McKay Keen To Stay

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Well he wants to stay so......

But money talks and if another team offers more then he'll be gone and us with a big hole to fill part way through a season- could potentially cost a title.   A teams best performers no matter how consistent they are should always be dealed in before they get a year left.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, loyalfollower said:

But money talks and if another team offers more then he'll be gone and us with a big hole to fill part way through a season- could potentially cost a title.   A teams best performers no matter how consistent they are should always be dealed in before they get a year left.

Barrie McKay is nowhere near this team's best performer :lol: he has had about 5 good games all season.

18 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

And hasn't been seen since!

You do not win leagues or anything for that matter with a player who turns up for 1 game in 10. As for yesterday, apart from his goal, he was a passenger, as usual.

He's 22 ffs. He supposed to be a man. If he doesn't posses the skills now, far less a spine, he never will. Get me in a team of better players and I will be even more consistent, in fucking hiding.

However, you still don't address the points raised. Now WTF makes this spineless waste of space so special after two years of dross performances? He's got potential? Away and bile yer heed.

I did address it, albeit not very well, he can influence a game; it takes certain players to do that, and he does it. We have had a problem for since Walter left in losing young players in terms of them not making their potential because they have inevitably been our best players, Lewis McLeod also springs to mind. Whereas in the past they would have had a team of "old heads" to bring them through stages in their careers, they didn't have that amid the upheaval at the club. Barrie doesn't have a Stevie Davis or players like that to guide him, and has had to, literally, learn on his feet. As for being 22 and supposed to be a man, I'd tend to think life is a little bit more ambiguous than that- there really is not a set template for when a players develop. McKay has been developing in the past two seasons, and give him a place in a better side and he could be very good, and more consistent.

McKay is easily one of the top 3 technical players we have. The constant abuse he receives for no going into a challenge with some 6'3 bruiser is mind boggling. Garner receives all sorts of plaudits, doubt he's contributed half as much to the team as McKay 

2 hours ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Reminds me too much of Joe Miller and even our own Tommy McLean (one of the best dead ball takers and crossers I've seen). Hard man of the opposing team hunts him down for the first 10 mins then he's out the game. The great wingers such as Willie Henderson or Coop, or forward mids could take the punishment or avoid it without bottling it.

He also seems to have very little strength on the ball and is easily knocked off it.

1 hour ago, Trooblue said:

He's nowhere near the same class as Tommy McLean. 

Never said he was as why I mentioned Tommys skill over a dead ball and crosses. But Tommy was also liable to disappear during a game if he had a bruiser of a left back against him. Just like McKay so hence the comparison.

5 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

WTF in your mind is a good footballer? Can he beat a man? Consistently deliver a final ball? Has vision? Head a ball? Positional awareness? Physical presence? Guile? Prolific goal scorer? Physical toughness? Mental toughness? 

Pray tell wtf he is good at? He's had two fucking years to prove himself.

This thumbsucker turns up at the wrong game every week. This shitebag is all that is wrong with this squad and should be the furst out the fucking door.

I may be jumping to conclusions but I get the impression you don't like Barrie much?!!

Would be one of ones I would keep unless someone comes knocking with a good offer and funds put back into the squad. 

Better players around him him and I think he will flourish. He is probably one of the only ones who's expected to create a bit of magic but we need more than one player doing that and that will help the lad out. 

5 hours ago, ianferguson said:

This is where I want to stay. Despite having ups and downs, I’ve enjoyed every minute at Rangers.

“I’ve read stuff saying because I’ve not signed I must want away. It’s not like that, but the fans might read it like that.

“It’s important they know the truth. I’m not in a rush to go anywhere. It’s not as if I want out. I want to play here.

“If I’m not in the manager’s plans, it’s up to me to get in them and stay there

Seriously mate, I didn't think there was anyone still gullible enough to believe what anyone in football says

35 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Would be one of ones I would keep unless someone comes knocking with a good offer and funds put back into the squad. 

Better players around him him and I think he will flourish. He is probably one of the only ones who's expected to create a bit of magic but we need more than one player doing that and that will help the lad out. 

Would you get a good offer 4 months before you could sign him for free

2 hours ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Never said he was as why I mentioned Tommys skill over a dead ball and crosses. But Tommy was also liable to disappear during a game if he had a bruiser of a left back against him. Just like McKay so hence the comparison.

