Jump to content

Pedro : We have to stop the leaks


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Leaks my arse......

If I have been told my contract is not being renewed, I would be telling my agent to get on the blower and find me a club immediately and call anyone remotely interested....

Does the gaffer not want people to say anything until when?? he's ready - no chance, money is money find me a new club and to hell with who knows.

It's a silly thing to put out there tbh

So your gaffer shows  you a bit of respect by telling you early that your not going to feature in his plans and you repay that by telling everyone cun't? But if he didn't tell you till the last minute he would all the bastards under the sun. Ffs he canny win.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He's no bad at all imo, the amount of tarriers he winds up is unreal.

He's just a wee ned and if don't go to games you are not a real rangers fan my mate Liam had a run way him who's in the lodge and never misses a game yet according to that wank with a name like Liam he's not a real prod or rangers fan. Trust me the guy is a wank and it's clear Halliday is telling him stuff 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gsa said:

Who's Lloyd cross and how does he know stuff? Genuine question? I'm not being snide. 

Also, calling your son Lloyd is just not on.

His sister goes out with Halliday always seems to be knowing stuff and people i know that know him say he's telling him stuff

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

My money is on JT and his relationship with Jackson 

Both are scumbags and should be put in the same hole 

Thing is i think most people who work in media including Jackson don't get on way JT at all. Guy next door to me works at record and says JT is unwelcome in building 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pearson83 said:

His sister goes out with Halliday always seems to be knowing stuff and people i know that know him say he's telling him stuff

I wish he'd tell Andy from me personally to take himself away to fuck. 

I've tried getting his attention on here but he seems to be pretending he never checks the forum anymore. @AndyHalliday

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pearson83 said:

Thing is i think most people who work in media including Jackson don't get on way JT at all. Guy next door to me works at record and says JT is unwelcome in building 

Yeah I can believe that, as he works for Rangers and the rebel building is full of beggars .

The sports dept would be as well calling themselves .The beggars other view 

I still think he could be the leak though.Does fuck all else anyway so I'd get rid 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eejay the dj said:

Yeah I can believe that, as he works for Rangers and the rebel building is full of beggars .

The sports dept would be as well calling themselves .The beggars other view 

I still think he could be the leak though.Does fuck all else anyway so I'd get rid 

 

Guy next door to me is a bear but he only puts the pages together for paper but he has told me few story's about some of them and there views on rangers. 

Maybe is JT? Don't trust the guy at all 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pearson83 said:

Guy next door to me is a bear but he only puts the pages together for paper but he has told me few story's about some of them and there views on rangers. 

Maybe is JT? Don't trust the guy at all 

We need to get rid of all the old DM friendly contacts and anyone that was part of his regime 

They are taking the club nowhere 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13. 5. 2017 at 1:27 PM, dummiesoot said:

Playing golf today with guy from Stv today. He says it is like a sieve coming out of Ibrox. Some of it that bad, Stv have to check their legal team.

Don't suppose he cared to share with you, the name of the maggot-eating piece of shit who's stabbing the club in the back?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wilberforce1 said:

Don't suppose he cared to share with you, the name of the maggot-eating piece of shit who's stabbing the club in the back?

He assures me he doesn't know, he doesn't work on the press side but does get snippets and that is what I have passed on in here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Leaks spawn false news and fake news.  Good for newspapers.  Bad for Rangers.    If the Manager is serious about stopping them then:

  • Stop all press and media briefings and interviews.   Only respond to media questions in writing and respond through a single source for football stuff and a single source for non-football stuff.    If there is a contractual requirement to attend TV or radio pre and post match conferences then turn up but decline to answer questions with a 'no comment' or other deflecting remark.  
  • Ban players & staff other than pre-approved staff from having any contact with the media whether formal or informal, direct or through third parties.   All attempts by media reps to contact players and staff to be referred to the MD with Club response coming from MD.  Failure to comply = big fine at best and gross misconduct leading to sack at worst.
  • Players & staff to be required to report all attempts by media reps to elicit information from them.   Failure to comply = big fine.
  • Players to contractually require their agents not to communicate with the media unless with intended content has been cleared by the Club in advance.   Failure = big fine on player.
  • Players & staff to confirm in writing on request from the Club that they are complying with above.  Players to be interviewed personally by MD to verify they understand, will comply and to disclose details of all communications with the media in last 3 months.  

When leakers are found dish out big fines, treat as gross misconduct if contracts can be interpreted to have breach of confidentiality clauses treated as gross misconduct offences, sack 'em if necessary.    Club needs to act decisively and very firmly to stamp out the corroding behaviours.

