Pedro : We have to stop the leaks

DerKlos

23 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I remember our clubs staff used to have morals and values.

an unheard of thing from top to bottom nowadays.

Rangers staff and players have leaked to the media since long before any of us were around.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Rangers staff and players have leaked to the media since long before any of us were around.

don't you have a blog to be writing about how great Caixinha is despite only being in the door 5 minutes and doing fuck all of note to date?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

It's never going to change, and if a club like Rangers are not doing well then it's more than likely that stories relating to club on the playing side are not going to be good. First and foremost the club needs success; the story of leaks etc are red herrings most probably. We never really complained about this kind of thing when we were winning leagues etc.

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

don't you have a blog to be writing about how great Caixinha is despite only being in the door 5 minutes and doing fuck all of note to date?

I've written a blog saying Caixinha was great? Don't remember that one. I did write one saying he should be given time since he's only been in the door something like 60 days and the guys I've spoken to who actually know something about the guy think he's a really good coach who will do well here.

Sorry to disappoint you there. Do try harder the next time though.

It's never going to stop unless he does a complete clear out of people who have been here for years. As has been said players will always leak things if they are not happy but he will be the first to know what players are not happy. It's obviously back room staff or coaches that have been around the club a while that are doing it. Sickening to think it will be someone who is probably well liked and trusted going about like a wee lassie pretending to be a big shot to wankstane journalists wearing cheap suits and for nothing more than to feel relevant.

They've used the mhedia since time immemorial, that's what it's for but unfortunately we live in an age of easy fame and all the half arsed stars of sport and and entertainment are ripping the arse out of it to further their talentless careers to the full, it will only get worse!image.gif.2a72f65f3a6d941e532a0d62171dcecd.gif

It's probably quite hard to eliminate all sources of leaks.  But I heartily applaud all efforts, even if they are draconian, to halt leaks.  Sometimes, every now and then, its necessary for a sledgehammer to be used to crack (leaking) nuts.     If so then for starters:

If its not already a part of player and employee contracts insert a contract term that entitles the Club to regard leaks where the proven or suspected (acting reasonably) source is a player / employee then the Club is entitled to regard the matter as a serious offence equating to gross misconduct with a right to fire without any compensation.    And to publicly name this as the reason for dismissal.  The persons would be deemed untrustworthy and future employers can make of that what they will.  

and/or

Make it a condition of contract that when a player is leaving, whether its because he asks for a transfer, or if his contract term is up, or if he is being put on the transfer list, then he must agree to sign a confidentiality notice at that time and to require his agent to sign a comparable notice.    As to what the notice says is a matter of detail but it should not prevent agents from doing their work in trying to find another club for the player asap, but it can prevent the player / agent from leaking material to the press, and prevent them from taking 'earners' from the press either in the form of payments or favours or future favours for the story.

and/or

Make it a condition of contract that if any non-transfer related leak about ways of working or about Rangers business is traced to a player or employee then it gives the Club the right to apply an immediate fine as a disciplinary offence, say 6 months' salary and the right for the Club to publicly state that a fine has been levied and the reasons for the fine.  In cases the Club considers to be serious then treat as gross misconduct.

and/or

Require all employees and players to disclose all contacts of any nature with the media however formal or informal the contacts, including those where the contact was through a third party.    Fine for failure to disclose.  Sackable if the contact resulted in disclosure of information regarded by the Club as being private and confidential so that the offence becomes one of gross misconduct.    

And in addition the MD to individually interview all players and staff to make it clear to them that leaks will not be tolerated and those found making unauthorised disclosures to any member of the press / media whether directly or through the offices of third parties then the Club will treat the matter as a serious disciplinary offence which may result in their dismissal.  Require each person being interviewed to disclose whether they have initiated any leaks in the last 3 months and if so to disclose the details.    That oughta make a few of them jittery.  

5 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It's never going to change, and if a club like Rangers are not doing well then it's more than likely that stories relating to club on the playing side are not going to be good. First and foremost the club needs success; the story of leaks etc are red herrings most probably. We never really complained about this kind of thing when we were winning leagues etc.

Clubs use leaks to their benefit all the time. Want a player who is under contract? Tell a friendly journo and start the speculation. Player getting binned? Tell a friendly journo and let people know he's available. It's the nature it.

29 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Leaks my arse......

If I have been told my contract is not being renewed, I would be telling my agent to get on the blower and find me a club immediately and call anyone remotely interested....

