Max Ashmore.

Just now, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Nonsense. I said the older generation weren't afforded it, which they weren't; absolutely nothing about deserving it.

I know what you said, I'm saying what it implied. As I've said already, if you didn't mean that then some of us have misunderstood your point. Anyway this is boring and ruining a positive thread.

All the best to Max and the other lads released, here's hoping they can still make it big time. Who knows they might get hold of one of those coveted LV bags everyone is harping on about. :pipe:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

Happened to thousands before him and he wont be the last.

He has no chance of coming back. Name the ones who have. Halliday is unique but under normal circumstances he would never have returned.

Nicky Cl....never mind. 

2 hours ago, Vanoli said:

By far the saddest reality in football. The lad and many others spend almost half their life with a club, dream of making the first team, train hard while trying to balance school and other back up plans and sacrificing some of the adventure most of us get to experience when we're young. Football can give you the world, but the reality is it doesn't for the majority. That's why i'll always have the utmost respect for just about every player, regardless of what they earn or don't. 

Great to see the boy handle it with class as well, wish him the very best. 

Brilliant post ?

20 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Thank fuck you "Cba" responding if the part in bold is what you extracted from my comments as my point.

Mentalist.

:lol: look at me a use italics 

Other players released: 

Josh Jeffries 
Amin Bouzaig 
Jordan Gibson 
Sam Jamieson

FIVE Rangers Academy Players will depart the club this summer to play their football elsewhere.

Max Ashmore, Jordan Gibson, Amin Bouzaig, Sam Jamieson and Josh Jeffries, who all played their football either in the development squad or on loan, will now develop their careers elsewhere.

The Rangers Academy will help any players released this summer for their future footballing careers with a specially prepared plan of action.  Each player will be provided with one-on-one tailored advice to give them the best chance of finding another club next season.

The players will now spend time with academy staff, making sure they aren’t left alone to face the next step in their development.

Head of Academy Craig Mulholland said: “Bonds are built with the players and their families over a number of years and many of the staff have seen these lads develop from primary children into men.

“There are some fantastic young men among the group who will be leaving and without doubt informing the players of this outcome is the hardest part of our job. 

“Often we reach the decision in the interests of the players as by allowing them to go and develop their careers elsewhere at this point, while the majority are still Under 20, it will increase their chances of getting a first team contract further down the line.

“Although we know it is the right thing for the player it is still tough to reach these decisions and communicate the decision to some good lads who you have grown to care about.

“One of the key aspects of the Academy culture is respect and it is important that we break the news to the lads in the correct manner and now look after them as part of our Academy exit policy. All of the staff in the Academy will liaise with a range of clubs on the players’ behalf to assist them find new employment.

“From a football perspective, they will receive a presentation with a detailed breakdown of their strengths, sports science results, playing statistics and a testimonial and character reference from their coach, Graeme Murty.

“Our analysis team will also provide footage from a range of games which they can pass to other clubs.  Creag Robertson and Katy Lamont who look after Education and Welfare for the Academy players will meet with them to go through education and employment opportunities out with football.

“In line with the values we believe in within the Academy, and indeed the traditions of our club, it is important that we look after these young men in the correct way and provide as much support as possible.

“When players leave the Academy we must ensure that they depart as better footballers than when they arrived and as well rounded individuals who can use these attributes to go on and have successful football careers and indeed successful lives.

Everyone at Rangers wishes every one of the players well and would like to thank them for their effort and hard work.  All of the lads will always be welcome back at Ibrox