Best Rangers atmosphere you've experienced?

2 hours ago, The Beast said:

I know but we took Marseille right to the edge despite Tapie's bribing of officials. Marseille only beat Milan narrowly in the final so who's to say what might have been.

I believe the fact that we never got to play with McCoist and Hately together in any of the group games for various reasons denied us the chance of winning the CL that year.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

So many but semi final versus Bayern has to be my Ibrox favourite

Hampden, beating them 3-2 in the centenary cup final when big Tam Forsyth rocketed home that volley from a full six inches out.   

Best Hampden atmosphere Scotland vs England >120K the weekend after Barcelona, half the cunts in the Rangers end were still wearing sombreros.  

That's the exact same two games that I thought were the best. Beating Bayern 2-0, and Willie Johnston sat on the ball, right in front of us.

The 3-2 cup final was a cracking atmosphere. My mother was against me going to games against them, but she allowed me because it was a cup final, and I promised to behave, and be sensible. Alfie Conn was a favourite player of mine, and he had a really good game, although he did shatter my heart into a million pieces when he signed for them. When I heard the news, about Conn signing for them, when I got home I destroyed every picture I had of him. I still had quite a few even though he went to Spurs. I was going to set all the pictures of him on fire, in our back green, but my mum wouldn't let me, though she did help to cut up all my pictures, with her kitchen scissors, as the tears rolled down my cheeks. How could he have done this to me??

The earlier in my life OF games. Late 80s/early 90s were all great.

Used to be better and the singing started about half an hour before kickoff, because for OF games they didn't play music and the fans filled the void. But at some point they started playing music and it spoiled the pre-match back and forth singing contest with the mhanks. Used to build it up nicely to boiling point by the start of the match. 

Other contenders were the Edu OF match, the sheep game in 91 and Marseilles. 

Think a lot of this boils down to your age and personal circumstance.

For me, CWC win over Bayern in 72, my Dad took me.

and team it with the Inter game in 2005, that time I took my dad.

Due to age, it looks like his last visit.

weirdly, I was more shocked that the Inter game was 12 year ago, than the 45 years back to the Bayern game!

All the games mentioned. 

Special mention to the Rangers End at the old Hampden in a big game , where any time we scored a big cloud of dust would emit from the terracings. Brilliant back then . 

6 hours ago, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

A remember,well vaguely the Parma 2-0 game, a was behind goal to the left with my brother when Vidmar scored, am sure we played them twice in Europe not too long apart,a remember having to get a half day because we played them away about two in the afternoon or something,we got beat as well, but the Parma 2-0 was a good bounce and sing song for me and thousands that night:dance:

The time we played them during the day Was The uefa cup mate. We drew first leg 1-1 went 1 up away and lost 3-1

10 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Best Rangers atmosphere was 6-1 against that team that pure lied doon so they did. 

Best sevco atmosphere was 4-2 against the over exuberant scag dealers. 

The 4-2 has been the best for a long time imo

12 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Inter game when we made the last 16. The noise when Lovenkrands scored was unbelievable.

This.

The contrast between the noise at the goal and then the silence as we waited to hear the result of the Artmedia Porto game - then when the result came through over the tannoy the place erupted.

Always stick in the memory that game.

12 hours ago, roger9650 said:

1987 Dynamo Kiev 

Nothing eclipses that night imo, genuinely thought the roof was coming off.

Incredible noise generated inside Ibrox, enough to make an entire team of Russian internationalists used to playing in front of 100K + crowd's totally Shit themselves. Never experienced a better atmosphere before or since that night. Anybody who was there will tell you the same , it was truly amazing.

As a side note and despite what they tell the world this is something that could never be replicated at the glitter dome. On big Euro nights like that the unique acoustics make Ibrox very special. It was and still remains a far superior stadium.

A few stick out in my mind.

Villareal at Ibrox. I remember walking in and the place was crackling. Noise was unbelievable. 

3-2 against the taigs to stop them winning the league at our place. Atmosphere was amazing from start to finish and all the bears mocking 'the huddle' just topped it off. 

4-2 against Hibs last year. I was in the club deck that night and usually join in with every song but I occasionally didn't sing just to sit back and take it all in. When Ibrox is in full voice it really is breathtaking. The Billy Boys got sung so loud for the 1st time in a long time that night and that's a reason it sticks out.

Home games I can think of have all been mentioned already. A bit of an obscure one for an away game was hearts at tynecastle towards the end of the first helicopter Sunday season. We won 2-0 to stay top of the league, de boer and lovenkrands scored after shota missed a penalty. We got the whole end then and the place was jumping, one of my all time favourite days watching Rangers.