Does the gaffer not want people to say anything until when?? he's ready - no chance, money is money find me a new club and to hell with who knows.

It's a silly thing to put out there tbh

:tu:

Especially if I was a 38 year old who would need all the time he can to find a new club If I even could ..... not as if this "leak" is so damaging or undermining the Club or the manager ..... compared to naively telling all and sundry your team selections and tactical formation well before hand ...... :p:

:UK:

54 minutes ago, Fatman10 said:

Feed people a different set of lies and when they are exposed then you have found your leak, obviously it's not that easy but maybe do something along those lines.

This

Tell ten people a different story each, see what ones are leaked, then sack the cunts

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Clubs use leaks to their benefit all the time. Want a player who is under contract? Tell a friendly journo and start the speculation. Player getting binned? Tell a friendly journo and let people know he's available. It's the nature it.

Think his concerns are more with disciplinary type matters ie the 6am early starts, and the organisational ones like the reduced break.

Regardless, he ain't happy about it.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

This

Tell ten people a different story each, see what ones are leaked, then sack the cunts

Problem there is it all becomes a bit like Chinese whispers anyway. Players talk to each other, pass on the 'story' to a team mate, he passes it to a third party. Player who was told the original story is the one who looks guilty despite having not leaked it. 

Just now, The Dude said:

Exactly, and if Rangers get 50,000 fans at home every time and are the biggest club in that league then it's inevitable that there is going to be stories such as a player's contract not being renewed. It happens with every club, and it is because football is pre-eminent in terms of interest. If a newspaper said a player's contract wasn't going to be renewed, but a club hadn't made that decision yet, or if they were going to renew it after all, then a club would have a point; but if a story is true then it is hard to see where the problem is.

40 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Leaks my arse......

If I have been told my contract is not being renewed, I would be telling my agent to get on the blower and find me a club immediately and call anyone remotely interested....

Does the gaffer not want people to say anything until when?? he's ready - no chance, money is money find me a new club and to hell with who knows.

It's a silly thing to put out there tbh

So you're just ignoring all the other non-transfer related leaks then aye? 

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Think his concerns are more with disciplinary type matters, the early starts, and the organisational ones like the reduced break.

Regardless, he ain't happy about it.

The early starts was somewhat wrong. MOH was originally put on them after missing the U20s game and afaik he was never taken off them. 

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Exactly, and if Rangers get 50,000 fans at home every time and are the biggest club in that league then it's inevitable that there is going to be stories such as a player's contract not being renewed. It happens with every club, and it is because football is pre-eminent in terms of interest. If a newspaper said a player's contract wasn't going to be renewed, but a club hadn't made that decision yet, or if they were going to renew it after all, then a club would have a point; but if a story is true then it is hard to see where the problem is.

Something else that is something of an issue is how poor we are at managing stuff like that. The story the other day about the three young lads signing new deals was out weeks ago as the contracts were signed weeks ago. The club just never got round to/was waiting for a good time to publish it.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I've written a blog saying Caixinha was great? Don't remember that one. I did write one saying he should be given time since he's only been in the door something like 60 days and the guys I've spoken to who actually know something about the guy think he's a really good coach who will do well here.

Sorry to disappoint you there. Do try harder the next time though.

your line was that he was "kings only positive" or similar was it not?

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Something else that is something of an issue is how poor we are at managing stuff like that. The story the other day about the three young lads signing new deals was out weeks ago as the contracts were signed weeks ago. The club just never got round to/was waiting for a good time to publish it.

That's an interesting point, and I suspect many of the issues relate purely to that.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

That's an interesting point, and I suspect many of the issues relate purely to that.

When I posted the story of GTBFO some of the players themselves retweeted it (as did their parents). Same with the Gilmour stuff. I was getting info on it from within both clubs.

11 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

:lol:  who are these "folk"? should they not be "sources" in your new role

I've explained this a few times now. I was in Chicago in March as Caixinha was appointed as the new boss and attended the Chicago Fire vs Real Salt Lake game. I wore my CWC Rangers jersey as I often do at games and got speaking to some of the guys round about the section I was in (Sector Latino) who were mainly hispanic. A couple recognised the shirt, and one is a Rangers fan, and we got talking about Rangers and Caixinha in particular as he had been confirmed a day or two earlier. Unsurprisingly for football fans from mexico they follow mexican football so knew about Caixinha. 

Here's one of them https://twitter.com/TheGooner_10