Yes,  you are right about McLean - I well remember giving him stick from the terraces when he avoided tackling and jumped out of the way of the big left-backs.  Having said that, there was far less protection given to wingers in those days, and he could hardly be blamed for preserving his limbs, so some of the stick was probably unfair!  With McKay, I think he disappears from games even when there's no apparent reason for this - I've watched him just repeatedly fail to take on defenders who look as if they are there for the taking.  He's a frustrating player because there's clearly some real ability there, but I don't see any signs of him progressing - it's the same pattern repeated, with one good game followed by several really poor perfomances.  I don't think McLean was ever as inconsistent as this (in fact, at McKay's age he was tearing defences apart when he was with Kilmarnock, and that what's earned him the move to Ibrox). 

4 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

:rofl:

3 hours ago, jintybear said:

I may be jumpingappens every full moont conclusions but I get the impressin you don't like Barrie much?!!

Its full moon time mate so his thought process IS scambled at the moment and he attacks all things Rangers, normality will return IN a few days when he just hates King and co, IT happens every full moon.

3 hours ago, jintybear said:

I may be jumping to conclusions but I get the impression you don't like Barrie much?!!

An imposter of the worst sorts. Thinks he is better than he is and deserves more cash. Now considering he has been posted missing most of the season, you could count the number of half decent games he's had in one hand, he certainly holds himself in high regard.

Still not one poster can give me a list of his attributes, far less a reason why he has been dross in about every game he has played. Only that he has good potential. One even had the imagination to say he had a good first touch. One even said he could be the difference in not winning the league. I could say some aren't taking enough medication. 

46 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Time will tell , but I'm in ns casen doubt his preferred choice is Ran gers.

No chance mate as this and his next contact are his money making contracts as two three year contracts will get him to 28 years old and for a play uses his pace he will be starting to slow a wee bit.

The place he will play IS the place who pays the most, not got a problem with that and IN his case he doesnt give value for money at the moment enough so giving him more cash wont change him, Good luck to him what every he does.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

An imposter of the worst sorts. Thinks he is better than he is and deserves more cash. Now considering he has been posted missing most of the season, you could count the number of half decent games he's had in one hand, he certainly holds himself in high regard.

Still not one poster can give me a list of his attributes, far less a reason why he has been dross in about every game he has played. Only that he has good potential. One even had the imagination to say he had a good first touch. One even said he could be the difference in not winning the league. I could say some aren't taking enough medication. 

Now then BA, we are normally on the same page with King & Co, but I think you are wrong about Barrie.

I do not think he is a natural winger, especially when he is nearly always played on the left and is right footed, but he does see passes that few of our other players at the moment see, he can find his man with some great long balls. He can take a goal well as he has proved the last two games. He has pace and great first touch.

His biggest fault at the moment IMO is that like a lot of players like him, can go missing in games and he needs to learn to be much more passionate and determined. I believe that Pedro can install that part into his game and hope he stays to see if that can happen.

This is my opinion and realise it is not the same as yours, but that is the great thing about football, we all think we know what players are good and who are shite. :thumbup: 

If you look at the match day threads the difference in team selections are huge sometimes, and we all have favourite players which is good, and also the ones we do not like and I think after reading some of your posts you do not like Barrie. :thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Now then BA, we are normally on the same page with King & Co, but I think you are wrong about Barrie.

I do not think he is a natural winger, especially when he is nearly always played on the left and is right footed, but he does see passes that few of our other players at the moment see, he can find his man with some great long balls. He can take a goal well as he has proved the last two games. He has pace and great first touch.

His biggest fault at the moment IMO is that like a lot of players like him, can go missing in games and he needs to learn to be much more passionate and determined. I believe that Pedro can install that part into his game and hope he stays to see if that can happen.

This is my opinion and realise it is not the same as yours, but that is the great thing about football, we all think we know what players are good and who are shite. :thumbup: 

If you look at the match day threads the difference in team selections are huge sometimes, and we all have favourite players which is good, and also the ones we do not like and I think after reading some of your posts you do not like Barrie. :thumbsup:

His best games have been when he's in the middle. He's so lightweight though, it just worsens the lack of fight in midfield and at the moment he can't be trusted too much there either.

I'd like to keep him, many of his performances this season have been utter gash and knew well before half time he'd be subbed, but I do think with a much stronger defensive midfield and better defence he could be a good first team player for us.

1 minute ago, jim white's a bear said:

His best games have been when he's in the middle. He's so lightweight though, it just worsens the lack of fight in midfield and at the moment he can't be trusted too much there either.

I'd like to keep him, many of his performances this season have been utter gash and knew well before half time he'd be subbed, but I do think with a much stronger defensive midfield and better defence he could be a good first team player for us.

I agree with most of your post, as I said above I think Pedro and his team can help Barrie to install more fight into his play. I suppose time will tell if that can happen and of course if Pedro wants him to stay. :thumbup: