McKay Keen To Stay

34 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Now then BA, we are normally on the same page with King & Co, but I think you are wrong about Barrie.

I do not think he is a natural winger, especially when he is nearly always played on the left and is right footed, but he does see passes that few of our other players at the moment see, he can find his man with some great long balls. He can take a goal well as he has proved the last two games. He has pace and great first touch.

His biggest fault at the moment IMO is that like a lot of players like him, can go missing in games and he needs to learn to be much more passionate and determined. I believe that Pedro can install that part into his game and hope he stays to see if that can happen.

This is my opinion and realise it is not the same as yours, but that is the great thing about football, we all think we know what players are good and who are shite. :thumbup: 

If you look at the match day threads the difference in team selections are huge sometimes, and we all have favourite players which is good, and also the ones we do not like and I think after reading some of your posts you do not like Barrie. :thumbsup:

I've put my faith in him too many times, only to be disappointed. I'll admit he does have talent. I also previously blamed his poor performances on here, in playing left in front of Wallace who continually overlapped him and McKay ended up looking lost, not knowing his role.

Then he'd play well against some shit team and I'm going right we're in, time to step up, then he would go missing in action, so I've gave up on him. 

He's on the wing because he isn't strong enough in the middle. Easily muscled off the ball and would just be toast in front of someone like Broon, because he is simply just a shitebag. Wouldn't have him in centre mid in a million, nor could I have him in a pairing up front, as just too easily bullied.

His talent is by no means exceptional, so I don't understand why we should do makeshift to fit him in, as he just hasn't got what it takes, particularly playing for us. He's had two years to impress and no progress. He is the type who get manahers the sack.

Lastly, all this extension saga, like he was trying to hold out for more cash and no doubt his agent doing the rounds and coming up with zilch, so let's hang on in with us. Well a big fat no from me and he can fuck off, because he won't be missed. 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I've put my faith in him too many times, only to be disappointed. I'll admit he does have talent. I also previously blamed his poor performances on here, in playing left in front of Wallace who continually overlapped him and McKay ended up looking lost, not knowing his role.

Then he'd play well against some shit team and I'm going right we're in, time to step up, then he would go missing in action, so I've gave up on him. 

He's on the wing because he isn't strong enough in the middle. Easily muscled off the ball and would just be toast in front of someone like Broon, because he is simply just a shitebag. Wouldn't have him in centre mid in a million, nor could I have him in a pairing up front, as just too easily bullied.

His talent is by no means exceptional, so I don't understand why we should do makeshift to fit him in, as he just hasn't got what it takes, particularly playing for us. He's had two years to impress and no progress. He is the type who get manahers the sack.

Lastly, all this extension saga, like he was trying to hold out for more cash and no doubt his agent doing the rounds and coming up with zilch, so let's hang on in with us. Well a big fat no from me and he can fuck off, because he won't be missed. 

You are a hard man BA, but you are entitled to your opinion.

I have decided not to give up on him yet, and want to see what Pedro can do to install more fight into his game, so it is a case of agree to disagree on this one because I am a stubborn chap as well when I want to be.   :thumbup:

Young Barrie needs a strong, motivating hand to mentor him through the emotional side to his game. He is very much the "confidence player" which is why I think Pedro will be just the Gaffer for him to bring out the best .... he's keen to stay which says a lot.

We know now how MW didn't like confrontation and his man management was poor - Barrie's response was clear.

He is no doubt very talented, his goal at the weekend was sublime (and not for the first time), the control and shot was very very technical. He needs a strong hand though and I think Pedro can show young Barrie the way.

I'm glad he wants to stay.

Guest Lloyd72
2 hours ago, gordov said:

McKay is the one that leaked the team before an Old-Firm game, was fined 2 weeks wages by the club. Mole

This'll be front and back page of the record tomorrow

I know for a fact that he wants to stay and is looking for a bit more security on his contract.

