Card display help required V Hearts

2 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

I don't see why we need to get our knickers in a knot if we do?? 

Just daft. Going to end up looking an absolute mess as well if it really is A4.

Like I said, leave it to the fans. The club not learned their lesson from the Going For 55 nonsense?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

But they're entirely to do with the point im making in response and it suits you to ignore what I'm saying 

I'm not ignoring it. I'm saying you can't judge it simply on a base figure without knowing the ins and outs of the kinds of questions I posted. I'll bet there are lots of other factors that determine where cash is spent too. Which is the other aspect of the difficulty in judging how a charity decides where money goes, on top of the difficult moral judgement.

Although I'm aware that I'm getting drawn into sounding like I care about the breakdown. I don't. It's charity work, it's good causes, it's worthwhile, and good on those doing it.

Just now, govanblue said:

You obviously don't understand us then! :p:

Glad I don't to be fair...Surely more important things at the club to be arguing over.  A small (ish) gesture that will last minute or two and be forgotten about quickly is hardly something to be greeting about.

1 minute ago, He's blue he's white said:

I don't see why we need to get our knickers in a knot if we do?? 

I don't see what the point of it is.

Why not just put some ads in the stadium or on the tops?

If this was something organised by fans or a fans group then I'd be fine with a display but it's something that's being pushed by the Club not the fans. For lack of a better term it's being "forced" on us.

I have no issue with unicef but if some fans do they shouldn't feel the need to partake in a display. 

Personally I'd rather the money from a Rangers charity go to issues at home rather than to refugees but that's not my main reason for not wanting the display

Just now, Inigo said:

I'm not ignoring it. I'm saying you can't judge it simply on a base figure without knowing the ins and outs of the kinds of questions I posted. I'll bet there are lots of other factors that determine where cash is spent too.

Although I'm aware that I'm getting drawn into sounding like I care about the breakdown. I don't. It's charity work, it's good causes, it's worthwhile, and good on those doing it.

We aren't that far apart going on that - I just get passionate about what we should be supporting and not 

trust me when I say I used to give hundreds every year even if I was out of work to the foundation but not now as it appears out foundation is a love us look at us set with populist priorities in line with leftist shite sorry if that doesn't sit right with you but it's how it comes across to me and it's my money and my account on here

about ten or my mates done the sleep over last year and i told them where to go whereas I'd usually put a good wack into that 

2 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

I don't see what the point of it is.

Why not just put some ads in the stadium or on the tops?

If this was something organised by fans or a fans group then I'd be fine with a display but it's something that's being pushed by the Club not the fans. For lack of a better term it's being "forced" on us.

I have no issue with unicef but if some fans do they shouldn't feel the need to partake in a display. 

Personally I'd rather the money from a Rangers charity go to issues at home rather than to refugees but that's not my main reason for not wanting the display

I guess people think this is an ideal way of raising awareness rather than leaflets etc.

Club, fans or whoever does it really mater?

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'll have a proper read of that when home and on laptop cheers 

It won't convert you.  I think you'd need to come along to the next RCF Fundraising night and have a long chat. 

There you'd meet some persuasive arguments.

Erskine_RDF3_zpsxhxm4poe.jpg

1 minute ago, govanblue said:

It won't convert you.  I think you'd need to come along to the next RCF Fundraising night and have a long chat. 

There you'd meet some persuasive arguments.

Erskine_RDF3_zpsxhxm4poe.jpg

Respect those old guys more than you can imagine mate but not my thing 

6 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

In line with similar organisations, they have a broad charter which requires their funds be donated across a variety of categories.  

Thus you will see we have International Partners, National Partners, Local Partners and Community Partners.  All sectors need to get a share.  That's how the Foundations work, and it's a requirement for their status.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Respect those old guys more than you can imagine mate but not my thing 

What old guys?

Oh right!  Hadn't noticed them! :p:

Tickets for that night were only £10, and everybody had a great night!

Just now, K.A.I said:

We aren't that far apart going on that - I just get passionate about what we should be supporting and not 

trust me when I say I used to give hundreds every year even if I was out of work to the foundation but not now as it appears out foundation is a love us look at us set with populist priorities in line with leftist shite sorry if that doesn't sit right with you but it's how it comes across to me and it's my money and my account on here

about ten or my mates done the sleep over last year and i told them where to go whereas I'd usually put a good wack into that 

This is why I said you should just pull your money and support another charity. At the end of the day, that's why there are lots of charities, so you have that choice. Other Bears will make the same choice and this organisation's charity raising success will go up and down with that. 

