Pedro to sign 'warriors' who will become heroes to the fans

Smile

image.jpg

PEDRO CAIXINHA reckons his Rangers recruits have the chance to become heroes at Ibrox next season.

The Portuguese is set to overhaul his Gers squad in the coming weeks as he prepares for his first full campaign at the helm.

Defenders Clint Hill and Philippe Senderos are poised to leave the club this month, while midfielder Emerson Hyndman has returned to Bournemouth at the end of his loan spell.

The Light Blue legions are eagerly anticipating a crucial summer of shopping and boss Caixinha is determined to give supporters reasons to be cheerful ahead of next season.

He said: “Sometimes the names can do that (excite the fans).

“Other times, maybe the names can create some doubts, but after they did the first tackle on the pitch, after they did the first pass, after they scored the first goal, all the doubts are gone. And that’s what we want to do.

“We know what the club needs. We are working to bring those warriors that the club needs to help us to get to another level. And I really believe that, if things are going in that direction, the fans will love it.

“What keeps this club and all the big clubs alive are the fans. Even when this happened to the club, the fans didn’t leave. Our fans will support us all the time.

“Will they support more, be happier and more confident? Maybe if the names are going in the direction they want and if the team performs on the pitch the way they want it to.

“What I told you about the first pass, the first goal, the first tackle is about that.

“It’s very easy to be heroes for the Rangers fans. You just need to give everything on the pitch. That’s what they love.

“Of course you need to know the game and you need to have quality, but you need to show that passion individually and collectively. That’s what we are looking for definitely.”

Caixinha has already been linked with several players as he scours the market in search of much-needed reinforcements to his Rangers ranks.

Victory over Partick Thistle last weekend saw the Gers clinch their return to the Europa League for next season ahead of the final Premiership fixtures against Hearts, Aberdeen and St Johnstone.

And boss Caixinha will demand the right attitude from any potential recruit before they put pen-to-paper at Ibrox.

He said: “The players are coming here, and the conversations we are having with the players are going in two directions.

“First of all, the club itself, even without playing Europa League, is something that calls attention to the players.

“The second point is for me. I want to bring players who are really keen to come, to play for the club and to play for me.

“I just tell you that. They come to play for Rangers, they come to play for me. That is what I am looking for.

“Along the process, we have conversations with several players. Even players I am knowing I felt that these guys were not keen to come. I just stop it there.

“I don’t want players who are coming here and don’t know what they are coming to and are not committed to coming.

“Experience, knowledge, understanding the performing the way I want. And to know what it really means to play for this club with the demands that are put on you all the time, not from game to game, but by pass by pass. That is the reaction that you want to take.”

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Lloyd72
13 minutes ago, Smile said:

“It’s very easy to be heroes for the Rangers fans. You just need to give everything on the pitch. That’s what they love.

“Of course you need to know the game and you need to have quality, but you need to show that passion individually and collectively. That’s what we are looking for definitely.”

Good that he's noticed that, I have faith in Pedro to bring in what we need. 

It's good that he actually gets it tbh, he's clearly done his homework on what is required at the club, what he wants and where he wants us to go.

I liked the fact he's spoke to a few players he knows and has not seen the desire that they wanted to come here so just stopped the talks. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I think he has made that pretty obvious already, and more power to him. 

I can understand when players are not good enough but a mediocre player should be happy to play for any manager, especially when they get paid a decent wage.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I can understand when players are not good enough but a mediocre player should be happy to play for any manager, especially when they get paid a decent wage.

He seems to want more from a player than just happy to take the wage. It's good to hear that he wants players who want to fight and play football first and foremost  

He's one step ahead of MW already because sounds like he actually "get's it".

Used to listen to MW and for all he spoke a good game you never got the impression he knew what it actually meant to be at Rangers. 

He's been at big clubs before i.e Sporting so he knows the dance.

1 minute ago, lazza1873 said:

He's one step ahead of MW already because sounds like he actually "get's it".

Used to listen to MW and for all he spoke a good game you never got the impression he knew what it actually meant to be at Rangers. 