The boy is talented, clearly, people in this thread obviously don't watch Rangers if they don't think he is. His first touch is sublime, he has vision and can play a pass. His mentality and willingness to keep going holds back so much. It's as if he's scared to take his man on sometimes, unless he's 100% certain he'll beat him, to me, it's as if he's paranoid about how the fans will react if he doesn't beat his man or loses the ball. I know most who go to games will applaud his effort to go down the outside instead of cutting inside and passing, McKay just needs to believe in himself more.

2 minutes ago, WGOH said:

I know for a fact that he wants to stay and is looking for a bit more security on his contract.

The boy is talented, clearly, people in this thread obviously don't watch Rangers if they don't think he is. His first touch is sublime, he has vision and can play a pass. His mentality and willingness to keep going holds back so much. It's as if he's scared to take his man on sometimes, unless he's 100% certain he'll beat him, to me, it's as if he's paranoid about how the fans will react if he doesn't beat his man or loses the ball. I know most who go to games will applaud his effort to go down the outside instead of cutting inside and passing, McKay just needs to believe in himself more.

Good post,the only thing I would add to that is  if he's up against a physically stronger player it's as if he knows he's not getting the better of him and tends to hide

Just now, Ivybank said:

Good post,the only thing I would add to that is  if he's up against a physically stronger player it's as if he knows he's not getting the better of him and tends to hide

Yep, I agree, which is were his mentality must change, or even if the manager recognises this and changes him wings - which he did briefly on Saturday and looked better. 

Hearts game at Ibrox last time, he was up against Paterson though, and he is a taller, stronger and more physically intimidating player than McKay and wee Barrie had him on toast the full game, so he definitely can do it, it's just a matter of how often 

13 hours ago, Bears r us said:

You are a hard man BA, but you are entitled to your opinion.

I have decided not to give up on him yet, and want to see what Pedro can do to install more fight into his game, so it is a case of agree to disagree on this one because I am a stubborn chap as well when I want to be.   :thumbup:

I suppose its possible he might be given up by the Club though.   If an offer came in for him, and it was decent enough, I'd be surprised if he didn't find himself playing his football somewhere else next season.   For instance if Warburton / Forest made a bid, a full-fat credibly valued bid as an attempt to put the bad atmospherics between Rangers and Forest / Warburton behind them.  

If he's still at Rangers next season then imo it'll be because the Club has not been able to offload him.    He's not been a 7 or better out of 10 player consistently enough since he came into the first team squad.   If Pedro thinks he can get him to lift his game to a much higher and more consistent standard then good luck to Pedro.  But if at 22 you are not delivering at that sort of performance level then these days it may well be an indicator you're never going to.  The only other thing is he is better than pretty much most of the rest of the first team squad so if Pedro thought he might be a useful non-core player who could do the right sort of job every now and then, then fair enough.

19 minutes ago, WGOH said:

His problem is that under Warburton, if he took on his man and lost the ball, Wallace would be ahead of him and their wide player would have 50 yards of space to run into against our centre half. 

It's about taking risks in the right areas of the pitch, and I think under Pedro the shape we will play will eventually give him more freedom to be more aggressive at running at players. He could play as a number 10, but he'd again need solid players behind him who aren't bombing on, so he knows if he loses possession he's not going to direct contribute to us conceding. 

He has the best first touch in the team at the moment, can see a pass is fast and can finish. Where he does need to improve on is his willingness to take on and beat a man , tracking back and just being a bit physically stronger on the ball. He does not need to fly into tackles but does need to be a bit more robust in this area. I would offer him an extension to his contract but if he is not committed then sell him now 

2 hours ago, WGOH said:

Talking too much sense there mate.

Along with those out of contract, he will need to get rid of high earners to get his own people in, so I fully expect a fire sale and the thumb sucker will be among them. It's not the time for weaning players off the dummy, but a time for cynical bastards with a bit of quality to come in and take no prisoners. PC will be well aware if he doesn't improve our lot next season he is toast and I'd be fucked if I let my job depend on a shower of pussies. His pressers are certainly alluding to that. Pussies out, men of steel in.