What made the difference?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. What made the difference?

• The inclusion of McKay.
    • The lack of Waghorn.
    • The red card.
    • Ian Cathro.
    • Nothing, we were awful as usual.
    • I dream of a gentle kiss on the cheek from Gene Shalit.
    • Other (specify).

5 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

We weren't shite for the full match, we played some really good football and that first goal was excellent.

Have no idea why people want to say we were shite when we really weren't  - we might have been poor in parts but we were also excellent in parts.

We were outplayed by 10 men and had no midfield it was awfull

I think the fact the game had no significance at this stage of the poor season. Last game for me missing the shaggers because im back shift next week, i look forward to next season and hoping a few well deserved miracles regarding transfers and rebuilding materialise. 

Im worried poor season ticket sales will affect our budget 19k down on last year works out around 6-7M less for King to spend from the ST fund. 

I actually thought we played ok in the first half (I don't know if that was due to how awful we have been the last fortnight), some decent movement off the ball and nice touches. It looked clear to me that a tactic was to try and get windass in behind down the flanks as early as possible. Second half was woeful and showed exactly how bad our midfield was. Thought young barjonas done ok when he came on though. 

We were poor again today.  Some players (probably most of them) are not good enough and that is made worse by the fact that I think the players confidence is at rock bottom after the season we have had and the last few games in particular.  Confidence or lack of it makes a big difference imo. 

Although we were awful second half, I have a grudging sympathy with our team.   Playing against ten men raises expectations in the fans and it is not always easy to meet them.  Hearts played tight at the back and started breaking on us when we lost possession which was done too easily and too often.  Players progressively lost confidence, crowd got on their back, and things went from bad to worse with Hearts starting to take more control.  If we had better and confident players, we would have kept possession by keeping our passes simple and making the Hearts players work to get it back. We were leading 1-0 / 2-1 and playing against 10men, we didn't need to chase the game and play speculative passes like we did.  

Having said all of the above, you can't get away from how poor our players are, particularly in the middle of the park.  Manager didn't help with his substitutions either.

2 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

We weren't shite for the full match, we played some really good football and that first goal was excellent.

Have no idea why people want to say we were shite when we really weren't  - we might have been poor in parts but we were also excellent in parts.

I agree - could have been 3 up at the break 

Too much negativity on here at times 

2 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

I agree - could have been 3 up at the break 

Too much negativity on here at times 

We struggled against 10 men for an hour there's nothing other than a negative to take from that. Some people might moan for the sake of moaning but it's no worse than painting over a shite performance with blue paint.

4 hours ago, geneva_ger said:

Why the fuck bother to steam in with such a shite question.

1. You might be looking for attention

2. You might not have been watching Rangers all season

3. You're an attention seeking fud who asks shite questions

WE were brilliant, world class, epl material, potential euro champions!!

Is that what you want to hear????

OK ,you have it!

Playing a game against a shite side who have to play 1hr with 10men and are still in the game until the final whistle tells us all that the summer can't come quick enough.

Shite from the start of the season until the very end, if nothing, this bunch are consistent.

Miller and Clint get a mention. McKay in spurts. Bates gets pass marks. 

I'm going against the majority here but I thought we passed the ball about quite well in parts today.  It wasn't fantastic by any means but I at least thought the team knew what they were doing.

Hearts are absolutely rank under cathro and the fact we only beat them two one even with a man advantage does bring me back down to earth.