Niko Kranjcar

gkb10127

Cracking player when fit which we haven't really had the chance to see.

Would love to see him fit and in the team next season, talented player who has the ability to change a game and not afraid to put in a tackle.

Would Deffo keep him if he can prove his fitness as I fear we ain't gonna get a player of his capacity without paying over the odds.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

There's a reason he was hanging about in the lower leagues in the USA and is now in the Scottish Premiership.

Would drive him down there myself for £500k.

In fairness, he only moved to the USA as his girlfriend wanted to pursue an acting career and his career was on its arse. If he'd stuck around there instead of coming here, and stayed injury free, an MLS team would have taken a gamble on him. (Though not as a designated player.)

I agree if we can get anything for him we should take it. Even if he's got an offer of a free transfer elsewhere, that doesn't involve us paying him anything, we should let him move on. I think he signed for us as he wanted another chance at a big club, but it hasn't worked out. 

DIdn't he only get a one year deal here? ?

I'd love it if we can keep him fit as he's got more ability in his big-toe than half the league have got put together. He was finally looking lean and sharp then picks up a horrible injury. 

So he's too much of a risk and he'll be eating up a huge chunk of the wage budget, so offloading him seems the best way forward for us. 

If you could guarantee his fitness for a whole season then it'd be a no brainer though. 

It was unfortunate that he was just beginning to get match fit when he got injured. As a professional athlete he shouldn't of been so unfit when he joined.

Talent wise, even when unfit, you could see his class. Possibly the most talented player we have had since Ronald de Boar?

I'm not sure if he'll fit into Pedro's plans, i think he's looking for quick, aggressive attacking players for his forwards and central midfielders with more of a holding role.

I'd love to see him stay and play to his full potential.

8 minutes ago, five stars said:

It was unfortunate that he was just beginning to get match fit when he got injured. As a professional athlete he shouldn't of been so unfit when he joined.

Talent wise, even when unfit, you could see his class. Possibly the most talented player we have had since Ronald de Boar?

I'm not sure if he'll fit into Pedro's plans, i think he's looking for quick, aggressive attacking players for his forwards and central midfielders with more of a holding role.

I'd love to see him stay and play to his full potential.

Hard to argue with that. Great players always look as if they have more time on the ball than they actually have; even someone of his pace has that quality. I think every one of his goals have been a bit special.

I would 100% keep him, the only bit of genuine midfield class we have in the squad, even when he was playing half fit he still had the awareness and ability to play some real defense splitting passes, I'd even keep him to come off the bench rather than playing every minute. 

Yes he's slow, but he can afford to be when he can pick a quality pass in the time he has on the ball.

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

He can be, but I don't think we're good enough to be able to carry someone like Kranjcar in terms of the rest of the game. I also don't think he showed that he could unlock a defence consistently enough when he was fit. 

If he was on a few hundred k, I'd maybe say he was worth the risk. If he's on as much as I'd suspect, not so, especially given all the other risks of frailty, age and having played very little football over a number of years.

We need a player that can bring more to the party, and at less of a risk, if we're paying them one of our highest wages. We're just not flush enough to take those kinds of gambles if we can avoid it.

We should see how he does in a team with good players around him. He's an intelligent player who needs other intelligent players to get the most out of him. He hasn't had an oppprtunity to show us what he can do as he's been surrounded by mediocrity.

Anyway, I trust Pedro.

52 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

If they offered any money for Niko, we should accept it.

He'll be one of the highest earners at the club, and we might be able to get a couple of good youngsters for him.

Two decent players one quality player do not equal.