Max Ashmore.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup good luck to the kid. I always feel bad (but proud too) when I see these emotional goodbyes they give us - it's quite humbling that even though their dreams have been crushed they still have the humility (and maturity) to thank the club and the fans etc. It's nice to see.

A horrible scenario in any profession, never mind football where he's just seen his younger team mate Billy Gilmour secure a life-changing deal at Stamford Bridge while he's being told he's getting the boot.

Having said that, my cynical side is trying to comprehend why a boy who's never made a professional appearance for the club is announcing his departure on social media, thanking the staff, Murty and the fans via what can only be described as a leaving speech.

Louis Vuitton toilet bags and social media have given young footballers a platform not afforded to that of the older generation.

3 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

A horrible scenario in any profession, never mind football where he's just seen his younger team mate Billy Gilmour secure a life-changing deal at Stamford Bridge while he's being told he's getting the boot.

Having said that, my cynical side is trying to comprehend why a boy who's never made a professional appearance for the club is announcing his departure on social media, thanking the staff, Murty and the fans via what can only be described as a leaving speech.

Louis Vuitton toilet bags and social media have given young footballers a platform not afforded to that of the older generation.

Struggle to comprehend no more, you already answer your question with your final point.

Breaks my heart reading that, imagine being at the club so long and dreaming of playing professionally for us only to have it ripped away when you're so close. That's the nature of the beast however. 

Fantastic humility from the boy, who is obviously a credit to his family. I really hope he succeeds 

9 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

He's obviously been involved at Rangers for years and it clearly means a lot to him. People who follow him obviously want to be updated on what he's doing so no idea why you're trying to have a go at the boy for taking time out to thank everyone at the club. 

As for your comment about Louis Vuitton toilet bags, why would you care what the boy spends his money on? Hardly his fault the club paid him enough to afford luxury like that.

9 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I was diluting my point as I didn't want to come across too harsh.

Sound's a bit harsh to say he is giving a leaving speech when all he was doing was sending some gratitude through a tweet. If you had wanted to dilute you point in order not to sound too harsh you could have stopped at the end of your first paragraph.

12 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Good luck to him. itopefully this spurs him on and he has a good career.

He IS going to Spurs .? Good luck to the well grounded young man, IT would be very easy to slag a club off for freeing them.

20 minutes ago, WGOH said:

He's obviously been involved at Rangers for years and it clearly means a lot to him. People who follow him obviously want to be updated on what he's doing so no idea why you're trying to have a go at the boy for taking time out to thank everyone at the club. 

As for your comment about Louis Vuitton toilet bags, why would you care what the boy spends his money on? Hardly his fault the club paid him enough to afford luxury like that.

Agreed. Strange comment to make. 

Just now, The Dude said:

Aye, Jordan and a handful of others. I'll wait for them/the club to announce them but been expecting most of them.

Why Adamson? He not done well? I just remember him being rated highly when signed from Hibs. Captain of Scotland, beat the tarriers to him etc