Niko Kranjcar

gkb10127

I remember that Partick game. A dafty on the bus was saying to everybody weve signed the new brian laudrup, he'll terrorise defences for years. Then an old guy told him his age, the cunt was well embarrassed.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Cobham said:

Sorry but he is worth nothing. I'd be astounded if we got 100-200k. At his age and with his injury record he is worth nothing. 

Injurury prone players get punted for big money all the time... he isnt the youngest, granted, but I guarantee that he is someone that the likes of Redknapp trust. Im not saying he would go for relative big money, but he is certainly worth something.

32 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

That average game is where he played that wonderful defence splitting pass for Waghorn, I think, for a goal. My point is, that even when he is average he is better than most of our players, when it comes to ball to feet. In saying that he isn't what we need, unfortunately. I wish there was a place for players like him though.

I think there will be a place for him in Pedro's system where he wants fast attacks. The ability to ping a 40 yarder right to the toe of a striker is invaluable. NK has the eye to see what's required in the moment and the ability to do it.

18 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Injurury prone players get punted for big money all the time... he isnt the youngest, granted, but I guarantee that he is someone that the likes of Redknapp trust. Im not saying he would go for relative big money, but he is certainly worth something.

Injury prone 33 year old come the start of next season having played 15 and 7 games the last two seasons, but probably still on big wages... we're getting nowt for him mate.

5 minutes ago, The Tavernator said:

I think there will be a place for him in Pedro's system where he wants fast attacks. The ability to ping a 40 yarder right to the toe of a striker is invaluable. NK has the eye to see what's required in the moment and the ability to do it.

This. 

9 minutes ago, The Tavernator said:

The problem is Pedro seems to like workers who will press, press, press. 

Kranjcar is 100% not that, and he doesn't have the legs from what I've seen.

I just don't see us being able to afford to have someone, especially in midfield, that's as immobile as he seemed to be and only really has interest/ability in a forward going capacity.

3 minutes ago, RDFM said:

If we can't get any money for him I'd keep him on in his last year, type of player that can win us a scrappy game against a poor side if you get him on for the last 30 minutes.

Do we really want to pay a substantial wage for a last 30 minute player? Can we afford that kind of luxury?

Anyone know how much he's actually on, btw?

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

The problem is Pedro seems to like workers who will press, press, press. 

Kranjcar is 100% not that, and he doesn't have the legs from what I've seen.

I just don't see us being able to afford to have someone, especially in midfield, that's as immobile as he seemed to be and only really has interest/ability in a forward going capacity.

I agree that he is not a grafter, but he can be the key to unlock a tight defence. 

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

I agree that he is not a grafter, but he can be the key to unlock a tight defence. 

He can be, but I don't think we're good enough to be able to carry someone like Kranjcar in terms of the rest of the game. I also don't think he showed that he could unlock a defence consistently enough when he was fit. 

If he was on a few hundred k, I'd maybe say he was worth the risk. If he's on as much as I'd suspect, not so, especially given all the other risks of frailty, age and having played very little football over a number of years.

We need a player that can bring more to the party, and at less of a risk, if we're paying them one of our highest wages. We're just not flush enough to take those kinds of gambles if we can avoid it.

12 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Do we really want to pay a substantial wage for a last 30 minute player? Can we afford that kind of luxury?

The truth is, we can't. I like him but we need something else at the moment.

Surely the Redknapp thing is just an overplayed meme at this point? 

I think the safe option would be to get rid if we can. Injury prone, takes months to achieve any reasonable fitness and i personally only feel comfortable using him to turn the screw against relegation fodder at home. Not a bad asset to have from a position of strength, but given the job on our hands at present i'd say we could use his reported wage better. 

8 minutes ago, Inigo said:

He can be, but I don't think we're good enough to be able to carry someone like Kranjcar in terms of the rest of the game. I also don't think he showed that he could unlock a defence consistently enough when he was fit. 

If he was on a few hundred k, I'd maybe say he was worth the risk. If he's on as much as I'd suspect, not so, especially given all the other risks of frailty, age and having played very little football over a number of years.

We need a player that can bring more to the party, and at less of a risk, if we're paying them one of our highest wages. We're just not flush enough to take those kinds of gambles if we can avoid it.

I do agree with you, but I still think he has some resale value.

1 hour ago, gkb10127 said:

Apparently he is odds on favourite to join redknapp at Birmingham city.

How long does he have left on his contract and what kind of fee could we get for him?

I would personally love him to stay because I think he is a class act and a cracking player when fit. Caixinha should give him a chance. Personally I think rossiter and kranjcar should be given a run of games when they are fit again

Who is this Rossiter?

7 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I do agree with you, but I still think he has some resale value.

just for you...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=niko+kranjcar&rlz=1C1KMZB_enGB562GB563&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj9vPGEnOjTAhUiJcAKHXa_DX0Q_AUICygC&biw=896&bih=474

5 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Still sad. He should get a chance.

This is a football club, BNB, not a glorified scud book. 

We can't sign or keep players based on your womanly needs.:notallowed:

37 minutes ago, Inigo said:

If we can't get rid of him then I'd rather keep his contract for a year.