Good luck to Morton

2 hours ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

I totally foroot that the winners of this tie had to play Falkirk next. The format of this playoff is ridiculous.

It's an absolute farce and heavily weighted in favour of 2nd last in the Premier league who only have to play two games.

Should just be a straight forward 2nd in the Championship plays 2nd bottom in the Premier league  over two legs. I would relegate 2 from the Premier league and promote 2 from the Championship and 3rd placed in the Championship plays 3rd bottom in the Premier league.

The split is also an abomination and sometimes you find teams in the bottom six end up with more points than some of the top six teams.

I would also increase the size of the Premier league to 19 teams and revert to just playing each team twice a season 36 games, That also boosts the finance of other clubs allowing them more money for players, But other clubs would complain about not getting enough of the blue pound and fuck the smaller clubs.

On 2017-5-9 at 10:45 PM, Aubie92 said:

Even more so when you consider the objective is to get into a twelve team league that splits info two groups of six after thirty three games. Trying to explain that to folk who aren't familiar with Scottish football must be a tad embarrassing. 

100 times better than the utter cluster fuck they proposed a few years back (and were  greeting when St. Mirren rejected it) 

16 minutes ago, Spectre said:

100 times better than the utter cluster fuck they proposed a few years back (and were  greeting when St. Mirren rejected it) 

I can't even remember what that was. There have been far too many stupid ideas floated about for league restructuring.  

4 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

I can't even remember what that was. There have been far too many stupid ideas floated about for league restructuring.  

Basically... Top division of 12, played for so long and then split into a top 8 who played for the title and then the bottom 4 started a new league with the top 4 from Championship (not sure what happened to the other teams, presumably they battled out to avoid relegation). This new group of 8 then had their points reset and played each other (maybe twice) and at the end the top 4 in the mini league would be in next year's Prem and the bottom 4 in the championship. So basically in theory you could end up with the bottom 4 Prem teams always winning the mini league and there never being any promotion or relegation 

42 minutes ago, Spectre said:

Basically... Top division of 12, played for so long and then split into a top 8 who played for the title and then the bottom 4 started a new league with the top 4 from Championship (not sure what happened to the other teams, presumably they battled out to avoid relegation). This new group of 8 then had their points reset and played each other (maybe twice) and at the end the top 4 in the mini league would be in next year's Prem and the bottom 4 in the championship. So basically in theory you could end up with the bottom 4 Prem teams always winning the mini league and there never being any promotion or relegation 

I'd forgotten all about this cluster fuck of a suggestion! :lol:

1 hour ago, Spectre said:

Christ on a bike. It's like the only ideas they can come up with are totally convoluted. And just what Scottish football needs, too - a league that leads to even more stagnation or clubs going bust chasing promotion. 

1 hour ago, Aubie92 said:

Christ on a bike. It's like the only ideas they can come up with are totally convoluted. And just what Scottish football needs, too - a league that leads to even more stagnation or clubs going bust chasing promotion. 

I really think the top flight needs two teams automatically down and then a 12 team 2nd tier with 1st going up and 2-5 playing off to go up. The split would make to race for the playoffs more interesting.