Joe Garner

Guest Lloyd72

Guest Lloyd72

is shite with the ball at his feet but if you give him it in the air he's brilliant. So why the fuck did we buy him for a team that never crossed and only played with the ball on the ground

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, thedonald said:

A question too late.

Just bugs me that we spent 1.8 million on him and never used him in a way that might actually be effective to the team 

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

is shite with the ball at his feet but if you give him it in the air he's brilliant. So why the fuck did we buy him for a team that never crossed and only played with the ball on the ground

Was thinking the exact same thing during the game.

I like Joe and think he has a place in the squad for next season. If he has better players feeding him decent crosses he could flourish.

4 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

It's a great question. He's been much better with Caixinha in charge. Probably the only positive so far.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Was thinking the exact same thing during the game.

I like Joe and think he has a place in the squad for next season. If he has better players feeding him decent crosses he could flourish.

If pedro is looking to have us play direct "get it in the box" football then I think he's got a place in he team next season. He's a very effective target man.

Played well. He's a kinda limited player but if you play to his strengths he can be quite effective.

Agree he needs a partner playing close to him and feeding off him, because he's very good at directing headers to good places.

22 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I thought he looked excellent today when someone was there to feed off him. Once his work had no end product - i.e  when Windass went off - he became anonymous as the hearts defence just picked up all the loose balls.

Wouldn't say excellent but a good performance. Would be much better with better quality around him. 

Gave an ok performance today and appears much more suited to a quicker game with balls into the box. Would keep him next season but we need at least a couple of decent strikers in for next season. Just hope someone comes and takes Waghorn. How did he miss that one at the end 

for all his work rate though - and i thought he done well today and i think he is shite basically - the fact is he cannot score regularly.  Now, some may say that with good service - like today from Millers cross - he would start to score regularly. But are we willing to bet next season on him suddenly getting 25 goals a season? I just don't see it. yet we need someone who can do that.

Don't mind him depending on the brand of football we set out to play he's decent with his link up and is a monster in the air but at the same time a poor finisher with his feet.

least of out worries at the minute as the midfield is non existent other than the work rate of holt that is easily bypassed