No contract for Clint Hill - bad move

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He's out of contract unfortunately.

Would rather it was Kiernan away but he's still under contract.

It's the right decision otherwise we could end up with the same 4 CHs next season.

I think that sums it up really. He's been let go because we know nobody will want Kiernan and it will probably cost us to move him on.

3 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Our best player by a country fucking mile today. Should get a 12 month extension until we have someone better in place. The man is solid as a rock and you can depend on him - unlike many others out there. Just fuck off now please Windass and don't come back?

and therin lies the problem

He has been our best centre back this season but really that's not a huge compliment. 

I wouldn't have minded had he been given another year but ultimately we need to aim higher and Pedro will have his own ideas.

Thanks to the big man for his efforts and his goal at the scumdome which can never be taken away from him.

3 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Our best player by a country fucking mile today. Should get a 12 month extension until we have someone better in place. The man is solid as a rock and you can depend on him - unlike many others out there. Just fuck off now please Windass and don't come back?

I would assume replacements are done and dusted. If not, bad drills. 

Speaks volumes that two of our best players are the oldest guys in the squad. I got the feeling Pedro wasn't going to keep both of them but surely Clint is worth another season, even if just for back up. He's never let us down but i feel we're letting him down . 

4 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

No it is the correct thing to do.

1 year contract is short term answer and we need longer term stability.

Yes I agree I think it's the right move. Good guy and good professional and a right good player but at 39 this year I'd personally say thanks and goodbye. 

6 hours ago, BluesClues said:

Depends on who we get in as a replacement

Every pound being a prisoner, there may better value out there. But having said that not a better player. 

The old chestnut about his age but he's one bad injury away from retiring.

I get the bit about the stability he's brought and the leadership.

Its all is only ifs, but younger, gotten him sooner etc.

But next years Midfield have got to be able to protect the back four better than the current mob.

If he's willing to hang around maybe as a stand by but cost prohibits, Pedro's going to bring at least two centre halves, so it's hard to see him wanting to be third fiddle at his age, unless he gets a coaching gig as well. Appears to be a model professional.

If the Manager has got a better Centre Back than Clint Hill lined up to sign then good for him because Clint has been one of the few this season that - imo anyway - was man enough and had enough strength of character and used his experience well enough.   So if he has a better player lined up to replace him I really do look forward to seeing who that will be.    Even assuming he does have a replacement of better quality lined up might it not have been worth having Clint as a back up for next season - he's been over the course in the SPFL and knows exactly what to expect against Scottish clubs and knows exactly what the Rangers Support are expecting.  

Whether it was a good call or a poor call to release Clint will become much clearer when we see who the 'men' are that the Manager is bringing in, and in comparison to Clint, who the CBs will be.

Like everyone else I can see reasoning behind giving him and not giving him a contract.

Contract - Pass on experience to younger players, excellent professional to lead by example, reliable backup if used to strengths.

No Contract - He's getting old and will be more and more injury prone, his lack of speed will change the way the team has to play and could leave us open to counter attack, depending on way things go he might keep out a younger player whom could be using the game time to improve, it's time to move on and rejuvenate the squad with players that add more value for selling on etc.

11 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Like everyone else I can see reasoning behind giving him and not giving him a contract.

Contract - Pass on experience to younger players, excellent professional to lead by example, reliable backup if used to strengths.

No Contract - He's getting old and will be more and more injury prone, his lack of speed will change the way the team has to play and could leave us open to counter attack, depending on way things go he might keep out a younger player whom could be using the game time to improve, it's time to move on and rejuvenate the squad with players that add more value for selling on etc.

Spot on , by bringing in the 35 year old Bruno Alves..........

18 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Big honest trier which is as good as it gets for us just now, but not good enough for Rangers, time to stop accepting the best of a bad bunch as something they are not , sign better and accept nothing but better, fucksake. 

Spot on. Also good to meet you yesterday mate! 

4 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Folk on here need to make up their minds. Do you want improvements or not.

greeting cos a 38 year old isn't getting a contract. A 38 year old that was centre half in at least 2 of our worst results in history. 

Does that mean you get rid of all 11 guys who played in each team?