McKay Keen To Stay

22 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Along with those out of contract, he will need to get rid of high earners to get his own people in, so I fully expect a fire sale and the thumb sucker will be among them. It's not the time for weaning players off the dummy, but a time for cynical bastards with a bit of quality to come in and take no prisoners. PC will be well aware if he doesn't improve our lot next season he is toast and I'd be fucked if I let my job depend on a shower of pussies. His pressers are certainly alluding to that. Pussies out, men of steel in.

A team full of steel will win nothing, the men of steel will be water carriers for the skillfull players and without both no team will prosper. Rangers have had many match winners through the years who couldn't tackle a fish supper.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

A team full of steel will win nothing, the men of steel will be water carriers for the skillfull players and without both no team will prosper. Rangers have had many match winners through the years who couldn't tackle a fish supper.

I'm talking attitude and I did say with a bit of quality, because that's all we will be getting for the money we have. The scum team is full of them and they've always had them. Even the light weights in their squad are dirty cynical bastards, not shitebags with no spine. 100 points on the table and we 30 odd behind. We neither have the time nor money to waste on nurturing pussies. MW proved that and I doubt PC will be taking any prisoners, so cashing in chips will be the order and a roller coaster on the way. 

21 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I'm talking attitude and I did say with a bit of quality, because that's all we will be getting for the money we have. The scum team is full of them and they've always had them. Even the light weights in their squad are dirty cynical bastards, not shitebags with no spine. 100 points on the table and we 30 odd behind. We neither have the time nor money to waste on nurturing pussies. MW proved that and I doubt PC will be taking any prisoners, so cashing in chips will be the order and a roller coaster on the way. 

I'd say the reason the tims are so many points in front is mostly down to ability on their part and the lack of on our part. Attitude and steel play some part but they have key players who can handle the ball and more importantly don't need 5 good chances to put the ball in the net. That said you seem to believe Barrie will chase the cash and RANGERS will seek it so happy days for you, I'll be disappointed though for I hate to see talent wasted and still believe Barrie can star for us.

7 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

I suppose its possible he might be given up by the Club though.   If an offer came in for him, and it was decent enough, I'd be surprised if he didn't find himself playing his football somewhere else next season.   For instance if Warburton / Forest made a bid, a full-fat credibly valued bid as an attempt to put the bad atmospherics between Rangers and Forest / Warburton behind them.  

If he's still at Rangers next season then imo it'll be because the Club has not been able to offload him.    He's not been a 7 or better out of 10 player consistently enough since he came into the first team squad.   If Pedro thinks he can get him to lift his game to a much higher and more consistent standard then good luck to Pedro.  But if at 22 you are not delivering at that sort of performance level then these days it may well be an indicator you're never going to.  The only other thing is he is better than pretty much most of the rest of the first team squad so if Pedro thought he might be a useful non-core player who could do the right sort of job every now and then, then fair enough.

He might well be sold if an offer comes in RB, but if Pedro wants him to stay that will tell us that he (Pedro) thinks as I do that he can be improved and made a better player. I keep thinking if someone has ability as a footballer, but lacks things like bravery and will to win that can be installed by proper coaching.

We will know before long that is for sure, personally I hope many more go before Barrie.

It is all about opinions and I know I am in the minority on RM in thinking he can still be good for us. :thumbup: 

19 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

He might well be sold if an offer comes in RB, but if Pedro wants him to stay that will tell us that he (Pedro) thinks as I do that he can be improved and made a better player. I keep thinking if someone has ability as a footballer, but lacks things like bravery and will to win that can be installed by proper coaching.

We will know before long that is for sure, personally I hope many more go before Barrie.

It is all about opinions and I know I am in the minority on RM in thinking he can still be good for us. :thumbup: 

I would agree if that's all it was with McKay, but imo it goes far beyond that. He just doesn't look interested 90% of the time he's on the park for us, I think you can only improve someone who wants to be improved and it really doesnt look like McKay has the mentality to do that. And that's not something that can be coached or brought out of a 22 year old man, by that age you should 100% know how to apply yourself in your job

1 minute ago, the_r_sole said:

I would agree if that's all it was with McKay, but imo it goes far beyond that. He just doesn't look interested 90% of the time he's on the park for us, I think you can only improve someone who wants to be improved and it really doesnt look like McKay has the mentality to do that. And that's not something that can be coached or brought out of a 22 year old man, by that age you should 100% know how to apply yourself in your job

I could not make the game on Sat due to the early start, but got home in time to see most of it on TV and I thought he was showing more determination, and he certainly seemed to enjoy his goal and celebrated as if it did mean something to him. I also thought his goal against PT was outstanding. 

I know I am very much in the minority on RM because he has had some poor games this season, but then he is playing with players who are also not performing. I have no idea whether Pedro wants to keep Barrie, if he does not rate him then he will be sold and I will accept that decision, but If he wants to keep him then he will stay. We should hopefully find out before long. 

2 hours ago, ianferguson said:

I'd say the reason the tims are so many points in front is mostly down to ability on their part and the lack of on our part. Attitude and steel play some part but they have key players who can handle the ball and more importantly don't need 5 good chances to put the ball in the net. That said you seem to believe Barrie will chase the cash and RANGERS will seek it so happy days for you, I'll be disappointed though for I hate to see talent wasted and still believe Barrie can star for us.

Yes, but our problem is we don't have the money to spend to match their quality, so we need to compensate in some manner to close that gap. Sure, we still have to be creative, but we also need to stop them playing. As for Barrie, I said the same before the first 5-1 game and I got fucking pelters for it and the wee fanny has let me down badly. He frustrates the fuck out of me, not that it shows. I think with PC it's now down to each player to show what they've got and for me, he's still not showing enough of what he's got. Play shite, make mistakes, that's ok, but ffs show that hunger and passion. Don't be a shrinking violet because you didn't succeed at the first attempt, or some big hard bastard gets in your road. Just keep fucking at it. Then he'll learn better.

1 hour ago, the_r_sole said:

He does appear to be a complicated character. The mentality one being the biggest one to crack. Think he needs to be forced and told in no uncertain terms that he either steps up or it's cheerio. He has been nurtured and mollycoddled by MW for too long now for it to continue much further.

14 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Yes, but our problem is we don't have the money to spend to match their quality, so we need to compensate in some manner to close that gap. Sure, we still have to be creative, but we also need to stop them playing. As for Barrie, I said the same before the first 5-1 game and I got fucking pelters for it and the wee fanny has let me down badly. He frustrates the fuck out of me, not that it shows. I think with PC it's now down to each player to show what they've got and for me, he's still not showing enough of what he's got. Play shite, make mistakes, that's ok, but ffs show that hunger and passion. Don't be a shrinking violet because you didn't succeed at the first attempt, or some big hard bastard gets in your road. Just keep fucking at it. Then he'll learn better.

What would you do the now with him assuming we dont/cant sell him in the close season. Give him a new deal just now or wait 6 months to see if he improves? Personally speaking I would do the latter and that is only if he is not sold in the summer.

16 hours ago, thetruthisootthere said:

Watched the boy at half time against the bheasts, was having a great laugh with Bates.  Now this boy is either stupid or doesn't give a fuckin... either way get him tae fuck.

What do you want, the hundred yards stare and a growl?