Pedro : We have to stop the leaks

DerKlos

If there is one thing we can say about Pedro, is he seems to immediately get what this club is all about. I know tactically (arguably his most important area!) he's yet to really prove himself but he needs to be given more time on that.

However it's great to see:

- Lazy players being put through their paces

- Discipline for those who think they're bigger than the club

- A need for confidentiality at all levels

- Win at all costs mentality 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What ones in particular?

Squad unrest at rearrangement of schedule, squad members doubt Pedro, players unhappy at loss of holidays, players getting in to train early, Miller being the voice of authority after the OF in which Pedro never went to speak to them.

3 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Squad unrest at rearrangement of schedule, squad members doubt Pedro, players unhappy at loss of holidays, players getting in to train early, Miller being the voice of authority after the OF in which Pedro never went to speak to them.

:tu:

Now those leaks are worth sealing mate ... as in my opinion they undermine the manager ..... the CH "leak" is not one that should be a cause for worry ... as he will be going at the discretion of the manager ....... pretty factual and not malicious.

:UK:

Just now, Bobby Hume said:

:tu:

Now those leaks are worth sealing mate ... as in my opinion they undermine the manager ..... the CH "leak" is not one that should be a cause for worry ... as he will be going at the discretion of the manager ....... pretty factual and not malicious.

:UK:

Yeah same as me, I don't mind the players out of contract or leaving doing it as its their perogative but anything other than that should be kept strictly in house.

11 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Squad unrest and unhappiness at holidays has been flatly denied by the players and manager. 

MOH has been in training early for a while and I reported it a while back as part of his punishment for no-showing.

IIRC Pedro himself (or one of the players) said in a media interview that that is what he always does after a game. Although, I did notice after watching the Sky coverage of the OF back that David Tanner stated Pedro was in the dressing room post-match as they were waiting for him to emerge so they could interview him.

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

The gaffer is a hard man but its going to go one of two ways this. Very well or he be punted by September weekend. There is no middle ground much like PLG 

Hopefully the former.

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Squad unrest and unhappiness at holidays has been flatly denied by the players and manager. 

MOH has been in training early for a while and I reported it a while back as part of his punishment for no-showing.

IIRC Pedro himself (or one of the players) said in a media interview that that is what he always does after a game. Although, I did notice after watching the Sky coverage of the OF back that David Tanner stated Pedro was in the dressing room post-match as they were waiting for him to emerge so they could interview him.

1 - Obviously they're going to deny it, they're playing for their jobs ffs.

2 - Okay, not sure how it's particularly relevant in regards to the other two.

3 - He did, but he did not mention Miller or anyone else etc, that was done by the leak.

I'm more positive about Pedro this week. He seems to have indentified several of the issues we all want sorted out, offloading deadwood, leaks, attitude. Let's hope that come July we have a squad of (at the very least) hungry players who want to play for him.

Just now, RDFM said:

1 - Obviously they're going to deny it, they're playing for their jobs ffs.

2 - Okay, not sure how it's particularly relevant in regards to the other two.

3 - He did, but he did not mention Miller or anyone else etc, that was done by the leak.

1 The manager has also denied it. Neither Wallace or Garner are playing for their 'jobs' both have long term deals iirc and can essentially sit on their arse and get paid

2 One of the other two wasn't there (Kiernan) so the leak isn't that accurate. Infact, I'd almost be inclined to say it was pure guesswork.

3 Of course it was going to be Miller. He was captain on the day and is the senior member of the squad. It wouldn't take a genius to have figured it out without the need for a leak from anyone. 

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

1 The manager has also denied it. Neither Wallace or Garner are playing for their 'jobs' both have long term deals iirc and can essentially sit on their arse and get paid

2 One of the other two wasn't there (Kiernan) so the leak isn't that accurate. Infact, I'd almost be inclined to say it was pure guesswork.

3 Of course it was going to be Miller. He was captain on the day and is the senior member of the squad. It wouldn't take a genius to have figured it out without the need for a leak from anyone. 

So you think this was all guesswork from the media?

:lol:

Whatever floats your boat mate.

1 minute ago, RDFM said:

So you think this was all guesswork from the media?

:lol:

Whatever floats your boat mate.

One was guesswork (early training), Miller not so much guesswork as common sense. Did you think it would have been Jason Holt that was speaking?

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

One was guesswork (early training), Miller not so much guesswork as common sense. Did you think it would have been Jason Holt that was speaking?

It could've quite literally been anyone, Miller isn't exactly famed for his aggressive personality.

Besides, it was described in detail what occurred in the dressing room.

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Like?

and btw I'm looking for a healthy list here OK!

1 hour ago, RDFM said:

1 hour ago, RDFM said:

Oh dear - you read the daily Rekord don't you?

1 hour ago, Tenerife Bear said:

He should tell certain staff names of random players he wants and when that name hits the papers he will know who the leak is. My money is still on King Kenny. He has numerous pals within the media. 

Very much doubt it would be him.

He's came in and addressed problems that we (the fans) have been complaining about for years. 

If he can somehow tighten us up and stop the media attacks, stop the moles from harming us, bring in the strong characters and quality players he says he's going to do then we're looking at a fantastic manager. 

But then again it could all fail completely. 

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Good luck with that one Pedro but it's a losing battle. Players and staff talk to agents, agents tell journos, journos print the story.

Aye and that clown Lloyd cross on twitter always seems to know stuff wonder how eh.