Being that the choice is there, I don't see the need to criticise these people, or any other charity, for not spending in any particular area. People power will logically mean that more money will go where people want it to go. So really, the people you should be angry at if you think the money is being spent on 'populist' or left wing stuff, are the public that make it populist by giving their money to the charity, certainly now that everyone knows roughly where the charity donates to.

I'd say you should be angry at left-wing populists (if that's what I am) like me, except that I don't donate to that charity.

Just now, Inigo said:

This is why I said you should just pull your money and support another charity. At the end of the day, that's why there are lots of charities, so you have that choice. Other Bears will make the same choice and this organisation's charity raising success will go up and down with that. 

Being that the choice is there, I don't see the need to criticise these people, or any other charity, for not spending in any particular area. People power will logically mean that more money will go where people want it to go. So really, the people you should be angry at if you think the money is being spent on 'populist' or left wing stuff, are the public that make it populist by giving their money to the charity, certainly now that everyone knows roughly where the charity donates to.

I'd say you should be angry at left-wing populists (if that's what I am) like me, except that I don't donate to that charity.

Again fair enough and yeah that's what I do 

I've found out the hard way more can get done just donating directly to the charities you like rather than a middle man like the foundation I guess there used to be a sense of ok it's Rangers let's pay into their charity but as another wee guy mentioned a few posts ago is there anything about the club I like at the moment and the answer is no including the foundation so I've wised up and donate my money to where I see fit 

still hope this display bombs though sorry but I do 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Again fair enough and yeah that's what I do 

I've found out the hard way more can get done just donating directly to the charities you like rather than a middle man like the foundation I guess there used to be a sense of ok it's Rangers let's pay into their charity but as another wee guy mentioned a few posts ago is there anything about the club I like at the moment and the answer is no including the foundation so I've wised up and donate my money to where I see fit 

Now that's something we can all agree on!

:thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Jim Hannah used to organise card displays.  He was the SLO. Would have expected new SLO to be involved.  

I expect the new SLO is involved.  But tbh, card displays sort themselves.  Pick a design, place the order, put out a tweet for volunteers, lay the cards out.  Not really much the new SLO would need to change there.

58 minutes ago, govanblue said:

In line with similar organisations, they have a broad charter which requires their funds be donated across a variety of categories.  

Thus you will see we have International Partners, National Partners, Local Partners and Community Partners.  All sectors need to get a share.  That's how the Foundations work, and it's a requirement for their status.

Don't start thinking you can win a debate with me using facts Mr Blue!

7 hours ago, thehost said:

A good point. However, i'd rather focus on the board who should know better re this display, the other stuff, the wee bloke concerned and the fucking lennon tap that we seem so proud of.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Tommy Sheridan get a role with us.

The fuckers simply do not have a fucking clue.

No way that Lennon top IS still up on the wall surely ? If IT IS thats a fucking joke, there should be a clause on any rental within the stadium that no other Scottish football colours are allowed to be on show within the rented space.

That video played at HT during the scum game was horrifying... Andy Halliday  telling everyone not to drop any litter in his most patronising voice possible. The sign "IBROX IS QUIET".... Its things like that which makes us look like the busted flush we're degenerating into. 

The folk that run our club JUST DON'T GET IT

20 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

That video played at HT during the scum game was horrifying... Andy Halliday  telling everyone not to drop any litter in his most patronising voice possible. The sign "IBROX IS QUIET".... Its things like that which makes us look like the busted flush we're degenerating into. 

The folk that run our club JUST DON'T GET IT

Those campaigns run outside other football grounds. It's quite right too. A certain number of fans don't seem to be able not to drop litter, piss in closes and park like twats outside the ground. I get that we're sensitive to criticism these days, totally understandable, but that doesn't mean that Rangers fans never do anything wrong and attempts to improve behaviour a little aren't worth it.

40 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Those campaigns run outside other football grounds. It's quite right too. A certain number of fans don't seem to be able not to drop litter, piss in closes and park like twats outside the ground. I get that we're sensitive to criticism these days, totally understandable, but that doesn't mean that Rangers fans never do anything wrong and attempts to improve behaviour a little aren't worth it.

Of course I agree with trying to improve fans behaviour outside grounds, even if its just not throwing litter around. 

I wonder if perhaps at half time when you're getting tanked by your biggest rivals isn't the most opportune moment for some patronising, infantilising shite from our moronic spiritual King.

Where's the 30 mill Dave - he's the one polluting Ibrox by flinging a lot of rubbish onto the park.... Boom boom.