Solved. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Leaks spawn false news and fake news.  Good for newspapers.  Bad for Rangers.    If the Manager is serious about stopping them then:

  • Stop all press and media briefings and interviews.   Only respond to media questions in writing and respond through a single source for football stuff and a single source for non-football stuff.    If there is a contractual requirement to attend TV or radio pre and post match conferences then turn up but decline to answer questions with a 'no comment' or other deflecting remark.  
  • Ban players & staff other than pre-approved staff from having any contact with the media whether formal or informal, direct or through third parties.   All attempts by media reps to contact players and staff to be referred to the MD with Club response coming from MD.  Failure to comply = big fine at best and gross misconduct leading to sack at worst.
  • Players & staff to be required to report all attempts by media reps to elicit information from them.   Failure to comply = big fine.
  • Players to contractually require their agents not to communicate with the media unless with intended content has been cleared by the Club in advance.   Failure = big fine on player.
  • Players & staff to confirm in writing on request from the Club that they are complying with above.  Players to be interviewed personally by MD to verify they understand, will comply and to disclose details of all communications with the media in last 3 months.  

When leakers are found dish out big fines, treat as gross misconduct if contracts can be interpreted to have breach of confidentiality clauses treated as gross misconduct offences, sack 'em if necessary.    Club needs to act decisively and very firmly to stamp out the corroding behaviours.

Solved. 

Yes, but how do we stop the board leaking?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Leaks spawn false news and fake news.  Good for newspapers.  Bad for Rangers.    If the Manager is serious about stopping them then:

  • Stop all press and media briefings and interviews.   Only respond to media questions in writing and respond through a single source for football stuff and a single source for non-football stuff.    If there is a contractual requirement to attend TV or radio pre and post match conferences then turn up but decline to answer questions with a 'no comment' or other deflecting remark.  
  • Ban players & staff other than pre-approved staff from having any contact with the media whether formal or informal, direct or through third parties.   All attempts by media reps to contact players and staff to be referred to the MD with Club response coming from MD.  Failure to comply = big fine at best and gross misconduct leading to sack at worst.
  • Players & staff to be required to report all attempts by media reps to elicit information from them.   Failure to comply = big fine.
  • Players to contractually require their agents not to communicate with the media unless with intended content has been cleared by the Club in advance.   Failure = big fine on player.
  • Players & staff to confirm in writing on request from the Club that they are complying with above.  Players to be interviewed personally by MD to verify they understand, will comply and to disclose details of all communications with the media in last 3 months.  

When leakers are found dish out big fines, treat as gross misconduct if contracts can be interpreted to have breach of confidentiality clauses treated as gross misconduct offences, sack 'em if necessary.    Club needs to act decisively and very firmly to stamp out the corroding behaviours.

Solved. 

 

Press conferences are obliged by the league/competition organsers iirc. Can't just stop them without falling foul of the rules.

All media requests to go to the MD? That's mental. What's the purpose of the press office in this?

How does it work with regards members of the media who have pre-existing personal relationships with players pre-dating their tenure at the club?

Unless the agent is employed by the club it's almost impossible to gag them.

What about players family & friends? Josh Windass' dad would be considered part of the 'media'. Must he report all conversations with his own dad to the club? Same goes with JJ and his wife.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Yes, but how do we stop the board leaking?

With King in charge and his remote, ineffective, doubtful (in all senses of the word) leadership then very difficult.    If he were serious about stopping Board inspired leaks then imo he'd have to start getting heavy with his directors, laying down the comms law and meaning it and requiring delinquents to resign themselves.     But King is not serious so my line is a bit academic,

The problem in all of the leak stuff and the behaviours associated with it, whether from Board directors, staff or players is lack of leadership at the very top that sets the best of examples, sets the firmest and clearest tone, sets the messaging, sets the direction of travel for the Club and Company then drives accordingly.   People follow good leaders.  They follow top class leaders with even more conviction.   We don't have that and so we get institutionalised leaking which becomes ritualistic in the end product of seeking to cast the Club and the Company in a bad light. 

Sort it at the top and the rest will follow, imo.  But sorting at the top is not where we are unfortunately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There is FAR more than one person leaking info

That does not sound good. If you're Pedro, and these scum are smiling and nodding when you're talking to them: "yes, Pedro, no Pedro, you're 100% correct, Pedro", and they then slope off to give the likes of KJ the inside story..... ?  They are lower than filth. I'd fucking gut them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Yes, but how do we stop the board leaking?

The rest of the board could cold shoulder a mole coming from with- in the boardroom and the mole should forfeit his bonus. Moles at this level should be punished harshly has they are suppose to be looking after the club's image.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 11 March 2021 17:55 Until 19:55
      0  
      Slavia Prague v Rangers
      Eden Arena
      Europa League

×
×
  • Create New...