He's been at big clubs before i.e Sporting so he knows the dance.

He'll "get it" even more if he gets money to spend.  If we don't sign the best players then all the talk and all the passion will quickly dry up once the season is under way. I would like to have a fair idea of the calibre of player we are after; that will tell how much he really "gets it".

19 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

They must be talented as well, of course. I'm sorry, but the first thing I'll be looking for in his signings is how good they are at football; if they are warriors into the bargain then that's a bonus. To be fair, he admits that anyway.

This is the a comment I agree with, but am in two minds about... because we have a current squad who shows glimpses of being good at football, and are anything but 'warriors'...

Mckay - has some skills clearly, but gets blown off the ball and falls to ground at a gust of wind... isn't a warrior.

Foderingham - our best player this year, has made some amazing saves but doesnt come out and command every cross / corner.

Tav - shows glimpses of promise, but no Left Winger is scared to come up against him

Yes, I hope he brings in new signings that are good at football, but for our hammer throwing league I hope he brings in players that are well-built, forceful, and make opponents shit themselves everytime. 

1 minute ago, Ryju84 said:

This is the a comment I agree with, but am in two minds about... because we have a current squad who shows glimpses of being good at football, and are anything but 'warriors'...

Mckay - has some skills clearly, but gets blown off the ball and falls to ground at a gust of wind... isn't a warrior.

Foderingham - our best player this year, has made some amazing saves but doesnt come out and command every cross / corner.

Tav - shows glimpses of promise, but no Left Winger is scared to come up against him

Yes, I hope he brings in new signings that are good at football, but for our hammer throwing league I hope he brings in players that are well-built, forceful, and make opponents shit themselves everytime. 

To take your point further, as I'm an optimist I believe he thinks that there are some redeemable players with abailty here at the club (McKay being the obvious example) and to compliment these players he's looking at buying a few "warriors".

Hopefully if these warriors are to be slotted into central defence and midfield, then that'll allow our 'flair' players to do their thing.

50 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

It's good that he actually gets it tbh, he's clearly done his homework on what is required at the club, what he wants and where he wants us to go.

Thats what I was thinking too. He definitely "gets it". Something Warburton never had, even with Weir by his side. 

Just hope he has the ability to go with it.

as a team, the current crop lacks heart. Some are tidy footballers but very few show real grit when things are tough - just look at our away form as some proof of that and how easily we capitulate. We need to bring in guys that have that because at the moment it's sorely lacking.

17 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

He'll "get it" even more if he gets money to spend.  If we don't sign the best players then all the talk and all the passion will quickly dry up once the season is under way. I would like to have a fair idea of the calibre of player we are after; that will tell how much he really "gets it".

He won't be getting the funds for the brst players. Hopefully what he does bring in are better than we have, not that it should be difficult.

5 minutes ago, AljayBoy said:

To take your point further, as I'm an optimist I believe he thinks that there are some redeemable players with abailty here at the club (McKay being the obvious example) and to compliment these players he's looking at buying a few "warriors".

Hopefully if these warriors are to be slotted into central defence and midfield, then that'll allow our 'flair' players to do their thing.

If you have the majority of the squad as shitebags then players with quality will fall into that category too.

The overall attitude of the squad rubs off on each other as a collective. So if you get people who are pros and know what it means to give your all (only Miller really falls into this bracket currently) then players who aren't necessarily thought of as warriors start to become that way due to those around them.

Granted footballing ability must be there too but if you have all the ability in the world but couldn't give a fuck during training or on the pitch you will fail as a player. Guys like Nick Powell spring to mind, touted for big things but never applied himself correctly and therefore starts to disappear.

Its interesting this comes out after the way Mourinho has questioned some of his players commitment and willingness to play for the club in Shaw, Smalling and Jones.

You need players that want to do their best rather than just be at a big club getting a good wage and living the good life. I'd much rather have a player who is frustrated as hell at being out of the squad or on the bench rather than someone happy to just get paid regardless of whether they play or not.

Hopefully Pedro has good knowledge of players that will fit the bill but also have enough quality to be able to play and succeed here.