• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Model professional who probably deserves another year anyway. We have to assume now though that PC will bring in at least 2 first team centre backs. Him and his terrific attitude will undoubtedly be a loss to our club. I wish him all the very best. 

Agree  Pedro must be bringing in centre halfs but when someone who gives their all is out of contract goes but players who couldn't give 2 fucks but have 3 years left in their contracts stays , isn't right mate 

31 minutes ago, Tav's Bandage said:

He came in at the wrong time, a decent defender at 38.

Feel for him but realistically we need better than Clint Hill, and the biggest factor in Pedro's eyes will be the wage he is on.

What a guy though!

what wage is he on, is it out of our budget and did we even try to ask him to lower the wage given his lesser role probably next season

40 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

To think Clint hill is getting punted and gives his all and players with 3 years to go on their contracts couldn't give 2 fucks is disgusting, Clint should have got another year all day long 

So planning for the future with a 38/9 year old is the way forward because he tries hard??

Away you go. 

We need to build a team not a care home.

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

So planning for the future with a 38/9 year old is the way forward because he tries hard??

Away you go. 

Holt and Halliday still with us next year contributing nothing coz on long contracts and somebody who actually gives a fuck playing with somebody else is fine with you aye ?? 

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

I think we will tbh, our midfield is depleted anyway and can't see many of the current crop sticking around with the way Caixinha is treating them

I agree. Just because we have some players on longer contracts who we don't want, doesn't necessarily mean we are stuck with them. As strange as it may seem, there will be many clubs out there who will be willing to take a chance on our players. Take McKay for example. I know he splits opinion, and understandably so, however I would absolutely keep him. That said, if I'm another manager, who believes in myself to get the best out of players, I will see all the great attributes McKay has and believe I can take those qualities and mold him into a better player. 

The same applies to guys like Waghorn and the likes. He's having a torrid time but he has shown in the past he has something that another manager MAY be willing to take a chance on. Whilst we have had a horrible season, and currently think the majority of our squad are useless, I really believe we will have suitors. Everyone has different opinions on different players, and clubs, and players can get pretty desperate during the window. Also, as you say Pedro will be honest with them insofar as saying they're not in his plans, and he'll be riding them hard. If they can get moves to The Championship or even League Two they could still get decent wages, plus they would have a chance to get game time.

Although I wouldn't sell all of them guys like Kiernan, Tavernier, Waghorn, Windass, Foderingham, McKay, MOH, Halliday, Forrester etc will attract interest from The Championship, League 2 and the SPL IMO...........

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Holt and Halliday still with us next year contributing nothing coz on long contracts and somebody who actually gives a fuck playing with somebody else is fine with you aye ?? 

Are you suggesting neither give a fuck? If so that's just daft.

Just now, BEE said:

Are you suggesting neither give a fuck? If so that's just daft.

I'll change it then 2 players that aren't good enough still picking up a wage and a guy who is playing with someone else ? 

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I agree. Just because we have some players on longer contracts who we don't want, doesn't necessarily mean we are stuck with them. As strange as it may seem, there will be many clubs out there who will be willing to take a chance on our players. Take McKay for example. I know he splits opinion, and understandably so, however I would absolutely keep him. That said, if I'm another manager, who believes in myself to get the best out of players, I will see all the great attributes McKay has and believe I can take those qualities and mold him into a better player. 

The same applies to guys like Waghorn and the likes. He's having a torrid time but he has shown in the past he has something that another manager MAY be willing to take a chance on. Whilst we have had a horrible season, and currently think the majority of our squad are useless, I really believe we will have suitors. Everyone has different opinions on different players, and clubs, and players can get pretty desperate during the window. Also, as you say Pedro will be honest with them insofar as saying they're not in his plans, and he'll be riding them hard. If they can get moves to The Championship or even League Two they could still get decent wages, plus they would have a chance to get game time.

Although I wouldn't sell all of them guys like Kiernan, Tavernier, Waghorn, Windass, Foderingham, McKay, MOH, Halliday, Forrester etc will attract interest from The Championship, League 2 and the SPL IMO...........

I think Halliday and Holt will be hard to get rid of but the rest we could probably punt quite easily. Would be quite happy if we get rid of 10/11 players this summer. I wonder how much we could get back if we did let go of that many.

11 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Holt and Halliday still with us next year contributing nothing coz on long contracts and somebody who actually gives a fuck playing with somebody else is fine with you aye ?? 

Yes because it's short term thinking and we need longer term thinking. 

38 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I can only assume Pedro has 2 centre halves lined up, who he believes are better than Hill. If so, you would expect them to be first choice all season. You don't want to be chopping and changing your centre halves. It's too important and we need stability. 

If we do get 2 new centre halves, and I hope to god we do, and they are an upgrade on Hill then it MAY be the best all round. Hill needs to play and maybe Pedro thinks it would be unfair to keep him purely as back up. As back up I think he'd be great but that COULD be Pedro's view on it, and he may think, considering their ages, Wilson and Bates are sufficient back up. For what it's worth, if Wilson and Bates turn out to be 3rd and 4th choice then it wouldn't be the worse, although Hill is a better defender IMO. If we don't get 2 new centre halves though, letting Hill go could be a bit premature.

Hill has been an absolute credit to himself and the club though. Already you can see a huge improvement in Bates IMO, and I have no doubt Hill has aided his development. Hopefully 'Arry sorts him out with a deal although to be fair, I doubt he'll be short of options.........

Agree with this . I think Hill himself said he wants to continue playing , so it would probably suit him to move on rather than stay and be a back up . 

27 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Away you go. 

I'd rather have a 38yr old who tries hard than a heart of a mouse 23yr old Josh Windass.

Hill has been a credit to himself and the club . The way he has conducted and applied  himself is an example to everyone at Ibrox . He is one of these players you comes to Ibrox and gets it . If we have two quality CBs lined up then it would be the correct decision to let him go . It would not be fair no him to keep him as back up and he does not strike me as a player who just wants to pick up a wage . You just know he will miss it here but he will always be welcomed back 

So many id get rid of before Clint, but if we had given him a 2yr contract at the start of the season this place would have been in uproar, I remember when we signed him, no body gave him a chance including myself..fair play Clint in proving us wrong and good luck ?

24 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Correct, what do we gain from hill staying? Not much.

Keeping windass for next year or two, developing him could land us a decent fee to reinvest.

We gain a good honest pro who could do a job and is better than those defenders being retained so far (Keirnan, Wilson and Bates)

I would like to think we could develop Windass but i think he is woeful, there is probably a reason why he didn't make it at Hull and ended up at Accrington Stanley.

He shows wee flashes here and there but has the total wrong mentality required to play for Rangers, no heart, no desire and not got enough natural ability that we can afford to overlook that.

Never be good enough imo.