:

I must have imagined the bit on the Rangers website saying it donated the amount I said 

im out and on phone so will look later but when i find it I can see exactly how it will go down 

Just out of interest is there anything related to our club you are happy about? 

Just now, Inigo said:

Do you know how the money was spent? Do you know why it was spent that way or are you just guessing based on someone's name? Do you know what the positive effect is of all of the money raised for each charity?

Maybe you should find out before ripping into folk that do this much work for other people.

I'm going on what govanblue posted with the pictures as evidence ya crackpot ... it's ok for them to be used as evidence in his argument but not mine? :lol: