Pedro to sign 'warriors' who will become heroes to the fans

Smile

22 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He won't be getting the funds for the brst players. Hopefully what he does bring in are better than we have, not that it should be difficult.

Hopefully what you are suggesting doesn't mean he makes the same mistakeĀ of some of those who have been here before him, and underestimates what he has to do. If he isn't going for the best players, in this league, then getting better than what we have won't be anywhere near enough.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's the minimum I expect. Whilst it's not the ideal, I can stomach a player whose technical ability is lacking provided they give everything for the team. I want to buy into the Pedro hype - hope he delivers.

4 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

I imagine he made the same speech at his previous clubs as well,

I'm taking from that we've not to expect big names, he's taking a punt on unknowns and hoping they can turn out to be worthwhile signings.

I think there maybe one maybe two "knowns" from what he said - the rest will be warriors from his knowledge of the gameĀ 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

I think there maybe one maybe two "knowns" from what he said - the rest will be warriors from his knowledge of the gameĀ 

We will probably get one or two to give us a bit of hope and to help shift season tickets. Depends on his budget to be fair to him.

It would be a step in the right direction. After all making us hard to beat wasĀ the first step Walter took when it fell to him to rebuild in 2007. That's not going to be enough this time though, we desperately need quality as well.Ā 

51 minutes ago, AljayBoy said:

To take your point further, as I'm an optimist I believe he thinks that there are some redeemable players with abailty here at the club (McKay being the obvious example) and to compliment these players he's looking at buying a few "warriors".

Hopefully if these warriors are to be slotted into central defence and midfield, then that'll allow our 'flair' players to do their thing.

Exactly the way I see it. Having 5 or 6 "warriors" in the team will bring the best out in the like of Barrie McKay, Josh Windass and Tav etc.

Ā 

9 minutes ago, brazz1972 said:

Exactly the way I see it. Having 5 or 6 "warriors" in the team will bring the best out in the like of Barrie McKay, Josh Windass and Tav etc.

Ā 

Josh Windass is mince, his best is not good enough.

13 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

It would be a step in the right direction. After all making us hard to beat wasĀ the first step Walter took when it fell to him to rebuild in 2007. That's not going to be enough this time though, we desperately need quality as well.Ā 

That should be the first requirement.

What we need is players who when aren't in top form their 70% will be enough to get over the line in games.

there was plenty of times when I've seen st mirren or Motherwell play better than a Walter smith Rangers team but our workman like performances from Davis mendes and a tidy finish from Boyd would get us 3 points.

we all want nice football but no team in the world does it 10/10.

2 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

He'll "get it" even more if he gets money to spend. Ā If we don't sign the best players then all the talk and all the passion will quickly dry up once the season is under way. I would like to have a fair idea of the calibre of player we are after; that will tell how much he really "gets it".

Very true, he needs to be backed.

Don't have the belief in King to think that he will, prove us wrong.

56 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Let's just see what he actually does.

Ā 

It's ok saying that mate, and i agree that his plans might not work out in terms of who he can get in.

Surely you can see the positives though, in the fact that he identifies and understands clearly what is missing from this team.

He is 100% right, we need a team full of "warriors" - Players who are fully committed and wont be bullied or shirk a tackle.

We are Rangers and teams should be intimidated to be up against us regardless of ability levels, this team right now is the most spineless gutless Rangers I think we will ever see, ever.

5 minutes ago, Tav's Bandage said:

It's ok saying that mate, and i agree that his plans might not work out in terms of who he can get in.

Surely you can see the positives though, in the fact that he identifies and understands clearly what is missing from this team.

He is 100% right, we need a team full of "warriors" - Players who are fully committed and wont be bullied or shirk a tackle.

We are Rangers and teams should be intimidated to be up against us regardless of ability levels, this team right now is the most spineless gutless Rangers I think we will ever see, ever.

I agree with most of what he says the majority of the time mate it's backing it up that will capture my attention - we can all sit and say what we need and what needs to happen which is one thing.

according to him he's closing in on his targets and some he knows/trusts so if it doesn't work there can't be any dubiety or excusesĀ 

4 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

We're either going to be good next year, and have a team we can really feel connected to as a fanbase.Ā 

Or we're going to have a bunch of absolute nutters getting sent over every other week...

Both are preferable to what we've seen this year. I'dĀ take a shit nutter before a shit wimp.Ā 

3 hours ago, Vanoli said:

Ludicrous comment in my opinion and completely neglecting the facts.Ā 

We need quality this time?Ā 

Walter spent a lot of moneyĀ second time around. Thomson, Whittiker,Ā Davies, Cueller, Cousin, Mendes, Jelevic, Naismith, etc, etc.

We do not have the money for that quality now.Ā 

I wish people would stop making out old uncle Walter took a rag tag squad from Le Guen and turned them into champions. He didn't.Ā 

He was give the fundsĀ to sign a whole new squad.Ā